PDA

View Full Version : Old School Video Games

harnesslover
12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Seeing atari at the store and an article on commodore 64 made me 'flash back' to the old school classic games..

Some of my all time favorites:

Sports:

Baseball Stars - remember when you won, you got money and could build up your players and become basically unstoppable

Intellivision baseball - If for nothing else than having no idea when you would hit a homerun or not, all depended on where you hit the top of the screen

Random:

Pitfall - still one of my favorite games ever, the night I beat it was right up there with all time moments.. Sad but true

Lock N Chase - for intellivision, probably not many people played this game.. Addictive nontheless

Pheonix - better with the arcade version (come on you rememeber, you had to shoot the ship and try to kill the 'phoenix'

Decathlon - POssibly revolutionized games as we knew them...

RaceBookJoe
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
You should call this thread..." I'm Getting Old Part 2" hahaha. How about this oldie....I had the original Odyssey unit, games were on credit card type catridges, and most games were actually 'pong', but you had these plastic (like overhead projecter screens) screens that were made to look like a hockey rink, tennis court etc. For the Atari...pitfall, football (4 on 4), baseball. Intellivision football was fun also.

lilmegahertz
12-07-2007, 04:48 PM
asteroids...lol

fromtheroof
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Baseball stars will always been the greatest nintendo sports game ever. You could buy chicks on your team and have the hit 100 home runs in a season, if nothing us that game was great whenevr you beat the All American Dreamers