PDA

View Full Version : youbet

point given
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Was today the 1st day of 50 cent P4's for Calder.?? I tried to bet one at Youbet and it wouldn't let me, then I noticed that TwinSpires had the 50 cent p4 on their menu for the 7th race while Youbet had $1 P4 . The funny thing is that you can't bet Calder (twinspires owned) online with Twinspires(phone call only), but can online bet Calder at youbet. - thanks :confused:

BillW
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Was today the 1st day of 50 cent P4's for Calder.?? I tried to bet one at Youbet and it wouldn't let me, then I noticed that TwinSpires had the 50 cent p4 on their menu for the 7th race while Youbet had $1 P4 . The funny thing is that you can't bet Calder (twinspires owned) online with Twinspires(phone call only), but can online bet Calder at youbet. - thanks :confused:

Bet limitations (phone only) are due to standing contracts and the $0.50 thing is probably a software issue (i.e. poor design such that it takes a larger than necessary effort to change it to accept the $0.50 pick-4)

Premier Turf Club
12-07-2007, 04:15 PM
The $0.50 thing is probably a software issue (i.e. poor design such that it takes a larger than necessary effort to change it to accept the $0.50 pick-4)

Absolutely. There are a number of tracks where PTC provides the minimum accepted denomination bet (50 cent PK4 at TuP, 10 cent supers at EVD, etc.) where Youbet does not. It is a software issue on the ADW's end. Only exception to that is for Canadian tracks where there are certain bets (20 cent super at FE) that CPMA will not make available to American companies.

MakinItHappen
12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Absolutely. There are a number of tracks where PTC provides the minimum accepted denomination bet (50 cent PK4 at TuP, 10 cent supers at EVD, etc.) where Youbet does not. It is a software issue on the ADW's end. Only exception to that is for Canadian tracks where there are certain bets (20 cent super at FE) that CPMA will not make available to American companies.

Hey Ian,

Keep up the great work at your site, you seem to be doing a lot of wonderful things over there, but in fairness I would like to point out that Youbet does accept $.10 Supers at many tracks (everywhere offered to the best of my knowledge) and you CAN bet the 50 cent TuP PK4 at Youbet, as well. Only issue is that you have to select "Other" wager denomination and manually type in the $.50 then it will give you the Pick 4 betting option.

Thought that might be helpful to some here as this is not the first time that this type of inaccurate comment has been posted here at PA. No offense Ian, as I know that you are a straightshooter and it is not an intentional slight to YouBet. Youbet's menu options should be updated to show the $.50 as a wagering option, just as they updated it for the $.10 some time ago.

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

P.S. - PointGiven - I did not attempt to bet the P4 on YouBet at Calder today, so I can't say for sure, but I would be willing to bet that is was available if you tried to bet it as I described above. Give it a shot tomorrow.

rrbauer
12-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Youbet is usually late to the party when implementing changes to their betting software. Probably be changed in a day or two, or "real soon now".

point given
12-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Ian,

Keep up the great work at your site, you seem to be doing a lot of wonderful things over there, but in fairness I would like to point out that Youbet does accept $.10 Supers at many tracks (everywhere offered to the best of my knowledge) and you CAN bet the 50 cent TuP PK4 at Youbet, as well. Only issue is that you have to select "Other" wager denomination and manually type in the $.50 then it will give you the Pick 4 betting option.

Thought that might be helpful to some here as this is not the first time that this type of inaccurate comment has been posted here at PA. No offense Ian, as I know that you are a straightshooter and it is not an intentional slight to YouBet. Youbet's menu options should be updated to show the $.50 as a wagering option, just as they updated it for the $.10 some time ago.

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

P.S. - PointGiven - I did not attempt to bet the P4 on YouBet at Calder today, so I can't say for sure, but I would be willing to bet that is was available if you tried to bet it as I described above. Give it a shot tomorrow.

I wrote that i input .50 under the "other" category and it was not accepted twice. believe me it was NOT available. i sent them anemail on it.

spicytomato
12-07-2007, 06:31 PM
im practicing on the youbet(newbie site)

just to get the hang of online wagering

what should i know about this

any positives

negetives to be careful of??

any advice is gratefully accepted

MakinItHappen
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I wrote that i input .50 under the "other" category and it was not accepted twice. believe me it was NOT available. i sent them anemail on it.

Hey Point Given,

No problem. I did not recall that you mentioned that you had tried the "other" option. But now after re-reading your post... it is still not clear to me. :confused:

But still no problem... I didn't attempt it myself so I do not know... I will believe you. I was just trying to help based on what I have seen in the past.
Hopefully, they will have the shitsiation rectumfied by tomorrow.

Best of Luck Point Given and Everyone!

MakinItHappen

Premier Turf Club
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Ian,

I can tell you with 100% certainy Youbet didn't have the 0.10 EVD supers this spring. It cost my friend a gigantic super at EVD.

He didn't have a PTC account at the time and played through his Youbet account. He called the next day to bitch that he would have had a $30k+ super but he only wanted to invest like $250 in the race and his combo came out to $400 in $1 supers so he dropped a horse or two from 4th spot. Of course one of those he dropped finished 4th. He was incredulous when I told him we had the $0.10 increment and he would have had it for ~70 cents (I think it paid like $35k). He opened up an acount the next day.

Again, they may have the bet now, they certainly didn't last March.

Mil Mascaras
12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainy Youbet didn't have the 0.10 EVD supers this spring. It cost my friend a gigantic super at EVD.

Again, they may have the bet now, they certainly didn't last March.

I've been betting the 10 cent super online at Youbet since the summer of 06.

EVD wasn't open in March. Their meet opened in April.

I checked my records and I was betting the 10 cent supers at EVD online through Youbet this past spring.

Snag
12-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Yep. Me too.

point given
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
My bad, i thought i had put in the "other" and didnot reread my original post.

You still might be confused though, as you assume things that happened before are happening again. :lol:

On the Twinspires side though, I bet a little Fairgrounds action and still see that they donot have the P3 will pays, but they show it on the video feed from the track. Now Fairgrounds is a Twinspires track , as is Calder, so why do they get Calders p3,but not the other. Under the exotics tab, they have posted " exotic payoff as reported by hosttrack" SO, Fairgrounds is not reporting back to their own office on willpays ? This stuff is absurd.

Hey Point Given,

No problem. I did not recall that you mentioned that you had tried the "other" option. But now after re-reading your post... it is still not clear to me. :confused:

But still no problem... I didn't attempt it myself so I do not know... I will believe you. I was just trying to help based on what I have seen in the past.
Hopefully, they will have the shitsiation rectumfied by tomorrow.

Best of Luck Point Given and Everyone!

MakinItHappen

Premier Turf Club
12-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Then it was April. I was shocked that the bet wasn't available at Youbet. In fact, I didn't realize until I checked our site that it was available anywhere in 10 cent increments. I don't play EVD. It was absolutely the same way with the 50 cent pk 4 at TuP. I know EXACTLY what happened. It's all in having the proper minimums defined at the tote. When we first put up, I think it was CBY, we didn't have the 10 cent super. We had to push the tote and push CBY to let it be defined. It took until day 3 to get it done. What must have occurred is that nobody bothered to check the minimum increments

And for the record, I like Youbet. I've probably had an account there longer than most.

ezrabrooks
12-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I've been betting the 10 cent super online at Youbet since the summer of 06.

EVD wasn't open in March. Their meet opened in April.

I checked my records and I was betting the 10 cent supers at EVD online through Youbet this past spring.

That ole '100% certainy' just aint what it used to be..

Ez

PaceAdvantage
12-08-2007, 02:36 PM
That ole '100% certainy' just aint what it used to be..

EzThat's why I always use "99.9%" or thereabouts....isn't this fun?

Southieboy
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Calder now offers 50c Pick 4's

point given
12-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Calder now offers 50c Pick 4's

yes, i bet it today there - i checked early on and saw that it was now accepted as a bet for Youbet, on the Calder P4.

They also corrected the Fairgrounds P3 will pays, so that they are now shown under the exotics tab on Twinspires, so everything is good in the world of racing ADW land .

Now if we could just bet any track on any ADW platform in 2008, that would be an accomplishment. Wait ..... I just got a telegram, its official ....." Hell has now frozen over ! "