PDA

View Full Version : The glutton of Gulfstream Park

karlskorner
01-17-2003, 10:28 AM
http://www.espn.go.com/horse

scroll down to Bill Finley's column

Whitehos
01-17-2003, 05:41 PM
And I love em. Been making money from them since GPX opened.
Thanks for the article.
Whitehos

joeprunes
01-17-2003, 07:31 PM
What do you mean by making money from them??

Whitehos
01-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Shuuuuuuuuuuuooooooooo
Don't tell anyone. They are a winning combination..........and I bet them.
I know of others like them. And I bet them too. It may surprise you but there are some people in this game only for the purpose of winning.

Whitehos

jk3521
01-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Whithos,

Please explain what you are talking about?

cj
01-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Read the articles guys, he means Gill and Shuman.

CJ

crackers@NOLA
01-18-2003, 08:30 AM
He runs unique stable. First off ALL of his trainers are on a salary, they do not receive 10% of a winning purse. His goal has been to beat out RAE in wins, he tried last year and failed. He even got into a little claiming war with RAE at Del Pk last year, guess what they BOTH were losers in there hatred for each other. Rumor was that Del Pk was not going to let him come back this year because he scared alot of people off with his claiming. I personally don't think that will happen because they need the entries that he puts in EVERY day to fill races. Gill also spent over 3 million on yearlings last year and as of right now they are not panning out. Gill also has a a bad reputation from his past being banned as a trainer in NE. Alot of his success stems from "better racing thru chemistry". Personally I can say that he is a nice guy to chat with and a fierce competitor.

jk3521
01-18-2003, 10:23 AM
The Finley column that comes up with the thread given is dated Jan 1, and is entitled " I hope these things happen in horse racing in 2003. " There is nothing there about, Gilman/ Shuman , but I know that Shuman horses have been hot this meet.

JimG
01-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jk3521
The Finley column that comes up with the thread given is dated Jan 1, and is entitled " I hope these things happen in horse racing in 2003. " There is nothing there about, Gilman/ Shuman , but I know that Shuman horses have been hot this meet.

This should be the exact link to the article mentioned by Karl

http://espn.go.com/horse/columns/misc/1493918.html

Jim