PDA

View Full Version : Make way for righty! Make way for righty!

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Just doing my part to prop up the myth that off-topic is dominated by right-wingers....betcha won't find the following article being discussed by any in the pro-choice crowd...but then again, it's kind of like smoking, isn't it? A choice everyone should have....

Study: Abortion Fueling Cancer Epidemic

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:48 PM

By: Sylvia Hubbard Article Font Size http://newsmax.com/images/layout/minus.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setActiveStyleSheet('default');) http://newsmax.com/images/layout/plus.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setActiveStyleSheet('largeFont');)

Having an abortion raises a woman’s risk of breast cancer by at least 30 percent, and is fueling an “epidemic” of the often fatal disease, according to British researchers.

According to a new study published in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, young women who had an abortion before having a child are at the greatest risk for developing breast cancer.

The study’s lead author Patrick Carroll calls abortion the single “best predictor” of breast cancer trends.

or maybe this, in the same league:

Why isn't this study on the pill heeded?

By Dennis Byrne | a Chicago-area writer and consultant December 3, 2007

Not wanting to become known as the town quack, I am reluctant to write another politically incorrect column about breast cancer.

Four weeks ago, when I reported a study that found a statistical link between abortion and breast cancer, the hate e-mail poured in, denouncing me for being an ignorant, stupid, anti-science, anti-choice and anti-woman lunatic. But it also brought a message alerting me to yet another study, suggesting that premenopausal women (younger than 50) who used oral contraceptives prior to having their first child faced a higher risk of breast cancer. Yes, I know, this debate has been going on for years, if not decades, and judging by the last studies given wide exposure a few years ago by the media, the issue seems settled: Oral contraception does not significantly increase the risk of breast cancer.

The reaction? Nearly total silence. Since it was published more than a year ago, I couldn't find a single reference to it in the archives of the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times or this paper. The Associated Press appears not to have covered it. I couldn't find a single mainstream media article about it in a Google search. But stories about other breast cancer risks were plentiful, including one about how sleeping with a night light on can increase your chances of getting breast cancer. The National Institute of Cancer doesn't mention the study on its Web site, but it did detail a 5-year-old study claiming to find no higher risk to pill use. The American Cancer Society also doesn't mention the study and concedes only that "it is still not clear what part" the pill plays in breast cancer. Such guidance, if not deceptive, is certainly incomplete.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/health/chi-oped1203byrnedec03,1,73883.story

http://newsmax.com/headlines/abortion_breast_cancer/2007/12/04/54512.html

ljb
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
By pro-choice crowd are you referring to Rudy ?
The data from newsmax deserves no comment as it is somewhat like using Rush as a source.

hcap
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
PaceAdvantageMake way for righty! Make way for righty!
Just doing my part to prop up the myth that off-topic is dominated by right-wingers..You're the one that brought it up. Except you claimed it certainly was the left that dominated. I pointed out it was not dominated by either, but that there were more righties. Recently however it appears approx even.

The NIE release got many talking.

skate
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
U.S. Teen Births Rise
For First Time Since 1991

nation's teen birth rate has risen for the first time in 14 years, according to a new government report.

The birth rate had been dropping since 1991. The decline had slowed in recent years, but government statisticians said Wednesday it jumped 3% from 2005 to 2006.

"It took us by surprise," said Stephanie Ventura of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a co-author of the report.

The birth data for 2006 also showed births to unmarried mothers hit a new record high, and the overall birth rate has climbed to its highest level since 1971.

The teen increase was based on the 15-19 age group, which accounted for about 99% of the more than 440,000 births to teens in 2006. The rate rose to 41.9 live births per 1,000 females in that age group, up from 40.5 in 2005

skate
12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
PaceAdvantageYou're the one that brought it up. Except you claimed it certainly was the left that dominated. I pointed out it was not dominated by either, but that there were more righties. Recently however it appears approx even.

The NIE release got many talking.

another skew:cool: or did this all hapen 'like yesterday'.:)

Recently however...:lol:

kitstroh
12-05-2007, 06:25 PM
why the hell is someone who's the administrator of this site starting a political thread. you people bored with horse stories. let people lead their own lives, can't stand people who want to tell folks how to live, but it dosen't apply to their own life or family.

Secretariat
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
U.S. Teen Births Rise
For First Time Since 1991

nation's teen birth rate has risen for the first time in 14 years, according to a new government report.

The birth rate had been dropping since 1991. The decline had slowed in recent years, but government statisticians said Wednesday it jumped 3% from 2005 to 2006.

"It took us by surprise," said Stephanie Ventura of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a co-author of the report.

The birth data for 2006 also showed births to unmarried mothers hit a new record high, and the overall birth rate has climbed to its highest level since 1971.

The teen increase was based on the 15-19 age group, which accounted for about 99% of the more than 440,000 births to teens in 2006. The rate rose to 41.9 live births per 1,000 females in that age group, up from 40.5 in 2005

Hmmm....the figures seem to parallel the emphasis on abstinence and avoidance of birth control options. Good post.

ArlJim78
12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
why the hell is someone who's the administrator of this site starting a political thread. you people bored with horse stories. let people lead their own lives, can't stand people who want to tell folks how to live, but it dosen't apply to their own life or family.
so first you take your shot at the adminstrator for starting a political thread, and follow that up by saying you can't stand people who tell others how to live??:eek::confused:

Show Me the Wire
12-05-2007, 06:39 PM
so first you take your shot at the adminstrator for starting a political thread, and follow that up by saying you can't stand people who tell others how to live??:eek::confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Judge
12-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Assuming this is true why haven't the anti-abortion people telling us this rather then "its wrong" why not "it will give you cancer and we think its wrong." Why haven't the politicans told us this espescially those that run on anti-abortions tagg called a press conference.

What happened to Rupert Mudock? Certanily he could get the word out. Assuming this is true, and as I sit here I have no cause to doubt it ,women have a right to now this.

ddog
12-05-2007, 06:56 PM
unless you, PA and the "others" want to pay for the care and feeding and/or jail time of the little bastards then YES, it's their choice.

JustRalph
12-05-2007, 07:57 PM

You must hate Al Gore and Ed Begley then...............

46zilzal
12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Current Knowledge from a REAL source.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/abortion-miscarriage
In February 2003, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) convened a workshop of over 100 of the world’s leading experts who study pregnancy and breast cancer risk. Workshop participants reviewed existing population-based, clinical, and animal studies on the relationship between pregnancy and breast cancer risk, including studies of induced and spontaneous abortions. They concluded that having an abortion or miscarriage does not increase a woman’s subsequent risk of developing breast cancer. A summary of their findings, titled Summary Report: Early Reproductive Events and Breast Cancer Workshop, can be found at http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/ere-workshop-report .

The religious elements will continue to propagandize and scare people with made up statistics. Big billboards, with this message, have gone up around here to rousing laughter.

riskman
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM

This thread by PA is in the "off topic" section of the forum. Just click and point back to the racing forum and all should be well with you. Bye, bye

riskman
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Are there any studies that link breast cancer with sexual relations. Some possible links:

Durex Survey (2003) Highlights:

People have sex an average of 127 times a year.

Three quarters of those polled are happy with their sex lives.( big lie)

Eastern Europeans (Hungarians, Bulgarians, and Russians) are the most sexually active (150).

David Beckham was chosen as the sexiest man. George Clooney and Ben Affleck round out the top three.

Jennifer Lopez was chosen as the sexiest woman. Catherine Zeta Jones came in second. Halle Berry and Britney Spears(got to be kidding) tied for third place.

45% of those taking the survey reported having a one night stand.

Those in Thailand, China, and Vietnam were the most contented with their sex life.

Fins and Russians were the least happy.

Americans were low on the frequency list in 2003 at 118 times per year.

The three countries with the lowest sexual frequency were Sweden (102), Maylasia (100), and Singapore (96).

48% of women admitted to faking an orgasm.(Wow -what the hell is going on ?)

Tom
12-05-2007, 10:40 PM

This from a newbie who has 2 racing posts and 8 political ones! :lol:
And you should improve your reading skills - PA never tried to tell anyone how to live thier lives. You must be thinking of the libs - total control from cradle to grave. the party of oppression.

Tom
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
You must hate Al Gore and Ed Begley then...............

And the Breck Girl, John Edwards.

betsall
12-05-2007, 11:18 PM
This from a newbie who has 2 racing posts and 8 political ones! :lol:
And you should improve your reading skills - PA never tried to tell anyone how to live thier lives. You must be thinking of the libs - total control from cradle to grave. the party of oppression.

They ya go hassling newbies again, what exactly is your malfuction tom boy.

Evewrytime i look at a political thread I see you whining, tsk tsk. It has to mean something why your always crying and yelling etc.

You spout your beliefs and noone listens. Your pathetic. Leave the kids alone.

JustRalph
12-06-2007, 01:16 AM

Evewrytime i look at a political thread I see you whining, tsk tsk. It has to mean something why your always crying and yelling etc.

tsk tsk tsk................

Tom
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM

:kiss: MA.

ddog
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
And, from the original post , NO it's not kinda like smoking.
I don't have to try to avoid second-hand babies for fear of getting cancer from them.
I don't want to pay for medical treatment for smokers either if at all possible.

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2007, 01:57 AM
why the hell is someone who's the administrator of this site starting a political thread. you people bored with horse stories. let people lead their own lives, can't stand people who want to tell folks how to live, but it dosen't apply to their own life or family.I didn't tell people how to do anything.

And, since it IS my site, I can do with it what I like....how much are you paying, exactly, to access this site? Oh yeah, that's right....NOTHING...

After 8 years, it's still going strong, so I must be doing something right....but thanks anyway....

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2007, 02:01 AM

You spout your beliefs and noone listens. Your pathetic. Leave the kids alone.Address the issues, not the people. I'm tired of the personal shit. If you can't talk about the issues, then don't talk.

Newbies who jump in and start posting shit (especially shit to the admin) are to be viewed with a jaundiced eye anyway....