PDA

View Full Version : And Now Huckabee's Willie Horton

ljb
12-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Well seems the REVEREND Huckabee has his own Willie Horton.

In 1996, as a newly elected governor who had received strong support from the Christian right, Huckabee was under intense pressure from conservative activists to pardon Dumond or commute his sentence. The activists claimed that Dumond's initial imprisonment and various other travails were due to the fact that Ashley Stevens, the high school cheerleader he had raped, was a distant cousin of Bill Clinton, and the daughter of a major Clinton campaign contributor.

Dumond went on to rape and kill a woman in Missouri.
Huckabee denied any knowledge of Dumonds past. However investigation shows he knew full well what Dumond had done.
This Huckabee guy kinda reminds me of Bush with his ability to deny facts.

ljb
12-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh wait a minute, from reliable sources, i just got information that Huckabee had letters from rape victims on his iggy list. And don't be coming back to me with that old cliche about ignorance being no excuse for the law. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Yup, this off-topic place sure is filled to the brim with right-wing thread starters....just dominated with these kinds of folks....

I suppose if that's the myth, I ought to do my part to live up to the fantasy....MAN THE HYPERLINKS! FULL STEAM AHEAD!

GaryG
12-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Yup, this off-topic place sure is filled to the brim with right-wing thread starters....just dominated with these kinds of folks...The left wingers are never happy unless they feel oppressed. Note all of the posts about liberals being unfairly treated here and banned because of their point of view. They have to have an establisment to hate. Underdogs forever!

Tom
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
The Hillary Youth movement.
Po lil me!
The big bad righties are pushing me around!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh

ljb
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
The Hillary Youth movement.
Po lil me!
The big bad righties are pushing me around!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh
Tommy the ostrich,
If you are going to reply to threads you may want to know what you are talking about. What the hell does your reply have to do with this thread ??
Somebody please quote this so the Ostrich can see it. :bang: :bang:

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Tommy the ostrich,
If you are going to reply to threads you may want to know what you are talking about. What the hell does your reply have to do with this thread ??
Somebody please quote this so the Ostrich can see it. :bang: :bang:It's a reference to the myth that off-topic is dominated by right wingers. (But I am going to do my part from now on to change myth into reality).

Get it now?

ljb
12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Yup, this off-topic place sure is filled to the brim with right-wing thread starters....just dominated with these kinds of folks....

I suppose if that's the myth, I ought to do my part to live up to the fantasy....MAN THE HYPERLINKS! FULL STEAM AHEAD!
Nice job of trying to hijack a thread PA. Good thing you are not from the left, the moderator would probably get on you for such actions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Personally I don't see where this topic would fit in any current thread. If you have one available I would be happy to comply with your wishes and post it on said thread.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Nice job of trying to hijack a thread PA. Good thing you are not from the left, the moderator would probably get on you for such actions. :lol: :lol: :lol:Are you saying the 46zilzal way of doing things is wrong? Isn't he part of the poor "downtrodden" group of Democrats who have to endure all that "right wing" domination on off-topic?

Oh, I forgot the emoticons....you guys love these, so I'd best start using more of them....it increases that "domination factor."

:lol: :lol:

ljb
12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
REVEREND Huckabee pardons convicted Rapist who goes on to rape and kill 39 year old woman in Missouri. Under pressure from right wing religious zealots.Nuff Said !!!

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
And I do apologize for hijacking your thread. Now you know how righty feels.

It won't happen again...I think....:lol: :lol: :lol:

JustMissed
12-05-2007, 11:28 AM
REVEREND Huckabee pardons convicted Rapist who goes on to rape and kill 39 year old woman in Missouri. Under pressure from right wing religious zealots.Nuff Said !!!

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a Baptist preacher in the Whitehouse.

JM

Tom
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by ljb
Tommy the ostrich,
Somebody please quote this so the Ostrich can see it.

*Sigh* Is there no escape from your nitful wit?:rolleyes:
But since I have once again been forced to endure your version of discussion, please learn to read and go to post #4. I admit, it is a stretch, but one has to assume the connection of Hillary to liberals is rather obvious.
And not an ostrich - just someone not interested in reading the drivel of the dreggs of the internet. You will notice I dicuss many topics with (a) adults (b) people with some degree of intelligence or (c) others with something interesting or educational to offer. This will make my IGGY list crystal clear.
What in the world would be the upside of reading your posts??????

The fact that you and your master "hiccups" keep addressing me just proves how correct I was in putting you two on it. I have heard more interesting things from cats in heat than you two have to offer.

There. Happy now?
I acknowledged your miserable existence.
Go fetch something.

(Where's that Malox?)

kenwoodallpromos
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Doesn't anyone get it? In order to win elections you have to kiss up to over 50% of the voters? that means you end up doing lousy stuff.
And if you are in the lead running in another election your life will flash before your eyes in the media.
Those are the reasons I vote 3rd party!

ArlJim78
12-05-2007, 02:11 PM
i don't care for Huckabee personally, but this guy was given life plus 20 years for the rape conviction. before he was convicted his house was broken into and he was tied up and castrated. arkansas justice I guess.

I don't pretend to know the facts about why Huckabee was in favor of releasing this guy, but he spent 14 years behind bars which I don't think is considered the lightest sentence in the world for rape.

the person who made the thread appears to not know much about the case. what is the remedy? no more pardons/commutations? i'm okay with that.
or is it tougher sentences for rapists? I guess I could support that as well.

lets not pretend though that this is some rare case of a pardon turning out to be a disaster or the first pardon given under some pressure. Pollyanna doesn't live here.

JustMissed
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
When asked what he hoped to accompolish durning his first 100 days as President, Huckabee said the first thing he would do would be to pass a law prohibiting people from having sex while standing upright.

The news reporter asked him why he would pass such a law.

Huckabee replied " Well someone might see them and think they were dancing."

JM :lol:

p.s. Always take two Baptist fishing with you, if you take just one they will drink up all your beer.

JustRalph
12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Huckabee has done things much more egregious. He raised taxes at every turn in Arkansas. that is enough to keep him in Arkansas

Tom
12-05-2007, 02:40 PM
He is a fraud. He will raise taxes, he will open the borders. The man is a liar and a fraud. You can see it just watching his body language when he confronted Romney in the debate. He is an evil man. And a fool.

ljb
12-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Huckabee on Scarborough this morning.
Clintonditit
Clintondidit
Clintondidit

*** Note to JR
See you have a new avatar, did you get that at a mall in Nebraska ? Or at a gun show ?

ddog
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
go HUCKABOOM

:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2007, 02:13 AM
*** Note to JR
See you have a new avatar, did you get that at a mall in Nebraska ? Or at a gun show ?DOWN WITH AMERIKA!

russowen77
12-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Y,all better watch the Huckster. He got serious about the national thing when he lost all that weight. His real weakness is Janet but I assume that the opposition will wait to roll her out if he is actually a real player.

He is conservative though for the ones of you who care. We have to have a balanced budget by law here and of course he hated that. If he gets president he won't have that to worry about and he can do that deficiet spending thing the conservatives love so much.

Tom
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Looking at bouth side, I see liars, frauds, idiots, and dopes. Nothing more. A disgutingly shallow group of losers all. the only thinkg entertaining this week has been "Nit-Mit" Romney playing a round of "Are you smarter than Anderson Cooper?" He is losing!

America should be ashamed to show the world that THIS group is supposedly our best! At thier best, they could be the 4th or 5th best SNL cast.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown: