PDA

View Full Version : The War on Terror

Tom
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Let's summerize:

Taliban driven from Afghanistan,
Free elections held and a government of the people now elected

Murderous dictator, who twice used poison gas on his neighbors and was financing homacide bombers in Palestine removed from power.
Elected governemtnin place, though still struggling, far better situation than 5 years ago.

Lybia no longer has nuclear capability - the ACTUAL WMD turned over to us.

N. Korea no longer a major nuclear threat

Iran no longer a major nuclear threat

Terror- free USA since 2001.

Numerous planned attacked prevented through dilligent use of water-boarding, with no fatalities or even injuries, and discriminate use of wire tapping where appropriate, with not one US citizen's rights violated.

How was this done?

Limited warfare in the extreme case, negotiations were appropriate, and taking a forceful stance to send a clear message that we will not tolerate terrorism, such as putting the US fleet off the coast of Iran, ground troops on two sides, putting them into the "axis of evil." All this in spite of the message sent out by the desm, as us being weak, beaten, having no way to win, and a willingness to bow down to our enemies.

All in all, a pretty damn well executed startegy with excellent results.

icebak
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]Let's summerize:

Taliban driven from Afghanistan,
Free elections held and a government of the people now elected

Murderous dictator, who twice used poison gas on his neighbors and was financing homacide bombers in Palestine removed from power.
Elected governemtnin place, though still struggling, far better situation than 5 years ago.

Lybia no longer has nuclear capability - the ACTUAL WMD turned over to us.

N. Korea no longer a major nuclear threat

Iran no longer a major nuclear threat

Terror- free USA since 2001.

Numerous planned attacked prevented through dilligent use of water-boarding, with no fatalities or even injuries, and discriminate use of wire tapping where appropriate, with not one US citizen's rights violated.

How was this done?

Limited warfare in the extreme case, negotiations were appropriate, and taking a forceful stance to send a clear message that we will not tolerate terrorism, such as putting the US fleet off the coast of Iran, ground troops on two sides, putting them into the "axis of evil." All this in spite of the message sent out by the desm, as us being weak, beaten, having no way to win, and a willingness to bow down to our enemies.

QUOTE]

All in all, a pretty damn well executed startegy with excellent resultsYeah right, free elections: like the ones here. Too bad a few 10s of thousands had to die to achieve your freedom.

Yeah the murdersous dictator that we financed and supported WHILE he was gassing his own people. Nice.

Libya... yeah we scared him.

Iran and NK "no longer" a nuclear threat? When were they ever?

Terror free since 2001. Hell, Canada has been terror free since 1969.

Yeah, those numerous planned attacks. Yeah, I just stopped one yesterday.

So what happens after the next attack. Gonna paper over your "no attacks since 2001" bumper sticker.

YEah nice strategy. Who cares if a few thousand innocent people have to be tortured and killed. No fatalities? Are u a spokesman for the pentagon. That's rich. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

delayjf
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
YEah nice strategy. Who cares if a few thousand innocent people have to be tortured and killed. No fatalities? Are u a spokesman for the pentagon. That's rich. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.Speaking of which, tell me something. How do you and the rest of the liberal left sleep knowing that your apathy has led to the death of millions. And when it comes to Genocide, you atheists, agnostic, non-Christians are no slouch either. You got some heavy hitters you can be proud of, to include: Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam, Hitler etc.

harnesslover
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Who cares if a few thousand innocent people have to be tortured and killed.

Oh you mean this wasn't happening prior to the war? This is news to me.

OTM Al
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Tom, I'm not going to argue that many of these things are not worthy results, but you simply cannot declare victory yet in any of them. (okay maybe Libya...)
1.Taliban driven from Afghanistan,Free elections held and a government of the people now elected

Unfortunately the Taliban is still active and much of Afghanistan is now run by drug lords who's product is showing up on the streets in the US in the form of heroin. bin Laden is still running around here, or at least in the neighborhood. This was the fight we should have spent our energies on but for some reason we did not. Its barely even discussed anymore. I guess if we ignore it long enough it might go away.....

2.Murderous dictator, who twice used poison gas on his neighbors and was financing homacide bombers in Palestine removed from power.

Better than 5 years ago but no where near what they were 30 years ago. This place is going to be unstable for a very long time. Hopefully it did not provide as a training ground for the next generation of terrorist

3. Libya no longer has nuclear capability - the ACTUAL WMD turned over to us.

Reagan's straw man brought to heel. These guys had the bomb? I guess if you say so, though I can't believe they had anything more than basic materials if anything

4. N. Korea no longer a major nuclear threat

They will be back. They managed to con the west into feeding them while they poured all into a bomb program. Who really knows what they really had. The leader is the one bona fide nut job leading a country in this world and considering the size of the standing army, this is a real problem. This is the most dangerous person in the world right now, other than Putin and Bush

5. Iran no longer a major nuclear threat

Don't worry, they'll get one eventually though this is a nation that may be very volitile in the near future. Very educated people there and many do not care for a religiously oriented government.

6. Terror- free USA since 2001.

No, we've just been free of attack. That does count for a lot. When I don't have to take my shoes off to board a plane I'll know we are terror free.

7.Numerous planned attacked prevented through dilligent use of water-boarding, with no fatalities or even injuries, and discriminate use of wire tapping where appropriate, with not one US citizen's rights violated.

Um, I wouldn't believe this. I think we've actually killed a couple of our own people when demonstrating this atrocity. I'm sorry, but the employing of such things makes us no better morally than the terrorist and torture gets very little truth and a whole lot of what the victim thinks the interogator wants to hear.

Honestly, I think the biggest result of this so called war on terror has had is one that no one seems to claim. It has essentially brought an end to the terrorism associated with the IRA and the protestant opposition (can't remember the name of the group off the top of my head) Yes, talks had already been underway, but there was no way bombings were going to continue after that.

The Judge
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Hitler was one of yours he love the lord savior he was just a little weak on the 10 commandments.

The 10 commandments now theres a good one. You want them posted everywhere including the Court House; posted everywhere, followed nowhere. Then point the finger at other religions. How Phony climb down off that soap box nobodys buying it.

We've seen your men on T.V denouncing sin then in the next breath saying we need a few million bucks if not the "Lord is going to take me home". Damning prosititutes in church Sunday and taking the churches money to the prosititutes on Monday. I know they weren't "real" Christians.

Here is some people with a different point of view http://www.raptureready.com/rr-hypocrite.html http://www.christianpost.com/article/20071019/29769_Oral_Roberts_President_Takes_Leave_Amid_Alle gations.htm. Boxcar should be along shortly.

Show Me the Wire
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Hitler was one of yours he love the lord savior he was just a little weak on the 10 commandments.

The 10 commandments now theres a good one. You want them posted everywhere including the Court House; posted everywhere, followed nowhere. Then point the finger at other religions. How Phony climb down off that soap box nobodys buying it.

We've seen your men on T.V denouncing sin then in the next saying we need a few million bucks if not the "Lord is going to take me home". Damning prosititutes in church Sunday and taking the churches money to the prosititutes on Monday. I know they weren't "real" Christians. Here is a Christian with a somewhat different point of view http://www.raptureready.com/rr-hypocrite.html http://www.christianpost.com/article/20071019/29769_Oral_Roberts_President_Takes_Leave_Amid_Alle gations.htm

No he was raised in a Catholic family, but he embraced the occult and the perceived mystical powers of religious artifacts.

FYI, Christ, while he was on earth, did not damn the sinners, but offered them mercy. This is the path a true believer takes.

The Judge
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats not going cut it he was one of yours. http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/john_murphy/religionofhitler.html
http://ffrf.org/fttoday/back/hitler.html. http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerQuotesGodReligion.htm. http://enlightened-observer.blogspot.com/2007/06/hitlers-religion.html

What are trying to do re-write history you are too slow Karl Rove already has that job.

Show Me the Wire
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
you don't have to be sorry because you are wrong. Hitler persecuted Catholic priests and put them in concentration camps. Not very Catholic behavior. Maybe he was never excommunicated for the protection of many innocent lives.

You are right he was raised as a Roman Catholic, but as an adult he did not practice catholicism, but occultism and spiritualism.

The Judge
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
once again everybody else is WRONG.

I assume you saw the "quotes" from his own mouth in the sites.

skate
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
i think hes (judge) is talking about billy clinton.

Tom
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I think he is posting from some Happy Hour somewhere.:D

Hope my IGGY can hold another - this guys hasn't made any sense in weeks.
Frankly, he just stole another three minutes of my life with his ramblings.

Sorry

Do you have any clue as to what we are talking aobut? Do the words ON TOPIC have any meaning to you?

The Judge
12-05-2007, 09:43 AM
It was my reply to this statement by delayjf "And when it comes to Genocide, you atheists, agnostic,non-Christians are no slouch either. You got some heavy hitters you can be proud of, to include: Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam, Hitler etc."

He brought up Hilter not Me, then Show Me The Wire brought up that Hitler wasn't a Christian and I reply to that. He also implies that anyone that doesen't agree with him is an atheist or agnostic. That's not very Christian is it.

The point being that "let he who be without sin cast the first stone." "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." "When you point a finger at someone 3 are pointing back at you." When you introduce religion into the discussion as delyf did then you must exspect someone to point out the short coming those that practice your religion as I did.

So whats not on point? Hope you can understand this reply.

rastajenk
12-05-2007, 10:18 AM
"Judge not, lest ye be judged even more silly."

GaryG
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Hitler was one of yours he love the lord savior he was just a little weak on the 10 commandments.This is an incredible post. Keep em comin Judge! :lol: :lol: :lol: