PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor and ESPN

harnesslover
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
It's unfortunate that such a young, talented man had his life cut so short.. A total waste and its a tragedy..

With that being said, did Taylor save babies from a burning building that I missed?

ESPN is making this out to be a little ridiculous.. I am sorry, but a sports icon did not die, a legend didn't pass away.. A 24 year old was shot in a apparent burglary.. Unfortunate, yes.. Unexpected? hmmm..

I dont mean to sound heartless, but this ESPN coverage is getting sickening. This kid was headed on a path all too familiar with young, rich black athletes.. Beats a man with a pistol, assault arrests, pointing a gun at a person over an ATV, DUI, drugs..

Sad, yes.. Unfortunate, yes. Senseless, yes.. Shocking? no.

Ron
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Should they go back to talking about Barry Bonds or Michael Vick?

RaceBookJoe
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
CNN did a really good job last night on the story. Sean Taylor was a legend in the making though. It might be a long time until we see someone like him again. A safety who was 6'2" 220lbs with the speed of a cornerback who scared most wr's in the league. Very unfortunate, not totally surprising , but I think the stories on both networks deserve the coverage. Just imagine how much coverage ESPN would have given the shooting death of Tony Romo given their huge mancrush on him.

harnesslover
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Should they go back to talking about Barry Bonds or Michael Vick?

You have a good point.. I think ESPN is such a fraud. The make heroes of thugs, then bury them when they are not liked by the public.

I can barely stomach ESPN anymore.

Robert Goren
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
So many networks, so few athletes.

JustRalph
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
So many networks, so few athletes.

:lol: :lol: Line of the month!!

I lost all respect for the reverence being shown when I saw O.J. Simpson enter the service. Then Jesse Jackson sits with the family during the service.

Dahoss9698
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
It's unfortunate that such a young, talented man had his life cut so short.. A total waste and its a tragedy..

With that being said, did Taylor save babies from a burning building that I missed?

ESPN is making this out to be a little ridiculous.. I am sorry, but a sports icon did not die, a legend didn't pass away.. A 24 year old was shot in a apparent burglary.. Unfortunate, yes.. Unexpected? hmmm..

I dont mean to sound heartless, but this ESPN coverage is getting sickening. This kid was headed on a path all too familiar with young, rich black athletes.. Beats a man with a pistol, assault arrests, pointing a gun at a person over an ATV, DUI, drugs..

Sad, yes.. Unfortunate, yes. Senseless, yes.. Shocking? no.

I agree and was discussing it with some co-workers today. It's ridiculous. It's unfortunate what ESPN has become.