PDA

View Full Version : Fox SPorts Pittsburgh

Dave Schwartz
01-16-2003, 11:55 PM
I got a solicitation tonight for the Fox Sports satellite stations. The guy said I could get "lots of live racing." I think he is all wet. Does anybody have experience with these guys?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: He also insisted I could get it in Nevada; something else I doubt.

BillW
01-17-2003, 01:30 AM
Dave,

FSP carries 3 hour slots of HRTV 2 to 3 times a week in the 1:00 - 4:00 EST time slot (not "a lot" by your definition :)) They have carried various incarnations of what has ended up as HRTV for at least 6 or 7 years now. This started out as Ladbrokes then evolved to Meadows racing network and now Magna.

You can get a "Fox sports package" on Dish network for (I believe) $4.99/Mo. I've got it but forget the incremental cost. That covers all the Fox regional sports channels (except Fox West II), about 25 or so.

There have been other threads on the board mentioning this. Try a search for Fox sports.

Bill

PS: Fox sports West and Fox New York carry simulcast of TVG for a few hours a week also, but Dish Network has TVG full time so this is a moot point.

Dave Schwartz
01-17-2003, 01:56 AM
Nill,

That is kind of what I thought.

BTW, I tried to do a search for "Fox Sports" and it told me I could not use any words that had less than 4 letters. <G>

Thanks for your input.

Dave

Tee
01-17-2003, 03:38 AM
Dave,

The thread you are looking for that discusses Fox Sports is,

Magna TV Channel.

General Racing Discussion.

Dave Schwartz
01-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Tee,

Thanks.

Dave

MikeDee
01-17-2003, 07:34 AM
I am a digital subscriber on my cable network. There are 3 digital fox sports network channels that are available to digital subscribers. They refer to these as fox Atlantic, fox Midwest, and fox Pacific

Many of the shows on these channels is programs that are on the regional fox sports channels. Most of the stuff on these channels are just time fillers. For a while they were carrying a couple of hours of TVG on the pacific channel but only races at SA, DMR or HOL.

The Atlantic channel was carrying a couple of hours of fox Pittsburgh during the week for a while, but this disappeared during the football season as all three channels were saturated endless reruns of minor college football games during the week along with reruns of coaches post game shows.

One would think that during the week when there are no minor college women’s junior varsity softball games to broadcast they could show a little live horseracing. But it hasn't been the case so far.

With all the digital channels that are available and 95% of all the shows on digital channels filled with mindless, boring, crap, surely there is some space for some live horseracing.