PDA

View Full Version : Can I sell handicapping software I no longer use on Ebay?

danddiver
12-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I've got a few programs and books I've purchased over the years and I want to have an Ebay garage sale.
Just want to be sure I'm not breaking any laws.
Thanks,
Dan

Tom Barrister
12-02-2007, 10:08 AM
As long as you're selling the original book, manuscript, and/or software, it's legal (barring the unlikely event that you made a pre-purchase agreement not to sell it). If you're selling copies, it's not legal--that's pirating.

danddiver
12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I appreciate the answer.
Dan

Dave Schwartz
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Also depends upon your license agreement with the software vendor.

Dr Win
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Can I sell my ALLWAYS software I purchased years ago, for big backs still got receipt. :lol: :lol:

equicom
12-03-2007, 07:31 AM
You would have to make sure you didn't keep any traces of it lying around on your own computer (and it is nice, by the way, to notice that you actually care about doing the right thing!), and sell all the material with it on the original media.

One thing to keep in mind though... any prospective purchaser is going to wonder why you would be selling secondhand betting software (because the natural assumption is that it doesn't work, or you would be keeping it). Make sure you address that question in your ad!

Something like:

1. I found a better system and now I am using that
2. It was too hard for me, but you may have better luck with it
3. My wife said it was her or the computer... well, I must admit it was a hard decision, but then I figured the computer can't cook, can't wash the dishes, won't bring me a beer when I'm watching the football...

Last one is a joke, so feminists, please don't e-mail me complaining! :cool:

dutchboy
12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
ALLWAYS software is now free from Brisnet. It has been updated several times so I doubt if you could ever sell it unless you found someone who was not aware it is now free. As most people on this board knows you have to use a data file from Bris at a cost of 14.00 per track per day. So "free" will cost you a lot of money. Maybe that is why the owner drives a very nice Mercedes.

Didn't the Allways program come with a toggle so it could not be transferred from one pc to another?

Can I sell my ALLWAYS software I purchased years ago, for big backs still got receipt. :lol: :lol:

Vigors
12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
............................Yes !

However, they called it a " Dongle " !

Would you care to purchase mine ??

Feel free to pick any 2 reason's in above post.