PDA

View Full Version : Beulah Park Contest

rrpic6
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
6 spots up for grab to the DRF/NTRA NHC in Jan. 2008. December 8th at Beulah Park. Entry fee is $175. I'll be there..is anyone here going?
RR

PIC6SIX
12-15-2007, 11:28 AM
What was your contest plan of attack and your overall contest rating (food, prize money, customer relations, $ etc) and any luck qualifying ?

GaryG
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Give the twins each a big hug for me....:eek:

rrpic6
12-15-2007, 01:38 PM
What was your contest plan of attack and your overall contest rating (food, prize money, customer relations, $ etc) and any luck qualifying ?

My plan was to concentrate on the Beulah races...looking for sleepers with back class or back speed..along with mud speed...and possibly a bias that existed the day before...winners were those that got the lead at the top of the stretch. However, all that changed, as Beulah cancelled its live racing at post time of its 1st race. I then decided to enjoy the rest of the day and not expect too much from myself. The food and service was great and I was happy to cheer on some of my local guys, as I had no luck bringing home bombs... 3 races in a row I had a 40-1, a 25-1 and a 20-1 in the lead in mid-strecth...all came in 4th or worse. One buddy did quite well in his 1st contest...ending up about 30th..another qualified in his 1st ever try! Maybe I'll tag along with him!
RR

rrpic6
12-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Give the twins each a big hug for me....:eek:

Sorry..my arms are not that long. They seemed to have a good time...especially when the Beulah races got cancelled..work for the day was over..and it then became Buffet Time! No leftovers for us travellers.

RR

harleyjoe13
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Flew out from Florida, VERY disappointing