PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines

harnesslover
11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone consistently fly with them? I have to say, I am amazed at how efficient they are and am generally amazed at how they run their business.

I have flown USAir every flight this year and not ONE, not ONE flight landed within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time. The arrival times ranged from 22 minutes late (WOOHOO) to my all time worst of 3:40 late (fog in Philly, so I will give them a mild pass on that one).. All and all, 22 USair flights this year, zero on time.

I decided to start flying Southwest and the last 2 trips on time all 4 segments. Not to mention the pleasant flight attendants and swift, smooth boarding process. (And I am sure my company appreciates the ticket prices too)

Here's a big F U to USair..

boomman
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone consistently fly with them? I have to say, I am amazed at how efficient they are and am generally amazed at how they run their business.

I have flown USAir every flight this year and not ONE, not ONE flight landed within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time. The arrival times ranged from 22 minutes late (WOOHOO) to my all time worst of 3:40 late (fog in Philly, so I will give them a mild pass on that one).. All and all, 22 USair flights this year, zero on time.

I decided to start flying Southwest and the last 2 trips on time all 4 segments. Not to mention the pleasant flight attendants and swift, smooth boarding process. (And I am sure my company appreciates the ticket prices too)

Here's a big F U to USair..

Their 10-20 minute turnarounds on flights was revolutionary when introduced in the business (not to mention their no reserved seat system that saves the company 10's of millions of dollars annually that is returned to customers via discounted air travel), and they also force all the other airlines to lower their fares to be able to compete.....I have been a rapid rewards member since the program was introduced many years ago, and have flown Southwest all the way back to when they were Texas International back in the 70's!:) Top notch, profitable airline!:ThmbUp:

Boomer