PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie Lines

bigmack
11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I recently played golf with John Byner & Bob Einstein (Super Dave O, brother of Albert Brooks)

Byner is one funny cat & once did a knock out impression of Jimmy Cagney.

John became good friends with Cagney and recanted stories of spending time with him. Great stuff.

I can think of no better line from a film than from the '49 offering, White Heat, when Cagney barked:

"Top of the world, Ma! Top of the world!"

Greyfox
11-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Lauren Bacall turns the heat on at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2K62fTXIs

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Butch Cassidy to the Sun dance Kid; "Kid I have vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals!"

betsall
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I recently played golf with John Byner & Bob Einstein (Super Dave O, brother of Albert Brooks)

John became good friends with Cagney and recanted stories of spending time with him. Great stuff.

I can think of no better line from a film than from the '49 offering, White Heat, when Cagney barked:

I said Gophers, kill the gophers, not the golfers.......Caddy Shack

OTM Al
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Casablanca has more lines per scene than any movie ever made, but my favorite is one of the more obscure....Rick in all his venom and pain as Ilse speaks of Paris the day the Nazis arrived and he lost her.

"I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue."

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Casablanca has more lines per scene than any movie ever made, but my favorite is one of the more obscure....Rick in all his venom and pain as Ilse speaks of Paris the day the Nazis arrived and he lost her.

"I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue."
One of the best movies ever made.

Sometime you should watch "Pursuit to Algiers." Essentially the same cast, about 18 months later, about a variation on the idea of Papillon.

The only movie I have ever seen that has flashback inside a flashback so you have to watch carefully. Anti-German propaganda to the hilt.

bigmack
11-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Casablanca has more lines per scene than any movie ever made,
Gd pt, Al.

Rick: I congratulate you.
Victor Laszlo: What for?
Rick: Your work.
Victor Laszlo: I try.
Rick: We all try. You succeed.

boomman
11-30-2007, 12:28 AM
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"!!!:)

Boomer

JustRalph
11-30-2007, 02:16 AM
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"

"Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!"

The Judge
11-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Baadges! Baaadges!!! I don't got to show you no stiking Badges.

spilparc
11-30-2007, 03:46 AM
What are you doing . . . Dave?

Tom
11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
"I can't swim."
"Why you dumb son of a bitch...the FALL will proably kill us!"

Tom
11-30-2007, 07:32 AM
"Bank robbery, rape, assault, rape, cattle rustling..."
"You already said rape once."
"I liked rape."

harnesslover
11-30-2007, 09:01 AM
"You gotta get busy living or get busy dying"

Wiley
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
"You gotta get busy living or get busy dying"
"The world went and got itself into a big damn hurry"
Great buddy movie.

Greyfox
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch."
W. C. Fields in 1938 movie "You Can't Cheat an Honest Man."

OTM Al
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Another film with great lines was Duck Soup....

Rufus T. Firefly: Married. I can see you right now in the kitchen, bending over a hot stove. But I can't see the stove.

GaryG
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Why Johnny Ringo....you look like somebody just walked over your grave.

46zilzal
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
"I'll have what shes' having"

When Harry Met Sally

Humph
11-30-2007, 12:29 PM
He's fat, you're thin, and you're both f?cking ugly.

The Full Monty.

Greyfox
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM

When Harry Met Sally

:lol: Good one 46 Zil. The woman who said that line was Rob Reiner's mother.
Rob Reiner directed the pic.
She was playing the part of a patron in a restaurant.
Meg Ryan, another customer, was.....having.....a fake....err....a fake O,
right in the restaurant while Billy Crystal looks on.

Greyfox
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
The "I'll have what she's having." line is available for viewing at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bsf2x-aeE

xtb
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
"A man's got to know his limitations."

xtb
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
FRENCH GUARD: I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
GALAHAD: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
This is the $50 Window. The $5 Window is over there.

46zilzal
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
This was not a movie line per se but involved a movie star. Annette Funicello was accosted by a fan who became carried away about her having WINE with her dinner. She was dining with her husband and this fan was going on and on about her "image," even though this was many years after her Mouseketeer days.

Fed up, she opened her wallet to show the annoying fan a picture of her with her husband and family then quipped : "Yes, I have children, so guess what else I do?"

Priceless

ArlJim78
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
okay its several lines but memorable ones, Marlon Brando plaing Terry Malloy talking to Rod Stieger playing his brother Charley;

Terry:It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.
Charley: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
Terry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/): You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley

bigmack
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
When Harry Met Sally
Albert Brooks was first offered the lead in that film but turned it down because he thought the script was too "Woody Allenish"

Tom - There are good ones in BSaddles:
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

(Sounds like the gang in off-topic)

Steve 'StatMan'
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I may not have this exact, but in the detective spoof 'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid', Rachel Ward's character says to Steve Martin's character, "...just call me. You know to make a phone call don't you. Just stick your finger in the little hole and make small circles." :lol:

Tom
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Dirty Harry....."Go ahead...make my day."

Ah-nold - "To be or not to be." (BOOOOOM!)

"Not to be."

Ah-nold in another, after jumping out of an airplane without a parachute and landing on a car in a junkyard, to two kids there:

"Where am I?"
"Earth."

toetoe
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Lady INSIDE the gates of the insane asylum, to Alan Bates' character as he heads back to his war unit:

"Don't go, dear. There are crazy people out there !" :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: At youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9LaUP5au9U

ArlJim78
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Albert Brooks was first offered the lead in that film but turned it down because he thought the script was too "Woody Allenish"

Tom - There are good ones in BSaddles:
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

(Sounds like the gang in off-topic)

The off-topic roll call.:lol:

BlueShoe
11-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Concur that Casablanca has more great lines than perhaps any film ever made.Could quote at least a dozen and still not be done.Two more of my favorites from other films----
"Frankly my dear I dont give a damn" Clark Gable,Gone With The Wind.
"What we have here is failure to communicate",Strother Martin,Cool Hand Luke.

46zilzal
11-30-2007, 06:22 PM
"What we have here is failure to communicate",Strother Martin,Cool Hand Luke.
To finish "Now I can be a nice guy or one mean sumbitch, the choice is up to you."

Bubba X
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
They F*** You At The Drive-Thru.

Bubba X
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
My father was killed in the coal mine. So, he was already buried when he died.

- Eastern Promises

46zilzal
11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Srother Martin just had a way with dialog, remembering him talking to Paul Newman about an interesting player he had coached in the movie Slap Shot and his "onomatopoeiac " way of describing his penalty box escapades.

GaryG
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh no...I killed the bastard!

Robin Williams in Mrs Doubtfire

dutchboy
11-30-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.filmsite.org/moments02.html

Link is for common misquoted lines from movies. A few are from Casablanca.

Binder
11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Rocky trailer (http://www.paceandcap.com/websitepictures/Rocky%20Trailer_56k.asx)

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood. -ROCKY

DJofSD
11-30-2007, 09:32 PM
"Wait a minute, I didn't do nothin'."
"Well, you should have!"

"Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation."

The Undefeated with John Wayne and Rock Hudson.

DJofSD
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
"It's good to be the king."

Mel Brookes in "History of the World, Part I."

banacek
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM

Actually "adapted" from an episode of Banacek, but I love Eastwood, so no sweat.

riskman
12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
"Show me the money"

"You had me at "hello."

JERRY MAGUIRE

Zaf
12-01-2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUR-OdR3egU

Z

Secretariat
12-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Got to be Cool Hand Luke. Especially when Strother Martin, the Captain, says it to Newman.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_we've_got_here_is_failure_to_communicate

lilmegahertz
12-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I coulda been a contenda. I coulda been somebody.

46zilzal
12-01-2007, 09:13 PM
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

The Judge
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
You just killed an unarmed man! "Well he should have armed himself "

chickenhead
12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
You know, Elder, I'd hate to get married with one of my brothers smellin' bad enough to gag a dog off a gut wagon.

and

All I want is to enter my house justified.

Tom
12-01-2007, 11:54 PM
"Did you like you father?"
" My father was a drunk, a gambler, and a womanizer. I idolized him."

spicytomato
12-02-2007, 12:20 AM

found this a little late but mine is from one of the superman movies

when the humans talk to zod and he calmly says

"why do you say this to me , when you know i will kill you for it""

cuz dang dont you feel like that sometimes for real????

eastie
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM
"Bounty hunter ?"
man's gotta do something for a living....
"dyin ain't much of a livin boy ! "

"are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie ?"

OTM Al
12-02-2007, 08:20 AM
to continue with one of my favorite movies....

"Get ready little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast."

Bobzilla
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
"Wait, you forgot your fortune cookie..... It says here you're sh?t out of luck"

So says Dirty Harry just before blowing away some lowlife punk in a Chinese restaurant. The Dirty HArry series is rich with great lines..... When HArry's girlfriend happens upon a few steet punks while stopped in her car, she ask them..... "Would You boyz like a lift...... Then stick a jack up your a$$ ! "

DJofSD
12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
"Personel is for *ssholes."

Tom
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Opening line of the Kentucky Fried Movie:

"The popcorn you are eating has been pissed in.
Film at Eleven!"

Lefty
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
You should make a bet every day cause you may be walkin around lucky and not even know it.
Let It Ride

Tom
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
"Surely you aren't serious?"
"Yes. I am. And stop calling me Shirley."

Airport

Lefty
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
"Cigarette?"
"Yes, that's a cigarette"
Any of the Naked Guns and the tv show from whence they came.
Police Squad

BetHorses!
12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Michael: Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did.
[Carlo starts sobbing]
Michael: Get him a drink. Don't be afraid, Carlo. Come on, you think I'd make my sister a widow? I'm Godfather to your son.
[Carlo get handed a drink]
Michael: Go ahead. Drink. Drink. No, you're out of the family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas. Tom?
[Tom hands Michael an airplane ticket]
Michael: I want you to stay there, you understand?
[Carlo nods]
Michael: Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry. Now, who approached you first? Barzini or Tattalgia?
Carlo Rizzi: It was Barzini.
Michael: Good. There's a car outside that will take you to the airport. I'll call your wife and tell her what flight you're on.
Carlo Rizzi: Listen, Mike...
Michael: Go on. Get out of my sight.

BetHorses!
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Satan's Messengers: You got some brews down here. Nice cold ones. Get us some nice cold brews, come on. Two over here, huh? One more here, one more.
[Sonny takes Calogero outside and talks to him]
Satan's Messengers: Alright, brothers. If I may. A toast to our host.
[They all salute]
Satan's Messengers: [as they shake their drinks and spray them all over the bar] In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost!
[Sonny gets angered by this and confronts them again]
Tony Toupee: Look at all the sh-t all over me.
[the bikers curse at him]
Sonny: Hey!
Satan's Messengers: Oh, you again.
Sonny: That wasn't very nice. Now youse gotta leave.
Satan's Messengers: I'll tell you when the f--k we leave alright. Get the f--k away from me.
Satan's Messengers: [the bikers laugh at Sonny as he walks to the door] Go watch the bikes eh!
[Sonny locks the front door. All the bikers look and curse at him]
Sonny: Now youse can't leave.
Calogero 'C' Anello: [narrating] "I will never forget the look on their faces. All eight of them. Their faces dropped. All their courage and strength was drained right from their bodies. They had reputation for breaking up bars, but they knew that instant, they'd made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar."

harnesslover
12-02-2007, 10:39 PM
"Baseball's hard. You can love it but, believe me, it don't always love you back. It's kinda like dating a German chick."

Garo: [holding two cans of pesticide] Hey Coach, what's carcinogen mean?
Buttermaker: (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000671/) Liberal propaganda. Don't worry about it. It's just bullshit.

46zilzal
12-02-2007, 10:55 PM
After watching that tepid, disappointing remake of the classic King Kong (more cartoon than movie), I was reminded:

"Well Denham, the airplanes got him. No, it was beauty killed the beast."

46zilzal
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Butch Cassidy: "I have vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals."

or
TED STRIKER (Robert Hays): "Surely you can't be serious."
DR. RUMACK (Leslie Nielsen): "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley." Airplane!

or (Bette Davis): "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." CABIN IN THE COTTON, 1932

or
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Dr. Strangelove.

Greyfox
12-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Butch Cassidy: "I have vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals."

"Who are those guys?"

added money
12-03-2007, 02:41 PM
A few years ago the American Film Institute polled it's membership for the best/ most memorable/ most used (or whatever) movie quotes of the last 100 years.

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx

eastie
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
"Who are those guys?"

"ya think ya used enough dynamite there Butch?"

BlueShoe
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
"That'll be the day"John Wayne,The Searchers.

The Hawk
12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
From what I think is the best pure gambling movie ever made (also because of the obvious parallels with playing horses):

Bert Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked... really hooked. But you let him off.
Fast Eddie: I told you I got drunk.
Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.

Fast Eddie: You know, like anything can be great, anything can be great. I don't care, BRICKLAYING can be great, if a guy knows. If he knows what he's doing and why and if he can make it come off. When I'm goin', I mean, when I'm REALLY goin' I feel like a... like a jockey must feel. He's sittin' on his horse, he's got all that speed and that power underneath him... he's comin' into the stretch, the pressure's on 'im, and he KNOWS... just feels... when to let it go and how much. Cause he's got everything workin' for 'im: timing, touch. It's a great feeling, boy, it's a real great feeling when you're right and you KNOW you're right. It's like all of a sudden I got oil in my arm. The pool cue's part of me. You know, it's uh - pool cue, it's got nerves in it. It's a piece of wood, it's got nerves in it. Feel the roll of those balls, you don't have to look, you just KNOW. You make shots that nobody's ever made before. I can play that game the way... NOBODY'S ever played it before.

Fast Eddie: I'm shooting pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot.

eastie
12-04-2007, 02:01 AM
"I don't rattle"......fast Eddie Felson

FUGITIVE77
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
From what I think is the best pure gambling movie ever made (also because of the obvious parallels with playing horses):

Bert Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked... really hooked. But you let him off.
Fast Eddie: I told you I got drunk.
Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.

Fast Eddie: You know, like anything can be great, anything can be great. I don't care, BRICKLAYING can be great, if a guy knows. If he knows what he's doing and why and if he can make it come off. When I'm goin', I mean, when I'm REALLY goin' I feel like a... like a jockey must feel. He's sittin' on his horse, he's got all that speed and that power underneath him... he's comin' into the stretch, the pressure's on 'im, and he KNOWS... just feels... when to let it go and how much. Cause he's got everything workin' for 'im: timing, touch. It's a great feeling, boy, it's a real great feeling when you're right and you KNOW you're right. It's like all of a sudden I got oil in my arm. The pool cue's part of me. You know, it's uh - pool cue, it's got nerves in it. It's a piece of wood, it's got nerves in it. Feel the roll of those balls, you don't have to look, you just KNOW. You make shots that nobody's ever made before. I can play that game the way... NOBODY'S ever played it before.

Fast Eddie: I'm shooting pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot.

Second motion for the "Hustler" the whole movie is filled with great lines. Everytime I walk into Hawthorne I think of that movie and "Church of the Good Hustler". I'ts simply my Citizen Kane.

Dan Montilion
12-31-2007, 03:57 AM
Juuussst a bit outside.

Ball four, ball eight.

He leads the league in nose hairs, when he sneezes he looks like a party favor.

Where did you play college ball?
California penal.

andicap
12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
For the more obscure films could people post the titles?

More from Major League:

"Willie Mays Hayes. Hit likes Mays. Runs like Hayes."

(I love that because at that time maybe ot everyone remembered when Bob Hayes was the world's fastest man -- and a WR for the Cowboys)

I like the lines that are sort of throwaways but to me are the real meat of scripts.
In Major League, the Tom Berenger character to Corbin Benson:

"I don't have much of a portfolio right now."

Bob Uecker talking to his color man in the booth;

"You have anything more to add to that?"
"No."
"That's why he's the best color man in the business!"

And when the GM calls about the managerial job,

"I got a guy on the other line about about some whitewalls. I'll call you back later."

for the entire script of Major League -- a shooting draft --
http://www.weeklyscript.com/Major%20League.txt

Greyfox
12-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Any James Bond film.

eg.
Bond: What can I bring you back from Holland?
Moneypenny: A diamond... in a ring.
Bond: Would you settle for a tulip?
(drives off)
Moneypenny: (calls after him) YES!

eg.
Bond: I tend to notice little things like that--whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
Tiffany: And which do you prefer?
Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...(shrugs)

Lefty
12-31-2007, 11:34 AM
My absolute favorite lines:
Spectre has Bond, the guy with the cat.
Bond: "You want me to talk?"

Spectre guy: "No Mr Bond, I want you to die."

BombsAway Bob
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
"The Peasants Are Revolting!"
"You Said it, THEY STINK ON ICE!"
~H.O.T.W.,Part 1

toetoe
12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Fellas,

Do me (and yourselves) a favor. Read all the Walter Tevis stuff you can find.

Off the top of my anvil, here are some of his books:

The Hustler
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Queen's Gambit
Mockingbird
The Color of Money. (NO, I repeat, NO Tom Cruise character in the book. That was fabricated ex post facto by the geniuses in Hollywood. :faint: )

Dan Montilion
12-31-2007, 01:53 PM
WARNING... Personal opinion to follow.

The best Bond movie line is when somebody wakes me up and says "its over".

magwell
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
"You gotta get busy living or get busy dying" "I dont mind dying I just dont want to be there when it happens" Woody

chickenhead
12-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id...” "id...” "ids...”
Man With No Name: [taking the note] "Idiots". It's for you.

46zilzal
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
From the Untouchables.

Connery: "Just like a W.O.P. Brings a knife to a gun fight."

eastie
12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id...” "id...” "ids...”
Man With No Name: [taking the note] "Idiots". It's for you.

Tuco : "what was it you said???? oh yes....If you save your breath, I feel a man like you could manage it "

Another gem from Tuco.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

DanG
01-02-2008, 10:47 AM
“Leave the gun, take the cannolis” ~ Peter Clemenza (GF-1)
http://www.themediadrome.com/Images/movies/godfather_castellano.gif

chickenhead
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Tuco : "what was it you said???? oh yes....If you save your breath, I feel a man like you could manage it "

Another gem from Tuco.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

my other fav tucoism

"One bastard goes in, another bastard comes out.."

(hey Dan, welcome back!)

banacek
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
“Leave the gun, take the cannolis” ~ Peter Clemenza (GF-1)
http://www.themediadrome.com/Images/movies/godfather_castellano.gif

Great one. Nice to see you back, Dan! I've missed your posts.

Bubbles
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum." - Roddy Piper, "They Live"

"What's your name?"
"Jacob McCandles."
"I thought you were dead!"
"Not hardly." - Exchange that occurs a few times in "Big Jake"

GaryG
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Glad to see you back. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
great day to be a Trojan.

GaryG
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Eat your heart out zilly....<Conquest playing in the background> :lol: :lol: :lol:

46zilzal
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Eat your heart out zilly....

You could actually afford that tuition? or do we have another fair weather fan?

DanG
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Chick, Gary, Banecek…

Self imposed sabbatical after the La Brea tar pits version of our Breeders Cup. I think it will become a yearly tradition. The plus is all the good material to catch up on reading.

I was shocked however to find out that 46Zilzal joined the John Birch Society while I was away. :)

http://www.scottaerator.com/images/shocked.jpg

46zilzal
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=DanG]

I was shocked however to find out that 46Zilzal joined the John Birch Society while I was away.

I am afraid that given NO toilet paper, I would use almost anything else than have to touch something a Bircher had breathed upon.

GaryG
01-02-2008, 04:22 PM
You could actually afford that tuition? or do we have another fair weather fan?Now you have something else to be bitter about.....I love it to death! Fight On for old SC zilly....

OTM Al
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Here are some good ones. Even funnier because they are NOT from Airplane! but rather the movie it was primarily spoofing

Treleaven: I guess I picked the wrong week to give up smoking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Baird: Our survival hinges on one thing - finding someone who not only can fly this plane, but didn't have fish for dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capt. Bill Wilson, Pilot: Come on, move up here, you can see better.
Capt. Bill Wilson, Pilot: Joey, here's something we give our special visitors. Would you like to have it?
Joey Stryker: Thank you! Thanks a lot?
Capt. Bill Wilson, Pilot: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey Stryker: No, sir! I've never been up in a plane before!

The movie was from 1957 and called Zero Hour! (yes, the "!" was part of the title) You've probably never seen it, but if you've seen Airplane! you know most the lines. One of the more unintentionally funny funny movies I've seen in some time.....Watch them back to back some time. Another great combo to watch together is Blazing Saddles and Destry Rides Again, one of the more bizarre westerns I've seen

BlueShoe
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Quote"I was shocked however,to find out that 46zilzal joined the John Birch Sociery while I was away".So just what is wrong with the JBS?Many of the things that they have been saying for decades are well documented,and sorry to say,their forecasts are becoming a reality.For the recond,I am not,and never have been a member.That said,much of their doctrine I find quite enlightening.