PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires poor interface replacement for Brisbet

point given
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
The Brisbet ADW interface was very user friendly to me. I really didnot mind the green screen, because i could easily read the numbers without sqinting. Dark background and large,light color print/numbers. = easy to read. BUT twinspires changed it around with a light background with black numbers. much harder to see for long periods of time to me, so a decided negative. The screen also is too busy with too much crap. Keeping it simple and functional apparently is not very important for them. However, it is important for the customer !
Also, i noticed that there are no longer will pay tabs for the p3 and p4 under the Exotics tab: only an exacta matrix. I use that p3/4 information and now i don't have it. I donot watch the video to see it on screen like i have to do live at the track, because i may be playing other tracks too online, which i donot do when i am live at the track. A definite minus here. My guess is that they will add it back, but wanted to get the site changed for the opening of the Fairgrounds meet, then tweak it up for the gulfstream and santa anita meets. They should have got it right before they put it up though to me. Just another indication of the poor customer service decision by a company that does not value its customers and servicing them. BS !!!

rrpic6
11-29-2007, 08:20 PM
The WILL PAYS are there for the tracks that present the info. Mountaineer never has shown will pays on Winticket. Tonite, WILL PAYS were there for p3' p4' and p6 at Hollywood. Working for Penn, TP, and CT right now. No info for Delta or Sam H.

RR

MakinItHappen
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
The WILL PAYS are there for the tracks that present the info. Mountaineer never has shown will pays on Winticket. Tonite, WILL PAYS were there for p3' p4' and p6 at Hollywood. Working for Penn, TP, and CT right now. No info for Delta or Sam H.

RR

Just as an fyi... I just checked and youbet shows will pays for Delta and Sam Houston.

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

betovernetcapper
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
I can't fathom how crapnet could have looked at the YouBet and PTC totes and think slapping some blue on the old BrisBet tote would be acceptable. If this is the level of service they provide when they still have competition, what horrors await the customers when they become a monopoly?

JustRalph
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Ummmmmmm, I don't know what to say. I like the new interface.

Point Given, if you are having trouble seeing the odds.........maybe you can use the zoom level on IE7 to increase the size to 125. The zoom level is in the bottom right hand corner of your browser

The same stuff is there for me, that was there for Brisbet/Winticket

All the will pays etc.......were there for me..............

I did have to turn off my popup blocker for video.........that's it

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2007, 04:10 AM
I can't fathom how crapnet could have looked at the YouBet and PTC totes and think slapping some blue on the old BrisBet tote would be acceptable. If this is the level of service they provide when they still have competition, what horrors await the customers when they become a monopoly?THANK GOD they didn't change the interface. It would have rendered my auto-betting program useless....:eek:

As it is, I still have work to do to get it to function again, but at least it's doable...

betovernetcapper
11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
THANK GOD they didn't change the interface. It would have rendered my auto-betting program useless....:eek:

As it is, I still have work to do to get it to function again, but at least it's doable...

:lol: You have no idea how much I used to envy you having that auto betting program. Sometimes I'd wake up in a cold sweat thinking maybe if I did X with this location and............ Now with my PTC bet builder and dutcher, I no longer dream of screen scrapers.

point given
11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Ummmmmmm, I don't know what to say. I like the new interface.

Point Given, if you are having trouble seeing the odds.........maybe you can use the zoom level on IE7 to increase the size to 125. The zoom level is in the bottom right hand corner of your browser

The same stuff is there for me, that was there for Brisbet/Winticket

All the will pays etc.......were there for me..............

I did have to turn off my popup blocker for video.........that's it

I didnot check other track will pays yesterday, Only Fairgrounds. I figured if they didnot have it for their own track( fairgrounds) then the rest wouldnot be there either.

Here are the things i see
1. Too many tabs on top. but like the dark color and bold white type which is easier to see visually ( and i have no problem with my eyes, other than eye strain from staring at light color screens)

2. Left Blue Section is OK, easy links and dark background. The orange print on the blue background though is not too easy to read as a lighter color would be)
3. The highlights section should be moved to the bottom or put as a link only, Who cares about the carryovers unless you play the P6 ? not a whole lot of people and it takes up valuable upper screen space. Why not put todays schedule there,which everyone wants to know in this prominent place.

4. The right side stuff is redundent and not needed, takes up valuable space which could be better used.

5 When you select your tracks and open that up, i would prefer a dark background with light colored BOLD numbers. This is less straining to the eyes over many hours. Too many people who design or redesign web pages try to be , well, designy and also include too much stuff on the main page trying to fit everything everyone in management wanted, while i have always preferred functionality over fancyness . Why didn't they preview it to customers beforehand and get feedback ? after all the customers are the ones to be using the thing !!! I did take some graphic design courses and produced stuff in a variety of media, so I do have some knowlege in this area !
There is also no reason that an ADW not have ALL p3/p4 will pays for all tracks on its schedule. Why did Youbet have the p3/4 will pays for tracks that Twinspires didnot have ? No excuses on that issue.

schweitz
11-30-2007, 02:47 PM
There is also no reason that an ADW not have ALL p3/p4 will pays for all tracks on its schedule. Why did Youbet have the p3/4 will pays for tracks that Twinspires didnot have ? No excuses on that issue.

Many tracks do NOT supply this information to the ADW's.

spilparc
11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Does TwinSpires carry all of the tracks that Brisnet and Winbet did?

point given
11-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Just as an fyi... I just checked and youbet shows will pays for Delta and Sam Houston.

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

Delta and Sam Houston P3 willpays are indeed listed on Youbet, but not on Twinspires. This is really quite a basic feature which if one has it the other surely should too. If you took the best features of both sites and put it together, I would wager that the players would be well served. I just hungup on youbet as they had me on hold for near 4 minutes for player services spewing advertising in my ear. Lovely !

betovernetcapper
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
If you took the best features of both sites and put it together, I would wager that the players would be well served

You mean of course that YouBet should paint it's site blue. :lol:

alydar
12-01-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure what all the talk is about. The site is essentailly identical to what was there before, only now it is blue.

I swear, sometimes I go on this site and I think to myself "what a bunch of cry babbies."

There is an incredible amount of negativity here. Go try and build an ADW web site and keep everybody happy.

I have tried them all. No one has it all. That's the way it is and the way it will always be. You just can't please everybody.

Of the major sites they all have some strengths and weakneses. You will never get everything you want.

green80
12-01-2007, 12:25 AM
what auto betting program are you using?

point given
12-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I had no problems or even called Brisbet for years. I liked it . Just disappointed that something I thought worked well, changed for the worse, thats all. I like to see things work well and improve , thats just my thing, speaking with clients, see what they like/dislike and making things better for all concerned; alot of times its just minor stuff which doesn't take a whole lot to address.
However, I did notice that they improved the video interface for replays when twinspires took over BB. I also got a prompt response the next day from twinspires when emailing them my p3 concerns.

Youbet, I had alot of video problems with and customer service responsiveness to me and a friend in another state was lousy, to say the least. i only use them when i have to and endup watching the replay of the race many times.
I do wish I could have one ADW with all the tracks i want to play on one site, with the other ADW as backup, instead of switching around. I find that it has me limiting my play and finding other things to do.

I'm not sure what all the talk is about. The site is essentailly identical to what was there before, only now it is blue.

I swear, sometimes I go on this site and I think to myself "what a bunch of cry babbies."

There is an incredible amount of negativity here. Go try and build an ADW web site and keep everybody happy.

I have tried them all. No one has it all. That's the way it is and the way it will always be. You just can't please everybody.

Of the major sites they all have some strengths and weakneses. You will never get everything you want.

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2007, 11:22 AM
what auto betting program are you using?The one I wrote a few years ago. If you know how to program, or know someone who does, it's a fairly straightforward thing to create....

samyn on the green
12-07-2007, 01:35 AM
The hardest person in the world to satisfy is the two dollar bettor. No matter what the tracks do they will never be happy. The bottom line is that a steady diet of ripped tickets dictates that the attitude will be foul and mood dark. Even if the tracks gave away the ranch they still are not happy. That's why nobody even bothers trying to please this beast. I'm not sure what all the talk is about. The site is essentailly identical to what was there before, only now it is blue.

alydar
12-07-2007, 06:11 PM
The hardest person in the world to satisfy is the two dollar bettor. No matter what the tracks do they will never be happy. The bottom line is that a steady diet of ripped tickets dictates that the attitude will be foul and mood dark. Even if the tracks gave away the ranch they still are not happy. That's why nobody even bothers trying to please this beast.

Interesting point

King Ritchie
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I am very impressed with the Churchill Downs site, the Kentucky Derby Site, etc. The staff involved with all of this did a hell-of-a good job. Although I liked the Brisbet site better than the Twin Spires site (mainly because of the smaller size), I still think it is excellent. I have had no problems with the site and love the replays, the charts and the fact that it costs nothing to place a bet.

point given
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I am very impressed with the Churchill Downs site, the Kentucky Derby Site, etc. The staff involved with all of this did a hell-of-a good job. Although I liked the Brisbet site better than the Twin Spires site (mainly because of the smaller size), I still think it is excellent. I have had no problems with the site and love the replays, the charts and the fact that it costs nothing to place a bet.

SO - You agree that the old site was better !

Plus - It doesn't cost anything to place a bet ! :D

What a country

Perfectly clear to me now.

JimG
12-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Other than the different color, it seems the same to me. One thing I like is the site now recalls your most recent track selections from day to day. Saves me from having to select them again. As long as they transfer money into my bank account via EZMoney and as long as I get 20% off of my bris products, I am a happy camper.

Jim

howardjim
12-09-2007, 10:31 AM
My only gripe is that around 3PM the last 2 Saturdays the race # and odds would freeze and stay that way for upwards of an hour. The video was correct and you could bet the next race but you needed the feed or an alternate toteboard for " to post and odds.

point given
12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
My only gripe is that around 3PM the last 2 Saturdays the race # and odds would freeze and stay that way for upwards of an hour. The video was correct and you could bet the next race but you needed the feed or an alternate toteboard for " to post and odds.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was using TS and YB and later when i went back to TS I noticed what you stated and didnot know why it froze.

Funny thing, i forgot again about the TS and YB differences i posted on before. I was all set to bet the calder p4 for 5o cents, but when i went to their website, i had forgottten you can only call it in and not use the internet betting. By that time it was too late to call, so I saved myself some money. Its so much fun having to use multiple ADW's to bet with and trying to remember who has what and which is call in only etc. :bang:

JustRalph
12-09-2007, 12:02 PM

I emailed them and they advised me via email that the download side of the tote had failed at the provider. that is why the upload side was still working............it was down somewhere above them