PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Fairgrounds four

bellsbendboy
11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Took a bit of time with the new twin spires account thus analysis thin, but had time to 'cap.

7) Two year old non winners two life that are tagged and going three deep. DOUBLE FINESSE won first out for a trainer that seldom wins out of the box. Favored in last, showed nothing, then was sold to Hanna. Theriot up and not much to beat. CRAZY COYOTE has run two good ones, does not need the lead and Sunday bullet gate work says Proctor means business, also LAMBADA for deep barn that wins this type.

8) PURE BANDIT Has a very hidden but severe drop in class and her best beats these but she has been off sixty days so adding 'MOONS off the fence for hot barn and CAT EYES who beat a filly off a big break that scored against much better opening day.

9) Not sold on the match race concept between GONE OVERBOARD and POLYSHEBA but admit they are the most likely. The former has never been sound (although Nicks says differently after her last) and the latter is 2 for 19 but either homer is at least formidable. Adding SPONTANEOUS who has worked well for Flint and is a Grade one queen and Lemon Cricket who seems sitting on a big race.

10) Maiden juveniles around both bends lures SEKATZIANO for Hudson who puts "chopper" up. Sefapiano gelding id bred to sprint to and bottom but started at two green turns under an apprentice before a good second best at Delta behind 7-5 shot who was coming back on very short rest. Call it 2,7,10 / 1,7,11 / 2,3,5,6 / 7 Last out Peteadoris. Good cappin. BBB

bellsbendboy
11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Its not unusual to get beat by a horse that you cannot play for various reasons, even if that horse has a plausible chance to win. Remarkably, this sequence featured FOUR consecutive of that type and they were all hammered below fair market value!

Leg one featured 2yo's, tagged for 25K, that have not won twice. The appropriately named Net Present Value wins it comforably for Amoss surviving a claim of foul and returns $8.60. On the plus side Amoss. On the negative end this gelding sold for $250K, was favored over stakes winner Wicked Style and after breaking his maiden was immediately put in for $25K. Amoss got his win and his wish; the horse was claimed!

Race eight brought eleven statebred, sophomore fillies racing six panels for a purse of $41,000. ECCENTRIC GIRL ($5.40) wins it with a dominating wire to wire effort. On the plus side the incredible Autry off the claim, solid works and a mild figure edge. The negatives; off eleven weeks and could not win for a nickle in mid summer.

In the feature one of our quartet GONE OVERBOARD scores at $4.80. Very familiar with this one and she has never been able to run consecutive races. Trainer Nicks (Ralph) was quoted in the DRF as saying this time "she came back good" and her Churchill near bullet half mile, thirteen days out validated that opinion. Still a short price giving up big weight.

The maiden went to PETEADORIS ($5.60) for Amoss again with the runnerup bet down to 7-5. Our single was clear for the show at nearly twelve to one. The winner, a son of Smart Strike, was bought back by his breeder for $125K
in the Keeneland September yearling sale. After a state bred effort at 22-1
then a so so performance on grass when favored, apparently convinced the owner that he should sell and Amoss has ubiquitous, well heeled owners always looking for a bargain. Off three months this one won nicely. An interesting note here is that the first three dams have thrown an amazing 22 winners. The pick 4 came back eight bucks shy of two hundred. Playing again Sunday on the nola board. BBB

onefast99
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I claimed net present value, pretty simple claim look at his first start broke in air, next start 5f for a long striding horse isnt a great spot. Third start razo sends him to the front on synthetic? Wins his 4th start at the same distance sat in the second group and came home a neck in front. 5th start he is freshened up a bit and gets in a short race. Works lights out at FG and gets put in a 6f race with 2 legitimate speed horses to set up an honest pace. The foul claim was not his fault he was sent wide in the lane due to the 6 coming out. I have had several Successful appeal horses and all ran pretty good on dirt and turf. He is 2 and still growing he will be pretty good by late may.

bellsbendboy
12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Net Present Value is certainly an interesting youngster. He debuted Preakness Day, then ran Foster Day, then ran American Derby, Modesty and Arlington Handicap Day before sixty days off, and his maiden breaker in Erie.
During this period he was sold privately twice and gelded.

The claiming game is soaked with uncertainty and the jury is still out on this 2yo. Your previous success winning a $100K on the Haskell undercard with a horse you claimed will serve you well on this one. Barring xtra's the only race I see this month for him is 12/30. Amoss is a top shelf conditioner and has a revolving door with his stock. Continued good luck. BBB

Dahoss9698
12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
The handicapping genius is also a trainer now huh? I suggest putting more time into your 4's. They need A LOT of work.

onefast99
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Net Present Value is certainly an interesting youngster. He debuted Preakness Day, then ran Foster Day, then ran American Derby, Modesty and Arlington Handicap Day before sixty days off, and his maiden breaker in Erie.
During this period he was sold privately twice and gelded.

The claiming game is soaked with uncertainty and the jury is still out on this 2yo. Your previous success winning a $100K on the Haskell undercard with a horse you claimed will serve you well on this one. Barring xtra's the only race I see this month for him is 12/30. Amoss is a top shelf conditioner and has a revolving door with his stock. Continued good luck. BBB
What was the date he was gelded do you know? He is a big eater trains pretty easily also. I will look for the n1x hopefully at the end of the month and if not we may move him to Tampa for a bit as he is a fla bred.

onefast99
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
The handicapping genius is also a trainer now huh? I suggest putting more time into your 4's. They need A LOT of work.
? Me a trainer and if you mean pick 4's I never play them.:confused:

Dahoss9698
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
? Me a trainer and if you mean pick 4's I never play them.:confused:

I wasn't talking to you.

onefast99
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok didnt put it together until now.