PDA

View Full Version : Another type of contest ...anyone ?

betsall
11-28-2007, 09:02 PM
HPC is going on and working. Thinking another type of contest could also be fun. Have several other ideas for a contest(s) and either one would be hashed out by everyone till it was plainly clear, exactly what the rules would be etc plus the one that got picked would be either simple or more complicated. Really wouldn't be that hard to hash out.

Anyway do you want to have 2 different contests going at one time or one after the other. Really think another one can be started but thinking it should have a bunch of people or it wouldn't be worth it. What say you?

No, not revealing the contents till I see how many would be interested. Can vote for which one. Remember these contests can have rules added on, deleted etc, however we want then to be by voting and then after the voting there should still be a bunch doing the contest, right?

Bad idea? then tell me.

Ron
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I prefer PA sponsored contests. Theres's a decent interface for that.

betsall
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I prefer PA sponsored contests. Theres's a decent interface for that.

Never been in one, don't know when they run. If I ever see one starting I will be there.

GaryG
11-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I prefer PA sponsored contests. Theres's a decent interface for that.Me too.....wish I had won more than the AsD shirt and cap though....:lol:

onefast99
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds ok. It only takes a few minutes to do the current one. How about a pick 4 similar to the one on TVG where you are cost capped on a ticket.

betsall
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Sounds ok. It only takes a few minutes to do the current one. How about a pick 4 similar to the one on TVG where you are cost capped on a ticket.

Noticed that there will be a pick 4 contest on this forum starting this Sat, sounds terrific. I will be in that.

Rookie@58
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I like the contest currently running, but I would also like to add another type to be run concurrently. Maybe an exacta contest, boxing two choices in any race that day or trifecta contest where you get 4 picks.

HUSKER55
11-29-2007, 02:56 AM
An exacta contest sounds like fun. I enjoy the current one. Count me in.

betsall
11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
An exacta contest sounds like fun. I enjoy the current one. Count me in.

Looks like the pick 4 contest can be done over in the other thread and you other 2 want an exacta contest so maybe thats what we should try for, will save my other 2 ideas for a another contest later.

We really do need a bunch of people or thinking it's not going to be worth it so before rules are hashed out let's see how many want to be in it. Will start another thread.

Suff
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
You shouldn't run a contest that competes with the Riders Up. That is like starting a new Holiday on December 24th. The Riders Up is an institution here, draws 40 to 50 players, and is one of, if not the oldest consecutive handicapping contest on the Internet.

Anyone who's anybody will be in there, and until a member goes in that contest and hits a pick4, his standing as a handicapper is questionable.

I don't even Gamble and I may play, I'm just wondering if it would be appropriate for a non-gambler to win.

betsall
11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
You shouldn't run a contest that competes with the Riders Up. That is like starting a new Holiday on December 24th. The Riders Up is an institution here, draws 40 to 50 players, and is one of, if not the oldest consecutive handicapping contest on the Internet.

Anyone who's anybody will be in there, and until a member goes in that contest and hits a pick4, his standing as a handicapper is questionable.

I don't even Gamble and I may play, I'm just wondering if it would be appropriate for a non-gambler to win.

I have told others of the contest that you mentioned and will be in it myself. I serious doubt my contest(s) will compete with that but thanks for thinking so. Besides alot of us seem to need more then a few threads to get by on, least I do.

Disagree with the comment being a handicapper thats questionable till he hits one(pick 4) in that contest. A monkey could hit a pick 4 with a dart thrown at pp's before the contest was over. Here's a monkey sample to prove it. 7654/1234/432/7654, now watch that hit at some point.

GL if your in it.

Suff
11-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Disagree with the comment being a handicapper thats questionable till he hits one(pick 4) in that contest. A monkey could hit a pick 4 with a dart thrown at pp's before the contest was over. Here's a monkey sample to prove it. 7654/1234/432/7654, now watch that hit at some point.

A University study revealed that Monkey's select winning exactas at 60 times the rate of Pick 4's.

BIG RED
11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
TOM, you that good at exactas? LOL!