PDA

View Full Version : TVG / Aqueduct

Marshall Bennett
11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Aqueduct was the only thoroughbred track covered by TVG during the early afternoon . No one could have been more bored with the coverage than the two announcers on hand . I thought " Mr. B " would fall asleep on the set at any moment .
I usually enjoy the coverage , but I found this not to be one of their finest moments . Sometimes ( not often ) music is good !!

FlyinLate
11-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Aqueduct was the only thoroughbred track covered by TVG during the early afternoon . No one could have been more bored with the coverage than the two announcers on hand . I thought " Mr. B " would fall asleep on the set at any moment .
I usually enjoy the coverage , but I found this not to be one of their finest moments . Sometimes ( not often ) music is good !!

Mr. B puts me to sleep :sleeping:
Not to mention he is on the bottom of the TVG handicapping list (although that doesn't say that much). Atleast he's better than Mike and Simon (I really, really hate Simon)

Tom
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
This has gotta be drawing in new players by the busload!:lol::lol::lol:

Marshall Bennett
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
This has gotta be drawing in new players by the busload!:lol::lol::lol:
And hopefully when they tune in for the first time , there won't be pick 6 carryover at Hollywood Park !! Otherwise they'll get an endless barrage of backtracks and race by race undoing to the point they'll change channels for fear of feeling to stupid to follow the sport .

hibiscus
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
I happen to enjoy TVG for the most part, although I think Mr. B is a good substitute to watching paint dry.:sleeping:

But you TVG bashers will enjoy this. Now that they've managed to lose almost every major non-NYRA track to HRTV they've hired a new VP of marketing and decided to QUADRUPLE their advertising rates. My stable syndicates horses and we advertised on TVG in 2007. You can imagine my shock when I was notified that their 2008 rates have gone up four fold.

Makes sense to me. Lose most of your viewership draw and jack up your advertsing rates! Sorry but I'll have to modify my budget to run ads on competative networks now.

If they should somehow lose NYRA what's left to watch on TVG? Zia Park?

jognlope
11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Luckily OTB channel plays really good music, jazz, Kenny G, Pat Metheny etc.

onefast99
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I happen to enjoy TVG for the most part, although I think Mr. B is a good substitute to watching paint dry.:sleeping:

But you TVG bashers will enjoy this. Now that they've managed to lose almost every major non-NYRA track to HRTV they've hired a new VP of marketing and decided to QUADRUPLE their advertising rates. My stable syndicates horses and we advertised on TVG in 2007. You can imagine my shock when I was notified that their 2008 rates have gone up four fold.

Makes sense to me. Lose most of your viewership draw and jack up your advertsing rates! Sorry but I'll have to modify my budget to run ads on competative networks now.

If they should somehow lose NYRA what's left to watch on TVG? Zia Park?
I always thought that the syndicate guys did much better advertising at their own tracks thru the racing program. I only see one or two advertise on TVG maybe you should try the program it has to be cheaper.

Kelso
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
My stable syndicates horses

Is syndicating a horse the same as a partnership owning it? Thank you.

hibiscus
11-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks onefast. We'll take a look into that.

Yes, syndicating is the same as partnerships. Our site is www.hibiscusstables.com (http://www.hibiscusstables.com)

You can click there to find out more about us if you'd like.

Kelso
11-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes, syndicating is the same as partnerships. Our site is www.hibiscusstables.com (http://www.hibiscusstables.com/)

You can click there to find out more about us if you'd like.

Thank you, Hi. My sons and I are tossing around the idea of a small gamble, maybe next year, on a partnership geared toward Monmouth Park and environs. I have your website bookmarked.

hibiscus
11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Kelso,

We run predominately at NYRA tracks and specialize in NY-breds because the competition is easier than open company yet the purses are very similar.