View Full Version : Frank Stronach

karlskorner
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
One of the nice things about having several Billion $ is you always have
"a ace in the hole"

http://franksenergydrink.com/about.html

cj
11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Apparently it also gets you one guy with a man crush willing to kiss your ass at every turn.

rrbauer
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
One of the nice things about having several Billion $ is you always have
"a ace in the hole"

http://franksenergydrink.com/about.html

Karl,
Do they sell it at Gulfsteam?

banacek
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, no matter what you think about Frank, the energy girls are interesting.:)

Steve 'StatMan'
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
If this does well, he can add upper scale liquor, like "Stronach Cognach"

ddog
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Apparently it also gets you one guy with a man crush willing to kiss your ass at every turn.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Indulto
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
If this does well, he can add upper scale liquor, like "Stronach Cognach"The whole concept gives me a magnach stomach ach. ;)

point given
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Karl,
Do they sell it at Gulfsteam?

Waddaya mean sell it ? It will be the only drink available ! After a long afternoon in the sun in the Gulfstream paddock, bettors will be literally dying for it, or pass out in the aisles from heat prostration. :lol:

onefast99
11-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Really good ad, if you have your horses at Palm Meadows in Boynton Beach you have to buy his bedding and supplies. At $1400 per horse for the meet he is realizing his dream of making lots of money. Look at Vitamin water original owners sold it for millions and it isnt too bad taste wise.

bane
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
I hear that Steve Saxton is in works to bring out a more family friendly energy drink.

cj
12-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Frank Stronach may be rich. However, his firing of Lou Raffetto, Jr. has proven he is a imbecile when it comes to horse racing. He is one of the best guys in the game and will be snapped up for a much better job in no time. NYRA would be very wise to jump all over him.

Of course, the way things are going at Magna, selling tip sheets at CharlesTown is probably a better gig.

Indulto
12-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Frank Stronach may be rich. However, his firing of Lou Raffetto, Jr. has proven he is a imbecile when it comes to horse racing. He is one of the best guys in the game and will be snapped up for a much better job in no time. NYRA would be very wise to jump all over him. ...Do you know for certain they didn't consider him during their search after Nader left? Why would they need -- and how could they pay -- both Handel and Raffetto?

cj
12-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I didn't say he had to have the same position. Even a lesser post is probably better paying and a better career move than anything he was doing in Maryland.

Indulto
12-01-2007, 12:43 PM
I didn't say he had to have the same position. Even a lesser post is probably better paying and a better career move than anything he was doing in Maryland.Pricci thinks he should move up, not down.

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/John-Pricci/ (http://www.horseraceinsider.com/John-Pricci/)
A Viable Candidate for Racing Commissioner
by John Pricci
… But Raffetto was more. As a former racing secretary, he helped to create a new racing calendar necessitated by the loss of racing stock to tracks with higher purses in nearby racino states, keeping Maryland’s simulcast product viably competitive.

Closest to my heart, however, was that he was a friend of the player, experimenting with a lower takeout for a 10-day period this summer that he had to know would cost a revenue shortfall in the near term but was willing to try something to spur business while giving back to Maryland’s beleaguered fans.

Raffetto is sure to land on his feet. He’s too talented not to be picked up by some racetrack group that encourages speaking truth to power.

But maybe the sport would be better served if racetracks showed some guts and vision, banded together, and made him the first Commissioner of Thoroughbred Racing.

karlskorner
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe Mr. Stronach is still four moves ahead of everybody, it's obvious he is not getting "slots" (who needs them after GP) and he doesn't need Mr. Raffetto around to help him dump the the dump. Probably did Mr. Raffetto a big favor and let another track take advantage of his expertise.

bigmack
12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Beyer:

On Tuesday morning, Raffetto knew that two Magna vice presidents and a lawyer were going to be at Laurel and he said: "I knew it was coming. I felt like I was getting dressed to go to the firing squad." What he didn't expect was the outpouring of support he got from all corners of the racing community. For a horseman to speak out on behalf of a member of management was once unheard of in Maryland racing, but Alan Foreman, attorney for the horsemen's organization, told The Post's John Scheinman that the firing was "the biggest mistake involving Maryland racing since I've been in the industry here."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/29/AR2007112902073.html