PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Winticket and Brisbet

NoCal Boy
11-27-2007, 05:43 PM
One merged ADW for twinspires.com makes financial and operational sense for Churchill, but losing the brand name recognitions of winticket and brisbet as draws for new accounts will be interesting as it plays out. Competition among the major ADW's just shrunk by two prominent domestic players, regardless of the fact they were owned by the same company.

FlyinLate
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Talk about lack of notice. I knew they were trying to come to an agreement with twinspires, but not this quickly or seriously. I log on today to find myself a twinspires member and no longer on winticket. Fairly similar interface, we'll see if the customer service and everything holds up though.

One question I do have, did we gain any tracks by this merge? I noticed Monticello is now on the schedule, did any other tracks now become available?

JustRalph
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Winticket.com doesn't work anymore. I went to twinspires and logged right in using my winticket info.............. I kind of like the different colors and the tighter interface. My account is still funded and everything seems ok............

Tom
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
My BRISBET log in info is not working - what the HELL is going on here????
Have I been robbed???????

I have no intnetion of doing business with these bottomfeeders.
Looks like You Bet gets 100% of my money from now on.

rrpic6
11-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Winticket sent e-mails late in the day explaining the transformation. You can go to bris.com and they have the twinspires.com logo to click on and begin wagering. The Handicapper's Edge also has an article about the big switch. Not much of a surprise that twinspires scrapped their set-up and went with winticket/brisbet format....just as I predicted back in June.;)

RR

Indulto
11-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Winticket sent e-mails late in the day explaining the transformation. You can go to bris.com and they have the twinspires.com logo to click on and begin wagering. The Handicapper's Edge also has an article about the big switch. Not much of a surprise that twinspires scrapped their set-up and went with winticket/brisbet format....just as I predicted back in June.;)

RRHave we seen the last of the Player's Pool?

JustRalph
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM

RR

you did......... you were right on~!

rrpic6
11-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Have we seen the last of the Player's Pool?

My guess is the Player's Pool will have its finale next May at the Ky. Derby. Next years BC is at Santa Anita, and California has ruled against online wagering for pool betting. Rich N. is still the Marketing Director for BRIS, but is working for a lot of different bosses now. They approved the PP for BC, but wanted more money collected. We were not in favor of collecting more than 50K, as this leads to bigger problems with ticket structure and ROI concerns. Other changes that could have been an improvement, IMO were listened to, but not approved.

RR

speldedo
11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
For us former Winticket Players no more free PP's. Not happy about that.

Tom
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
See Whobet's post in SELECTIONS....he has some info on free PPs now.

speldedo
11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the update! Gotta go download the Beulah PP's - the 1st is in 3 minutes!

trigger
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Have I been robbed???????

I have no intnetion of doing business with these bottomfeeders.
Looks like You Bet gets 100% of my money from now on.

Well, join the crowd.....they got 100% of IRG customer money also.;)

Spendabuck85
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
For us former Winticket Players no more free PP's. Not happy about that.

According to the Twinspires website free PP's are still available:
FREE wagering services - no subscription fees
FREE Brisnet Past Performances*
Live streaming video and race replays
Real time racing information including, odds, will-pays, program changes, and track conditions

Spendabuck85
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM

I was able to log in with my existing Brisbet account # and PIN with no issue and was happy to see my account balance was still there.

lamboguy
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
i understand that tracknet has decided to raise its siganl fees to carrying tracks to 9% for live bettors, and even higher for people playing over phonelines or internet. this must be a tremendous benefit for the horseracing industry. it will wind up closing most of the smaller tracks, and make churchill downs and magna a monopoly.

jsut wondering how this will play out!

jillybeans
11-28-2007, 08:25 PM
A sensible horseplayer would avoid playing ALL MEC and Churchill Downs tracks. FYI, it looks like MEC will be seeking bankruptcy protection. Churchill downs is about to encounter a different set of problems that will be most unpleasant.:) :)

Indulto
11-28-2007, 08:32 PM
A sensible horseplayer would avoid playing ALL MEC and Churchill Downs tracks. FYI, it looks like MEC will be seeking bankruptcy protection. Churchill downs is about to encounter a different set of problems that will be most unpleasant.:) :)jilly,
SA is one of the best meets of the year. Why wouldn't I want to play it on-track or on-line?

lamboguy
11-28-2007, 08:56 PM
no good for horseracing.

they are trying to monoplolise horse racing in this country, it will take the smaller owner like myself out of the game....i won't have a place to run a horse that can't compete at higher levels. there is no way sulfolk downs, finger lakes, monmouth park, bulah park, golden gate, and a bunch of others survive without simulcast signals.

spilparc
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I couldn't get the TwinSpires web page to work with Firefox--a big negative.

It did open up in IE, but since I don't use IE...

betovernetcapper
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm avoiding it because it's a crapnet track and IMO it's in the best interest of players to avoid betting on crapnet tracks. A portion of every bet goes toward crapnet's goal of creating a monopoly. If others want to support that scum, it's their call.

Indulto
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm avoiding it because it's a crapnet track and IMO it's in the best interest of players to avoid betting on crapnet tracks. A portion of every bet goes toward crapnet's goal of creating a monopoly. If others want to support that scum, it's their call.Now is that appropriate language for a leader of the horseplayer movement and maker of G-rated videos? :eek:

betovernetcapper
11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Seems appropriate to me, but if it offends you take it up with the moderator.

Indulto
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Seems appropriate to me, but if it offends you take it up with the moderator.I'm not offended, just bewildered by your newly-displayed bitterness. I'm still not going to use XpressBet or Twin-Spires -- and I haven't bet CD other than on Derby Day -- but as long as I'm mobile, I'll be at SA on big weekends; assuming rrb isn't starting another boycott and PTC is still not an option for me.

betovernetcapper
11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I'd find betting a crapnet track live as offensive as betting it online, but if you want to support them, that's up to you. Have fun.

trigger
11-29-2007, 01:27 AM

RR

The "new" Twinspires also went with Brisbet's broader slate of eligible states from which to accept bets.

shanta
11-29-2007, 10:47 AM
I couldn't get the TwinSpires web page to work with Firefox--a big negative.

It did open up in IE, but since I don't use IE...

Firefox:

go up to "Tools".

Click Options.

Click "Content".

To the right of "block pop up windows click "Exceptions"

In "address of website" type in www.twinspires.com.

Click "Allow"

Close window and you are good to go including video screen.

Richie

King Ritchie
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I think they did a wonderful. Their only fault was that they didn't give you a few days notice. I don't know what options other betting sites provide one with but I especially like their history of your bets. This is especially useful for the IRS. They even keep the history files back to day one of the year you started betting with them. There are NO betting charges, like at TVG where you have to pay a fee. They provide video free to users who place a small number of bets. They provide result charts (is there anyone else doing this?). And I can deposit money at no cost and easily withdraw my winnings directly into my bank account. All in all I think they did good. The only problem is that tracks I used to be able to bet are no longer available, but if racing is to survive I'm sure this will be fixed in the near future.

Light
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I just signed up with them. They got me with that advertisement of bet $100 and they'll give you $100. Thats the only reason I did it.

Their interface sucks. They have 3 horizontal frames on one page which forces you to adjust your screen resolution. I now get around it by right clicking a frame and putting it in a new window,otherwise I cant see the program without annoying scrolling.

How come they list TP as a "telephone only" betting since TP is part of the Ky circuit that they represent?

trigger
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
How come they list TP as a "telephone only" betting since TP is part of the Ky circuit that they represent?

TVG exclusive track

JimG
11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
As long as they kept the 20% off all bris products if you bet $200 in a month (which they did), it works for me. Been a member of Brisbet since it's inception.

Jim

spilparc
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Firefox:

go up to "Tools".

Click Options.

Click "Content".

To the right of "block pop up windows click "Exceptions"

In "address of website" type in www.twinspires.com (http://www.twinspires.com).

Click "Allow"

Close window and you are good to go including video screen.

Richie

Thanks, I tried this but the right side of the page is cut off. Anybody else have this problem?

shanta
11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks, I tried this but the right side of the page is cut off. Anybody else have this problem?

Try this link man.
http://www.twinspires.com/content/

spilparc
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Try this link man.
http://www.twinspires.com/content/

Weird. Same thing is happening.

betovernetcapper
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Just tried it-same thing-hope this isn't any kind of virus

shanta
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Very weird man. Mine is fine. Only problem I had on the switchover to TS from Brisbet was I had to allow the popups to watch the race videos and replays.

Fwiw I'm on Firefox with Vista and 2 gig R.A.M.

ok

ezrabrooks
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Virus?

betovernetcapper
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Virus?

I'm not a pc expert, but a virus is a program that can corrupt a computer's memory. I had one on my last computer and wound up tossing it. Now I use Trend Micro and Norton and clean the drive at least every couple of days.

ezrabrooks
11-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not a pc expert, but a virus is a program that can corrupt a computer's memory. I had one on my last computer and wound up tossing it. Now I use Trend Micro and Norton and clean the drive at least every couple of days.

Jeez... What is your real agenda?

betovernetcapper
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Jeez...I've got to work on making my agenda more transparent.

Pell Mell
11-30-2007, 06:42 AM
My only problem with them is that the videos keeps freezing, not the replays, just the live. I have called them and they went through everything with me and changed some settings but still have same problem. One thing that does seem to help is if I close media player and reopen it 2 times it will usually work. I don't have this problem anywhere else. Any ideas?:bang:

ezrabrooks
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Jeez...I've got to work on making my agenda more transparent.

I stated 'real'...

betovernetcapper
11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Jeez...I've got to work on getting my existential agenda more transparent. I wonder what I did with the Heidegger books.

ezrabrooks
11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Jeez...I've got to work on getting my existential agenda more transparent. I wonder what I did with the Heidegger books.

Man, you need to get some new material..your whining is really getting old. Do business with your fav ADW...and give your idiotic commentary a rest.

betovernetcapper
11-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I take it your not a Heidegger fan..........Jeez

alydar
12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Man, you need to get some new material..your whining is really getting old. Do business with your fav ADW...and give your idiotic commentary a rest.

I would have to agree. You have gone from a leader of a movement to a malcontent.

Too bad

I thought we had something going, I was wrong.

betovernetcapper
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I would have to agree. You have gone from a leader of a movement to a malcontent.

Too bad

I thought we had something going, I was wrong.

I've been a malcontent form day one and have no choice of changing until there is nothing left for me to be malcontent about. Being malcontent suits me and the times.

Alydar, on a personal note, I'm sorry you thought we had something going, but I'm straight. You'll find someone.

alydar
12-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Now I'm hurt. LOL

I am just dissapointed , I thought that there was some meaningful talk here at one time about a players movement.

It died, and died fast.

MakinItHappen
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
on a personal note, I'm sorry you thought we had something going, but I'm straight. You'll find someone.

:lol: :lol: Ok, now that is some top-drawer material!

And regarding ...

It died, and died fast.

Oh well, it least it didn't have to suffer much! :lol:

Thanks for the entertainment guys!

Best of Luck To Us All!

MakinItHappen

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Now I'm hurt. LOL

I am just dissapointed , I thought that there was some meaningful talk here at one time about a players movement.

It died, and died fast.PaceAdvantage.com isn't about being a movement, but it did spawn a site that is....have you visited http://trackthieves.com/?

betovernetcapper
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
PaceAdvantage.com isn't about being a movement, but it did spawn a site that is....have you visited http://trackthieves.com/?

One of the great things about Bauer is that he is about doing things as opposed to merely talking about things.
For all the complaining about tracks that goes on how many people are still betting crapnet tracks?
For the first time players have an ADW that actually listens to players and some people haven't opened accounts.
If you find fault with the game, when was the last time you called the Jockey Club or a racing commissioner or Scott Darutty?
The word movement is defined as "as change in place or position". Are you willing to create a little change?

orrug2k
12-01-2007, 12:48 PM
This wil be the end of adws now. Nothing can grow in the shade of the twin spires.

shanta
12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
This wil be the end of adws now. Nothing can grow in the shade of the twin spires.

2 things I know grow in the "shade":

Shade grass
PTC

:p