PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor RIP

RaceBookJoe
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I am sitting here sick to my stomach over the death of Sean Taylor. Watching him play for my beloved Washington Redskins was a joy. You will be missed. Sean Taylor #21...Rest In Peace.

OTM Al
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
This may blow one of the NFL's dirty little secrets into the harsh light of day and that is the number of shootings that players are involved in. Maybe his death can put some check to the ruthless moneymaking machine that the NFL is and force them to really address this problem in terms other than the bottom line.

harnesslover
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
It's horrible to see such a young talented kid die.. But if you look at his past in such a young life, this cannot come as a shock to anyone. Arrests, suspensions, spitting in people's faces, beating a guy in the head with a pistol.

What a waste of talent.

RaceBookJoe
11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes he definately had his rough spots, but by all accounts he had matured since the birth of his daughter. I believe he was headed for Canton had he lived and stayed on his path of improvement. He will be the prototype of future safeties......safety/corner speed with a linebacker build.

harnesslover
11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes he definately had his rough spots, but by all accounts he had matured since the birth of his daughter. I believe he was headed for Canton had he lived and stayed on his path of improvement. He will be the prototype of future safeties......safety/corner speed with a linebacker build.

He was a fantastic talent, which makes it so unfortunate that he had to get caught up in this garbage that possibly cost him his life at such a young age.

The sad part is I didn't know much about him and as I was reading USA today this morning about all his troubles, I said to myself "I guarantee he is from Miami or Florida State, and wouldn't ya know...."

GaryG
11-28-2007, 09:27 AM
I saw where Clinton Portis referred to Taylor as the craziest Cane of them all....that is a statement of awesome implications.

The Judge
11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Football is a violent sport. When you become a pro you must change and see it as a business. You are only violent on the field otherwise you are working for free.

I remeber in high school you could always tell game day you didn't need to know it was Friday. Some of the guys would just be crazy hitting hall lockers, swelling up, looking and walking mean,walking with team mates down the hall 3 abreast. In those days we had clubs (gangs) and you could wear club jackets too school. School was neutral territory. Everybody got out of their way. They were crazy on game day.

OTM Al
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, but football builds character. What kind of character they never tell us.....

Tom
11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
There is going to an interesting story coming out of this one.
Sad it happenend, but it is best to have this stuff get out.

harnesslover
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
And as always, ESPN is portraying this guy like he died while trying to save puppies in a burning building.

Guess what, you beat someone in the head with a pistol, you better be looking over your shoulder for a shot in the groin.

JustRalph
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes, but football builds character. What kind of character they never tell us.....

The kind of character that makes my knee's hurt in the morning................. and I never got out of high school ball..........

GaryG
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
The shot in the groin with apparently nothing taken is quite telling. He grabbed a machete? Hell, you don't take a knife to a gun fight, even a big one.

Ron
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes, usually these acts aren't random.

RaceBookJoe
11-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah I think it was someone from his past. There had been a breakin a week earlier, most likely the same person. I am on a redskin fan forum as well and there are some really great tributes, also some good vids on youtube.