http://www.needlenose.com/i/swopa/GoreBushNobelWH.jpg

JustRalph
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM

Your right, Gore looks like shit.

harnesslover
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

It's that "Why doesn't anyone believe I invented the internet" look??

Tom
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Bush is saying "Hmmmm, it's not only the COWS!" :eek:

46zilzal
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
especially when they have him figured out beforehand.

hcap
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Somehow I had a feeling this would be a political Rorschach test.
:lol:

46zilzal
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
and the people speak too:

SCSAYS
11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
46 z .heres your big chance to help our country.

skate
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM

dont tell me you were in line for 'the Dollar a Kiss' donation.

Marshall Bennett
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
They're watching the democratic debates on TV !!!

Greyfox
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
They're talking about Global Greying.

ArlJim78
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
where is Al's left hand?:eek:

maybe that is why GW has that goofy look.

lsbets
11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
46 z .heres your big chance to help our country.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 46 - its the Christmas shopping season, Walmart might have a sale on knee pads! Better get yours quick, you'll be the hero of the left!

kenwoodallpromos
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I can tell the Repub by the lapel pin!

Ron
11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Those are a couple of ugly dudes.

Tom
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Seperation of Church and state.

riskman
11-28-2007, 12:53 AM
In 2000, the choice was between Gore and Bush II, both of whom advocated expanding federal programs this way and that, but at least one of them had some slightly good things to say about taxes and foreign policy. The better-sounding one was victorious, and brought about the worst and most frightening developments at the federal level since the Great Society and Vietnam War, at times even aspiring to levels of despotism that only a Lincoln, Wilson or FDR would dare attempt.

PaceAdvantage
11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
The better-sounding one was victorious, and brought about the worst and most frightening developments at the federal level since the Great Society and Vietnam War, at times even aspiring to levels of despotism that only a Lincoln, Wilson or FDR would dare attempt.And yet, life goes on....surprisingly well for the most part....

In fact, if you look at a chart of the S&P for the Bush presidency, one would be left scratching their heads wondering where the sky exactly fell, or is about to fall, as some would have us believe.....hey, maybe you'll be right one day, but for now, it just doesn't jibe.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/BushSP.gif

PaceAdvantage
11-28-2007, 01:36 AM
http://www.needlenose.com/i/swopa/GoreBushNobelWH.jpgWhich one looks uncomfortable? Bush looks like the cat that just swallowed the canary...for an idiot, he sure has trumped a lot of the card-carrying "geniuses" out there....

bigmack
11-28-2007, 02:19 AM
one would be left scratching their heads wondering where the sky exactly fell, or is about to fall, as some would have us believe..
I can't quite figure that one out as well.

In zipping around town I dial in NPR on the FM dial & almost every positive report is laced with an impending economic doom. Let me know when it happens. In the meantime, STFU with your pontifications.

riskman
11-28-2007, 03:11 AM
And yet, life goes on....surprisingly well for the most part....

In fact, if you look at a chart of the S&P for the Bush presidency, one would be left scratching their heads wondering where the sky exactly fell, or is about to fall, as some would have us believe.....hey, maybe you'll be right one day, but for now, it just doesn't jibe.

"When the music stops, in terms of liquidity, things will be complicated. But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing." – Charles Prince, CEO, Citigroup

Prince was a confident man in late July. Very confident.

"We see a lot of people on the Street who are scared. We are not scared," Prince said during an interview at his office on Park Avenue. "Our team has been through this before."

Scared? Not Prince. Then, over the next month, Citigroup lost $1.4 billion.

The decline "was driven primarily by weak performance in fixed-income credit-market activities, write-downs in leveraged loan commitments, and increases in consumer-credit costs," Chairman and Chief Executive Charles Prince said in a statement.

In one week, two heads rolled: Merrill Lynch's Stanley O'Neal, who lost $8 billion of investors' money (so far), and Prince's.

These men were CEO's of the largest bank and largest brokerage firm, respectively. Yet they were both caught up into the mania known as subprime mortgages. They were both like those first-time home buyers in 2005 and 2006, who bought at the top, confident that the housing market would not fall and interest will be complicated. They sang: "But as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance. We're still dancing." They have stopped dancing.

This is only the beginning.

equicom
11-28-2007, 03:53 AM
For those of you who are still trying to decipher the look on George's face, you only have to think to yourself "Where is Al's left hand?"

That's also why also why Gore is trying to look sorta nonchalant and gazing off into distance... "who me? I'm not doing anything! I'm just standing here!"

:rolleyes:

OTM Al
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Its interesting to see everyone's responses to this picture because when I look at it I see two very similar individuals. Both children of privilage, both primarily from southern states, both Ivy league educated, both politician sons of politician fathers. They have much much more in common than they have in difference. Don't let the rhetoric fool you.

hcap
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
As I said, a political Rorschach test.

JustRalph
11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Its interesting to see everyone's responses to this picture because when I look at it I see two very similar individuals. Both children of privilage, both primarily from southern states, both Ivy league educated, both politician sons of politician fathers. They have much much more in common than they have in difference. Don't let the rhetoric fool you.

Agreed, but Bush got better grades....................... :lol:

Tom
11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Agreed, but Bush got better grades....................... :lol:

But Gore has a much bigger carbon footprint!

rastajenk
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Bush probably got better chicks, too.

Greyfox
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
"Where is Al's left hand?"

:rolleyes:

Just checking hanging chads.

Tom
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
That's not a chad!:eek:

ljb
11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
PA,
Nice chart. The world does not cycle around the s&p 500. Please let us know when it gets back up to where it was when Bush took over. Thank you.

PaceAdvantage
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
PA,
Nice chart. The world does not cycle around the s&p 500. Please let us know when it gets back up to where it was when Bush took over. Thank you.When GWB took office, the S&P was at 1342.

Today it closed at 1469 and change. It's been over 1342 since last October. Where have you been?

I knew you would try and qualify my chart, but we have people on here writing that the sky is falling, or will fall, and that is not the chart of a falling sky.

Plus, that chart includes 9/11. All in all, I'd say it's fairly impressive, given all that has been written about GWB on this board in the last seven years.

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
.....and who prompts and holds all that wealth? Not the rank and file Joe.

Those numbers have, and always will represent the priveledged financial class.

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Those numbers have, and always will represent the priveledged financial class.Not quite....

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Not quite....
Yes between all of my physician friends and the rest of them, it is all the people of normal means who are HEAVILY involved, but the doctors? No way.

JustRalph
11-29-2007, 05:39 AM

The S&P 500? Anybody can buy the S&P 500 and I have never seen a retirement plan that didn't offer it. Is that the chart you posted PA?

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 10:17 AM
There are many surrogate investors: you give me the money and I (being much more experienced) will invest FOR YOU.

Not too many run down to their "broker" and jump in by themselves.

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
The S&P 500? Anybody can buy the S&P 500 and I have never seen a retirement plan that didn't offer it. Is that the chart you posted PA?Yes sir....the most representative of the three major indexes....

Tom
11-29-2007, 11:18 AM
There are many surrogate investors: you give me the money and I (being much more experienced) will invest FOR YOU.

Not too many run down to their "broker" and jump in by themselves.

Duh. Who cares how they got in - they are making money in there. :lol:

skate
11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
When GWB took office, the S&P was at 1342.

Today it closed at 1469 and change. It's been over 1342 since last October. Where have you been?

I knew you would try and qualify my chart, but we have people on here writing that the sky is falling, or will fall, and that is not the chart of a falling sky.

Plus, that chart includes 9/11. All in all, I'd say it's fairly impressive, given all that has been written about GWB on this board in the last seven years.

oh yeh, sure, here comes PApolice dealing with the facts again.

gees, soon we'll need to acquire a Fact-Licence just to Know Something.

do you really think you'll get away with this, on this board?:eek:

we'd much prefer sophisticated BS, dont cha no.

skate
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM

ah, lookey here, you too can Be Globals.;)

then then then, no more Debt.:eek:

46zilzal
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
ah, lookey here, you too can Be Globals.;)

then then then, no more Debt.
What does all that mean?

Globals???

skate
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
HEY, IM SORRY it's just little old ME.

i should be saying something along the lines of;

we (the USA) are a service society, no secret.

China is poised to take over Manufacturing, let it be .

cause that's a fact.

the USA is much much much better off being a Service type Economy, not a negative.

people (USA), we can easily keep pace with any advancement in the world, the advance by either China, Russia, India, Brazil etc., does not mater, because we (USA) will Service the rest of the world. thru Banks, Insurance, Stock Market , Schools etc.

and what makes this outcome so so very simple to follow and stay economically stable is the fact that the only concern we need as investers is to see where companys are building.

So many companys are building elsewhere, makes for easy pickings. "F" Ford has a plant in China and is about to build another their.

gees, i think GE is still in Iran, if that's what pleases.

Or, put your money into the support, such as banks which are here (USA) etc.

look at that, i forgot to say , that's what i mean when i said Global.

hcap
11-29-2007, 07:19 PM
skate HEY, IM SORRY it's just little old ME.
i should be saying something along the lines of;
we (the USA) are a service society, no secret.
China is poised to take over Manufacturing, let it be .
cause that's a fact.

the USA is much much much better off being a Service type Economy, not a negative.
For many who used to be in manufacturing, this is not good news. Nafta was a mistake.Workers making decent wages with benefits are forced into service jobs. You are absolutely right. McDonalds, Walmart, Jiffy lube etc. Many families have more than one wage earner working more than one McJob.

Yeah a service economy. You serve me a Big Mac, next week I'll serve you a quarter pounder. Meanwhile I'll do your laundry while you do mine.

IBCNU
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM

The majority of that wealth is held in large individual FUNDS....such as PENSION funds wich make up a lot of the rank and file "joe's" retirement holdings, IRA's etc. It is als o made of of individuals who produce wealth and take RISK. Something that no GOVERNMENT has come remotely close to doing.

46zilzal
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Are those the ones that depleted my sister's retirement savings by almost 55% due to their "experts" putting a substantial portion of that group fund into the dead giant Enron? Yep that's the one.

Tom
11-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Thatis why it is called "risk."
Consider a savings account if you want more security.

skate
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
skate For many who used to be in manufacturing, this is not good news. Nafta was a mistake.Workers making decent wages with benefits are forced into service jobs. You are absolutely right. McDonalds, Walmart, Jiffy lube etc. Many families have more than one wage earner working more than one McJob.

Yeah a service economy. You serve me a Big Mac, next week I'll serve you a quarter pounder. Meanwhile I'll do your laundry while you do mine.

well, i'll admit, you finally gave me something i can follow .

for starts, what's wrong with owning a Mcdonalds etc? usually school kids working there, jiffy lube, fine job.

and you would have to consider the fact that GDP keeps going UP. so if the average is UP UP UP, what could you find wrong , that is, no other country is closer than 1/2 the average value of EACH USA citizen.

hey, what, you think everybody should be at "equal pay levil"?

on top of all this, many good paying jobs are on the starting levil. while those who've lost their job, should have been able to support themselves without Gov. help.

if Japan, China, Brazil want their people to have a better life and they can provide products at lower cost, can you see "change is coming". no secret.

you want Open, you Got Open.

the reason for so many foreigners coming to the USA (and many other countries) is simply because 'Jobs ' are here, along with the AVERAGE GDP.

beside all that, what, you think Mcdonalds, WalMart started yesterday?

laundry should always be done, does not mater.

hcap
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
skatefor starts, what's wrong with owning a Mcdonalds etc? usually school kids working there, jiffy lube, fine jobI get it, lose your middle class manufacturing job. Lose your health benefits. Having trouble with the mortgage bunky? Not to worry..... But hey BUY a McDonalds and live the life of Reilly. Yipity do da yipity day my oh my what a wonderful day.

Is this purchase with unca georges' assistance or the friendly MR. Neighborhood banker says "here's a deserving soul" and loans you a half a mill+ ????

Even tougher. Ronald McDonald sez...

"Since the total cost varies from restaurant to restaurant, the minimum amount for a down payment will vary. Generally, we require a minimum of $250,000 of non-borrowed personal resources to consider you for a franchise"

So Mr.skate, our laid off factory worker simply has to worry about getting together his OWN 1/4 mill. I guess our friendly neighborhood Mr Banker only has to cough up another 1/4 mill.

MR BANKER. MR LOVELY DAY IN DA NEIGHBORHOOD. la la la la la won't you be my Neighbor? Pu-leease

skate
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
fact of the mater. you 're Skaten around more than the-skate.

when jobs went overseas, a Mcdonalds cost very much around $25,000 dn.

today you could take that out on a credit card at very low interest. what is it that you want from me.?

sometimes it's up to US (as in we we) to get off the fence.

ive have never ever seen living so very mucho simple as it is today. par-a-dice, you gotta stand in line.

Only The-Skate rides free.:cool:

kenwoodallpromos
11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
skate For many who used to be in manufacturing, this is not good news. Nafta was a mistake.Workers making decent wages with benefits are forced into service jobs. You are absolutely right. McDonalds, Walmart, Jiffy lube etc. Many families have more than one wage earner working more than one McJob.

FLASH- We have been moving toward a service economy for decades. Medical professionals, bankers, mortgage companies, etc.
BTW- What is the average equity value in the property your "rank and file" doctors own? I thought you were in a service industry.
yes, some ivestors like some homeowners are stretched beyond their control- my Bro-in-law lost big bucks in stocks because he did not know what he was doing.
My dad was a Lab Tech for 50 years, just fully retired at 80- and he hasn't lost a penny on his 401K because he kept up with what was going on.
It would be nice to see more manufacturing of some kinds in the USA- when Americans decide to buy based on quality it will happen. The USA manufacturers I hear about are way ahead of most others in quality.
(I think all of our toilet paper is still made in the USA!)
Search- "usa made products".

hcap
11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
fact of the mater. you 're Skaten around more than the-skate.
today you could take that out on a credit card at very low interest. what is it that you want from me.?
ive have never ever seen living so very mucho simple as it is today. par-a-dice, you gotta stand in line.

Only The-Skate rides free.:cool:Would you mind showing me how 25 grand can get you a Franchise? Mr Financial Genius.
In other words, prove it
.................................................. ...................................
Hell for 25 grand, instead of a billion served, there would be a billion opened
This what I found.

Costs & Fees

* Total Investment: $506K - $1.6M
* Franchise Fee: $45K
* Unencumbered Capital Required: $200,000 - $650,000

Financial Requirements

* New Restautants: Initial downpayment of 40% of total cost (minimum)
* Re-Sales: 25% of total cost

Other Facts

* Financing: Third party.
* Royalty: 4% of monthly sales
* Training: 9 months – 24 months (part-time basis)
* Annual revenue: $20.46 billion (2005)
* Average revenue per store: $633,000

http://franchises.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=franchises&cdn=money&tm=219&f=10&tt=6&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.mcdonalds.com/content/corp/franchise/franchisinghome.html
http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/about/mcd_faq/franchising.html

skate
11-30-2007, 05:32 PM
no no no, look, i said when the jobs started going.

you cant take the situation now , as good as it is, and just forget what took place over Time.

early 60s, it cost $25,000 and we had lots of factory work.

you had a choice back then, you choose the factory, too bad.

it was not a secret back then, and now, sleep where you made your bed and be Happy.

this situation, as Good as It is (none better, ever) did not happen overnite.

you wanted a Big Mac, you shoulda bought back then.

today, buy "F".

and my bet is 'that tomorrow you'll still be Crying".:(

skate
11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
and and and , as a mater of fact, you can buy lots of franchises for $25, 000, TODAY. not big Mac, but many franchises.

what is it that you want?

you already ate the cake....

hcap
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I guess you lied about Ronald McDonald. I mean you did say......fact of the mater. you 're Skaten around more than the-skate.
today you could take that out on a credit card at very low interesThat's ok I don't expect anything else from your kneejerking liberal-hating feeding frenzy. But try to keep your imaginary friends sidelined when you post.

OK, OK, Mr Financial- (can I call you Warren?)-Genius. What franchises can our intrepid laid off factory, mortgage challenged, 4.2 member household householder get involved with for 25 grand. One that might show a return on his oh so very super low credit card interests rates?? Within a period of say six months?. That can carry our suffering hero and family thru' the hard times ahead in starting a business? Gee,Warren what are the failure rates for franchises that you can finance with 25 grand down.

It is possible but it ain't no McDonalds.
It is not as easy as you claim.

skate
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I guess you lied about Ronald McDonald. I mean you did say......That's ok I don't expect anything else from your kneejerking liberal-hating feeding frenzy. But try to keep your imaginary friends sidelined when you post.

OK, OK, Mr Financial- (can I call you Warren?)-Genius. What franchises can our intrepid laid off factory, mortgage challenged, 4.2 member household householder get involved with for 25 grand. One that might show a return on his oh so very super low credit card interests rates?? Within a period of say six months?. That can carry our suffering hero and family thru' the hard times ahead in starting a business? Gee,Warren what are the failure rates for franchises that you can finance with 25 grand down.

yeh yeh yeh thats exactly what I said "When Jobs Started Going"

you expect to buy something for the cheapest amount, AFTER it Moves Higher. And you want to pay yesterdays Dollar for todays success .

hey, i almost forgot, ITS Hiccups.;)

Tom
12-01-2007, 09:53 AM
So let me ask this - is the libs area so high-falooten concerned about global warming and carbon emissions, how is that they bemoan the loss of polluting jobs? We already have far too many jobs here that are killing the planet. So far, essentially NO countries signed on to Kyoto have met the politically-set emission standards. The UN is going to fine Britian, Japan, and Italy a combined 30+ bilion dollars.

Look, guys - high gas prices and loss of planet killing jobs, and a drying up economy are the price you pay for this GW hoax. Get used to it.
And in the meantime, we need to cut more jobs....and quick!

skate
12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess you lied about Ronald McDonald. I mean you did say......That's ok I don't expect anything else from your kneejerking liberal-hating feeding frenzy. But try to keep your imaginary friends sidelined when you post.

You DO see that i said ;

" Macs cost the 25,000, when Jobs were going overseas. that's what i said and it stands.

jobs have been heading overseas since the 60's. and BigMacs cost for franchise was $25,000 cash.

now, dozons of franchises are still arouind $25,000, but not BigMacs.

simple enough

also, with full employment, how the hell could the USA support any more Manufacturing co.
b we import people, just to fill the job opinings now. and you want more jobs, which would mean more foreigners (illigels).

not needed, again very simple.

JustRalph
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
now, dozons of franchises are still arouind $25,000, but not BigMacs.

I don't want to join in on busting your balls, but, Name a franchise that costs only 25k?

hcap
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Your post # 47 said it originally without any qualification about "before jobs went overseas-whatever that means
First you quoted me...Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap

Then you babbled this.......
well, i'll admit, you finally gave me something i can follow .

for starts, what's wrong with owning a Mcdonalds etc? usually school kids working there, jiffy lube, fine job.

and you would have to consider the fact that GDP keeps going UP. so if the average is UP UP UP, what could you find wrong , that is, no other country is closer than 1/2 the average value of EACH USA citizen.

hey, what, you think everybody should be at "equal pay levil"?

on top of all this, many good paying jobs are on the starting levil. while those who've lost their job, should have been able to support themselves without Gov. help.No mention here about before they started to go overseas

Why did dem stinkin jobs going overseas cause owning a McDonald franchise to skyrocket from 25 Grand to close to a mill?

Maybe in the 60s' McDonalds was just starting out and had not proven itself? Maybe the concept of FRANCHISING itself/ let alone owning one was not an established market?

So you still think it is no biggie for a displaced factory worker to take out a 25 grand loan on his 27% interest maxed out credit card for a hit or miss franchise, and meanwhile maybe work at Walmarts as a $6.50 an hour greeter, while feeding his 4.1 member family and paying his mortgage without any gov assistance

Exactly what dreamland do you live in? And BTW, what soooper-doooper- knock your socks off franchise is our displaced auto worker gonna buy for 25 grand? Maybe he can get in on the "ground floor" before too many of these move overseas, eh make that overplanet

Or Mr. Warren (Financial Genius) Buffhead, maybe you might want to strike while this is still largely a SECRET. Get in before the sharks do.

http://www.avantnews.com/images/article/mcmoon.jpg

"McDonald's To Open First Lunar Franchise
Posted by admin on 2006/1/17 8:42:31 (4938 reads)

By Ion Zwitter, Avant News Editor
Sea of Tranquility, March 22, 2015

McDonald's, the ubiquitous globe-girdling fast food purveyor, announced today it will be expanding its operations beyond the confines of the earth's atmosphere with the launch of the first lunar franchise. The move marks not only the very first non-terrestrial McDonald's retail dining establishment, but the first non-terrestrial commercial franchise of any kind whatsoever.

"It seemed a logical progression," said Ray McSpokesman, spokesman for McDonald's. "We're beginning to notice a certain saturation effect in terrestrial McDonald's restaurants, which may be a function of the current distribution of one McDonald's restaurant for every square kilometer of the earth's non-aquatic surface, including Antarctica, where, of course, our Flipper McPenguin has been a smashing success. There was literally nowhere to go but up."

The Lunar McDonald's, dubbed the McMoon, will be a small, primarily drive-through franchise similar to the ones located at the top of the Eiffel Tower and among the ancient Incan ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru.

skate
12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't want to join in on busting your balls, but, Name a franchise that costs only 25k?

consider that 25,000 today isnt the same as yesterdays. im sure you know that already.

but if you take a look (forgot the name) on the Net OR Business mags, actually id say i could come up with at least doz. maybe 100s.

and although not suitable for everyone, i can say "they do work".

Gun cleaning and repair.
Commercial building cleaning.
Delivery service.
travel agency (not recommended).

these are not alone.

and i could be Very specific. the only reason for not being more precise, i'm just not in the position for now. but....

hcap
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
This is known in certain engineering fields as "explanation by hand waving"

In which the high-falutin lecturer is explaining an esoteric concept by moving has hands rapidly in the air, gesturing like a mime and engaging in bamboozelment thru' the general use of holding his hands as tho' he was trying to make shadow doggies on the wall.
Ruff, ruff skate.

skate
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
hiccups;

didnt read your post altogether, but...

my Key to saying Big Macs For $25,000 dates back to when a friend had $25,000 grand, early sixties, and thats what he did, bought McDonalds.

and the thought about business moving Overseas, dates back to early 70's, Caterpiller (Ohio) youngstown, or Cleveland (not sure) moved their plant which was around a square mile in size, overseas.

RCA business in Camden NJ, moved out even early.

yes sir, big business was moving overseas thru the 60s and 70s.

i'll get back to the rest of your post, later.

hcap
12-03-2007, 07:48 PM
In the early sixties you could have bought a 1965 Mustang for $3,334.
You could have bought IBM for peanuts
When APPLE first issued stock you could have loaded up and own a tropical island today.You could also go back a few days and play all winning pick 6s' at all tracks running that day. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Meanwhile our layed off auto worker does't have that luxury.
Now tell us where our cash strapped hero is gonna raise $25,000 without using his probably maxed out 27% credit cards. And what is the typical success rate of buying a 25 grand Gun Cleaning and Repair franchise. And how long will he have to struggle until it is returning anything substantial on his 25 grand?

Warren?
Donald?
Cornelius? ( Vanderbilt fame )

skate
12-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Only The-Skate rides free.:cool:

my first line above goes "when jobs went overseas, a McDonalds cost very much around $25,000".

oh oh oh, im sure it needs interjection, because i knew that jobs were going overseas for over 40 years. i think, you didnt know, so im sure glad you asked.
since i knew that jobs were going overseas at the same time that i knew that a McDonalds cost $25,000, i stated "when jobs went overseas...." this could not mean that all jobs went overseas at the same time, it only ment that jobs were going overseas at the same time McDonalds cost $25,000 for a franchise.

hcap
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
One more time. Before this thread meandered into franchises costing 25 grand and McDonalds costing only 25 grand way back when, I brought up the fact that low paying McJob type service jobs are not something to be crowing about.You said originally we are now a service economy and implied all is well economically.

Listen well Warren Buffhead, replacing displaced auto or steel or other skilled factory work with working in a laundromat is not exactly a high point of the real world effects of NAFTA.

You telling me not to worry, the GDP is rising and working 2 or 3 jobs for $7 an hour without benefits easily replaces the original skilled job is nonsense. As is buying a franchise to save the day.

skate
12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
well , the gun business was for JustRalph.

but i'm sure i can find you a trucking business or commercial cleaning business that would Net you a return, long before a McDonalds.

you could walk into trucking with $10,000 and within 3 months your take about $50,000/$70,000 per year.

Cleaning business would take you about 2 months for a check for about $20/ $25.00 per hour, and depending on how much you work or dont work, skys the limit. sounds funny, but if you want to go for either, the genie will make it happen For Real.

oh yeh, dozons of jobs like these are available here in the USA.

oh yes, those checks are Net Net. Insurance is on you, but also on you is 'just how high you want to go'. those figures are starters.

skate
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
One more time. Before this thread meandered into franchises costing 25 grand and McDonalds costing only 25 grand way back when, I brought up the fact that low paying McJob type service jobs are not something to be crowing about.You said originally we are now a service economy and implied all is well economically.

Listen well Warren Buffhead, replacing displaced auto or steel or other skilled factory work with working in a laundromat is not exactly a high point of the real world effects of NAFTA.

You telling me not to worry, the GDP is rising and working 2 or 3 jobs for $7 an hour without benefits easily replaces the original skilled job is nonsense. As is buying a franchise to save the day.

hey, i covered both, you went to the Buying McDonalds, but i talked about both because you went to the bottom levil for the worker , i went to the top levil.

i could have said Management levil for McDonalds or many other levils in between. you started with the tipicle "flippers statemenmt". thats BS, since the Gov jobs are also for the taking.
i used McDonalds, only because you started with them, but you only looked at the lowest levil.
Go drive a truck for $80,000 in 1 or 2 years, easy.
or go work for local or fed levil jobs, cops, fireman etc.

no more room for factory jobs here, unless you work for Halliburton.

hcap
01-17-2008, 06:16 AM

You said..Go drive a truck for $80,000 in 1 or 2 years, easy.
or go work for local or fed levil jobs, cops, fireman etc.This is reality, Bobo. Or why do these folks not do as you suggest? Lazy liberals? Or were all truck driving jobs taken?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/us/16ohio.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1200567781-4lbLpq6kum6RG/Omdo0qyg

"Middle-aged men moving in with parents, wives taking two jobs, veteran workers taking overnight shifts at half their former pay, families moving West — these are signs of the turmoil and stresses emerging in the little towns and backwoods mobile homes of southeast Ohio, where dozens of factories and several coal mines have closed over the last decade, and small businesses are giving way to big-box retailers and fast-food outlets.

Here, where the northern swells of the Appalachians lap the southern fringe of the Rust Belt, thousands of people who long had tough but sustainable lives are being wrenched into the working poor.

The region presents an acute example of trends affecting many parts of Ohio, Michigan and other pockets of the Midwest."

....Her 20-year-old son went to college for two years, earning an associate degree in information science, but cannot find any jobs nearby. He still works at McDonald’s and lives at home as he ponders whether to move to a distant city, as most local college graduates must. Her 22-year-old son works at Burger King and lives with his grandparents — “that was his way of moving out,” Mrs. Joos said.

skate
01-17-2008, 06:38 PM
OK ok ok, if you want to attribute one, two or three (hundred) sad stories to reveal "An Econmy", fine.

But, if you want the BUFF (the-skate) to give you expert advice, all you have to do is ask.

just heard about a small trucking co., they need 6 drivers, now.

i can give you an address for a welding job, experience pays $200,000/yr.
Truching, needs no experience, starts at $100,000/yr. Those jobs include all bennys Plus, and i mean Plus.

Life is tough, nobody is talking Par-a-dice.

We (USA) just went to 5%, full employment. and we have the nerve to cry.

Lots of talk about the big"R", but NOBODY ever said (over the past 5 years) Recession FROM What?????????? Must have Been awfully Good, the past 5 years.

hcap
01-22-2008, 05:38 AM
But, if you want the BUFF (the-skate) to give you expert advice, all you have to do is ask.

just heard about a small trucking co., they need 6 drivers, now.

i can give you an address for a welding job, experience pays $200,000/yr.
Truching, needs no experience, starts at $100,000/yr. Those jobs include all bennys Plus, and i mean Plus.
We (USA) just went to 5%, full employment. and we have the nerve to cry.
Mr Buffhead, Ok we will become a nation of truck drivers and a welders! The only catch is since we are not producing goods any more, we will soon have nothing to transport and nothing to weld. Seriously you should open an employment agency in say Michigan. You will clean up giving all the displaced auto workers truck driving jobs! :lol:

Meanwhile back at the reality ranch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22764445/

"When people are losing good jobs these days, they have a very hard time getting back to the type of job they had before," said Andrew Stettner, deputy director of the National Employment Law Project, an advocacy group that presses for more generous unemployment benefits."

Maybe this lady can weld?

"But as weeks out of work stretched into months, Dixon, 41, became a fixture there. Now she can be found there on weekdays, spending untold hours at the heavily used computer bank checking out potential employers, printing job notices and e-mailing her resume.

.....Dixon estimates that she has sent out more than 100 resumes, yielding four interviews. And nobody is talking about paying her anything near the $65,000 she made in her last job. "All of my friends keep telling me, 'You'll get a job,' " Dixon said. "But that's what I thought six months ago, and I still don't have one."

Or maybe they all can buy gun cleaning franchises for $99 down and really clean up? :cool:

skate
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Economy is putting (shuuu) out $14 trillion this year alone.

Trucks, Trains and planes and Automobiles will all come to play with the-skate.

skate
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Mr Buffhead, Ok we will become a nation of truck drivers and a welders! The only catch is since we are not producing goods any more, we will soon have nothing to transport and nothing to weld. Seriously you should open an employment agency in say Michigan. You will clean up giving all the displaced auto workers truck driving jobs! :lol:

Meanwhile back at the reality ranch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22764445/

"When people are losing good jobs these days, they have a very hard time getting back to the type of job they had before," said Andrew Stettner, deputy director of the National Employment Law Project, an advocacy group that presses for more generous unemployment benefits."

Maybe this lady can weld?

"But as weeks out of work stretched into months, Dixon, 41, became a fixture there. Now she can be found there on weekdays, spending untold hours at the heavily used computer bank checking out potential employers, printing job notices and e-mailing her resume.

.....Dixon estimates that she has sent out more than 100 resumes, yielding four interviews. And nobody is talking about paying her anything near the $65,000 she made in her last job. "All of my friends keep telling me, 'You'll get a job,' " Dixon said. "But that's what I thought six months ago, and I still don't have one."

Or maybe they all can buy gun cleaning franchises for $99 down and really clean up? :cool:

Oh oh oh, yeh yeh yeh, let me think, Ok, gees us, you give me this story about Dixey Due and that's about "IT", no? "it's all about Dixie, huh?

Hey, i got one about Mary. Late 80's, she invested in a Commercial Cleaning business (10-15 grand?) and Today her gross is $80,000.
Nets her,before tax, $20,00/month. and that's in Philly not at all "a good economy".

Hey, i'll give you $500 for each and every person you can send to me (or a trucking co. of your choice) as long as they can qualify for climbing into a rig.

Hey, i can't promise to make anyone a movie star (Unless Tom wrote the script), but jobs :"we Gots" .:cool:

Cleaning starts at $15.00/hr., send me your cleaners

hcap
02-01-2008, 06:32 AM
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5deb45aa-ce7e-11dc-877a-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Skate, you are going to put all these folks to work.
I guess they all could clean each others' apartments, do each others' laundries, or clean each others' guns......

"The fact is, middle-class families have exhausted the coping mechanisms they have used for more than three decades to get by on median wages that are barely higher than they were in 1970, adjusted for inflation. Male wages today are in fact lower than they were then: the income of a young man in his 30s is now 12 per cent below that of a man his age three decades ago. Yet for years now, America’s middle class has lived beyond its pay cheque. Middle-class lifestyles have flourished even though median wages have barely budged. That is ending and Americans are beginning to feel the consequences.

The first coping mechanism was moving more women into paid work. The percentage of American working mothers with school-age children has almost doubled since 1970 – from 38 per cent to close to 70 per cent. Some parents are now even doing 24-hour shifts, one on child duty while the other works. These families are known as Dins: double income, no sex.

But we reached the limit to how many mothers could maintain paying jobs. What to do? We turned to a second coping mechanism. When families could not paddle any harder, they started paddling longer. The typical American now works two weeks more each year than 30 years ago. Compared with any other advanced nation we are veritable workaholics, putting in 350 more hours a year than the average European, more even than the notoriously industrious Japanese."

hcap
02-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey Mr. Buffhead,

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/08/business/08shop.html?_r=1&ex=1360126800&en=d0d8b847f82cbe37&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

"Wal-Mart says its shoppers are redeeming their holiday gift cards for basic items — pasta sauce, diapers, laundry detergent — rather than iPods and DVDs."

"On Thursday, the nation’s retailers turned in their worst January in almost four decades as high gasoline and food prices, the slumping housing market, tighter credit and tougher job prospects pushed some consumers to the edge."

.................................................. ...................................

I guess your employment agency, the one that will put McJob workers to work cleaning homes for $40 bucks an hour, and teach 'em to drive 18 wheelers-never mind that CDL lessons are a few grand-will have to give away spaghetti and meatball dinners to pack 'em in to da 'ole skaters agency.

Maybe you can give away free can openers so our pasta eating workers can either open up a few cans of SPAM® or Chef Boy R DEE® sphagettios.

Then they can use the freebie can openers also to open up some cans of gun cleaning polish?

ljb
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Here is another "he sure looks uncomfortable image.
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/10960/thumbs/s-BUSHMCCAIN-large.jpg

skate
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Mr. Buffhead,

"Wal-Mart says its shoppers are redeeming their holiday gift cards for basic items — pasta sauce, diapers, laundry detergent — rather than iPods and DVDs."

"On Thursday, the nation’s retailers turned in their worst January in almost four decades as high gasoline and food prices, the slumping housing market, tighter credit and tougher job prospects pushed some consumers to the edge."

I guess your employment agency, the one that will put McJob workers to work cleaning homes for $40 bucks an hour, and teach 'em to drive 18 wheelers-never mind that CDL lessons are a few grand-will have to give away spaghetti and meatball dinners to pack 'em in to da 'ole skaters agency.

Maybe you can give away free can openers so our pasta eating workers can either open up a few cans of SPAM® or Chef Boy R DEE® sphagettios.

Then they can use the freebie can openers also to open up some cans of gun cleaning polish?

Dearest Hiccups;

Why dust thou make it so easy for the-skate?

Of coarsey, people are buying whatever they must buy. They don't seem to have enough left over from their Campaign Donations, 100's of Millions.
Where oh where dust thou come from? Must be making an awful lot $$$ from some far away place, huh?

And ahh, those CDL lessons (i see you are doing your home work) DO NOT end up costing the driver, the gov and the company pay.
Oh sure you could pay, but the training is still free. like i said, ill give you $500, for every driver that stays 9mos.

Surprise, i have nodda thing to do with ANY employment. i m giving you facts, simple...

hcap
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Trucking

1-Not everyone qualifies for financing
2-Not everyone is cut out to be a "GOOD BUDDY"
3-Maybe you should call Bush and make CDL lessons part of the "stimulus package"

Cleaning Buisness

You said "Hey, i got one about Mary. Late 80's, she invested in a Commercial Cleaning business (10-15 grand?) and Today her gross is $80,000.
Nets her,before tax, $20,00/month. and that's in Philly not at all "a good economy".

1-So you think this is typical Mr Buffhead?
2-Maybe you should call Bush and make cleaning lessons part of the "stimulus package"

Can Openers

1-Opening cans is where it's at in todays economy.
2-Most people need new can openers.
3-Maybe you should call Bush and make free can openers part of the "stimulus package"

Methinks you ignore the reality and play silly games pretending economic manna is still trickling down from the 1% benefiting from of the Bush tax cuts. Voltaire would be proud of you Mr Warren "Candide" Buffhead.

BTW, Ain't no such word as "Coarsey"
And campaign donations?-- Oiy Gevalt schmendrick!

JustRalph
02-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Trucking

3-Maybe you should call Bush and make CDL lessons part of the "stimulus package"

I haven't kept up with your little bicker on this subject, but I can tell you that if you have a CDL you are going to have a job, no matter what it seems. The only thing I hear from Truck Drivers that seems to be really pissing them off is that the Mexicans are taking over the business. Including the Lizards at the Rest Stops...........

Have you seen these new trucks? I am a gadget guy and the newest trucks are neat as hell................

PaceAdvantage
02-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Here is another "he sure looks uncomfortable image.
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/10960/thumbs/s-BUSHMCCAIN-large.jpgI see you received your marching orders. Very good.

hcap
02-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Ralph, my bickering with skate concerns the loss of decent jobs in the manufacturing base, and now more and more from the white collar sector.
Skate cites anecdotal and atypical cases that are not real solutions to unrestrained globalization.

Rosy pictures are great fantasies but trickle down "vodoo" economics ain't so rosy-and hardly working as proscribed.

skate
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Trucking

Cleaning Buisness

You said "Hey, i got one about Mary. Late 80's, she invested in a Commercial Cleaning business (10-15 grand?) and Today her gross is $80,000.

1-So you think this is typical Mr Buffhead?
2-Maybe you should call Bush and make cleaning lessons part of the "stimulus package"

Methinks you ignore the reality and play silly games pretending economic manna is still trickling down from the 1% benefiting from of the Bush tax cuts. Voltaire would be proud of you Mr Warren "Candide" Buffhead.

BTW, Ain't no such word as "Coarsey"
And campaign donations?-- Oiy Gevalt schmendrick!

1) NO need to qualify. You are right back on "YOUR ASS__UMPTION AGAIN".
2) Fog on the Mirror and you qualify.
3) my mistake , when i said you did your home work. the "Good Buddy" refs to gays. So you'll get either a wink or knuckle pie.

The reality has been in existence for the past 5 years... Hello!
Now after the New congress, elected in 06, has a toe hold on control...um "it's on YOU, Good Buddy".

Take away the debt (just what the-skate said) and walla, you got Recession from (WHAT?) "THE GOOD ECONOMY". gotta recede from something,no?

Here's looking forward to the coming years. Libs got what they want, so now we dont have to listen to their crying....:jump:

skate
02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Ralph, my bickering with skate concerns the loss of decent jobs in the manufacturing base, and now more and more from the white collar sector.
Skate cites anecdotal and atypical cases that are not real solutions to unrestrained globalization.

Rosy pictures are great fantasies but trickle down "vodoo" economics ain't so rosy-and hardly working as proscribed.

Since more people are employed over the past 30 years, no need for any solutions.

The lose of manufacturing jobs has to do with "others doing the job cheaper".
People that use this application of practicallity are of the same mold that brought the jobs here in the first place, no?

If you are looking for me to keep placing more jobs (with high pay) on this site, just to prove my point....wrong.

You seem very good at coming across with an exception that doesn't hold.

Typical Liberal, you want somebody to be responsable for your shortcomings.

The people in the USA are worth Twice that of any other country. The stock market went up from 1.8 Trillion $ in 1980 , to Over $28 Trillion in value.

If you didnt take part, sorry. but if you're gonna keep crying, because you're unable to grasp, to bad , it's called FOGGY.;)

skate
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh ohj oh, trucking companys are Begging for drivers. and yes, you can pay for a CDL, but the companys will train (for a commitment) at no cost. the cost to learn is only "in time spent", just have to look a little.

Also, the gov. pays for training, county, state, etc.
keep in mind, some (?) like the job, most do not.

Many other jobs, but the older you get, you'll find yourself paying for a decent job. Mostly (imo) do to insurance cost, do to the gov give away programs over the last 50 years.

Small delivery, local, truck driving; such as DHL, UPS or Bread routes(thru purchase) are very good. The cost in very small.

hcap
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Skate, you can suggest all the minor fixes you want. The sheer numbers of the population affected by the erosion of the manufacturing base, now the transfer of IT jobs to cheap jobbers overseas, and our loss as the worlds' leading economic engine are moving our US workers into lower paying jobs-sometimes 2 to cover what 1 job did previously.

None of your suggestions will deal with the large number of displaced workers.
I have a few suggestions, but they will have to wait. Will be away for a few weeks. Meanwhile suggest your nifty ideas to Unca' George or his Unca' chainsaw. In fact cheney is going hunting again. You anywhere Texas?? Drop by and shoot the breeze :cool:

Have fun.

Greyfox
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Will be away for a few weeks.

Yes. I know. You've enlisted and are being stationed in Iraq? :lol:

hcap
02-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Actually, appropo of this discussion, a small manufacturing company that I worked for, that suffered due to overseas competition is attempting a restart. They moved south, reshuffled their market approach and some of the custom work that I did for them is needed again.

As far as enlisting, oh well when a necessary war comes along and they still take old geezers, BOMBS away! :jump:

JustRalph
02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, appropo of this discussion, a small manufacturing company that I worked for, that suffered due to overseas competition is attempting a restart. They moved south, reshuffled their market approach and some of the custom work that I did for them is needed again.

As far as enlisting, oh well when a necessary war comes along and they still take old geezers, BOMBS away! :jump:

how are you going to tolerate the red necks down south?

have fun

skate
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM

Rosy pictures are great fantasies but trickle down "vodoo" economics ain't so rosy-and hardly working as proscribed.+

Nobody says the manufacturing jobs, for the most part, are not gone, Nobody.

What the- skate says is that these jobs have been going for a long long time, since the 60s, that i recall RCA and Cat to name a few. Very good reasons for the lose of jobs
Many good jobs remain.

you say im giving a solution, wrong, what i said was "we have good jobs available". you see, that's not a solution, is it? it's is however a fact.
Everyplace you look in this country, people have more of everything, more homes , more cars , more TV, DVD PCs, on and on..., just the facts lady.:cool:

You seem to have a solution, why not tell us your answer.?