PDA

View Full Version : horse weight

skate
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
consider that the Jocks weight is regulated.

wouldn't you rather see the weight of the horse?

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
consider that the Jocks weight is regulated.

wouldn't you rather see the weight of the horse?
It is listed in their form in Hong Kong and Japan.

skate
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
when do they weigh? how long before the race.?

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
when do they weigh? how long before the race.?
Long enough before to have it printed in their racing form. Probably two days before.

bane
11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
..How do they inform if a horse is pregnet on PP's?

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 06:40 PM
..How do they inform if a horse is pregnant on PP's?
I was told by a DRF lady that it was always listed as "believed to be in foal" but I have NEVER SEEN IT.

kenwoodallpromos
11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I used to think knowing the horse's weight goian or loss between races might help, but it is spead out well over the horse. Many horses seem to have a carry weight limit but many never reach it in their races- I see some that do not do well when carrying over 121 lbs, others it may be higher.
On the other hand, maybe a bad rider is constantly pulling on the reins for balance or shifting his/her weight around too much around a turn and messes a horse up??

Robert Fischer
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I used to think knowing the horse's weight goian or loss between races might help, but it is spead out well over the horse. Many horses seem to have a carry weight limit but many never reach it in their races- I see some that do not do well when carrying over 121 lbs, others it may be higher.
On the other hand, maybe a bad rider is constantly pulling on the reins for balance or shifting his/her weight around too much around a turn and messes a horse up??

Yes you want to know if a horse lost 200 lbs since his last race. You want to know if that claimer who went from a cheap barn and is now running for a Big-Time barn has GAINED weight for his new barn -and vice versa.

I was able to ask Pat Day one time about the jockey weights vs weight added and he said it was slightly beneficial in a handicap race for the jockey to be a little bigger (less dead weight). It is a small thing to begin with, but even smaller now that today's handicapps are very light.

skate
11-27-2007, 05:06 PM
has anyone ever seen the weight of the horse?

46zilzal
11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
has anyone ever seen the weight of the horse?
go here then under Basic File structure you will see a field listing horse's weight.

http://www.horseracing.com.hk/data.htm

Pace Cap'n
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
When Remington first opened, they listed the horse's weight in the program. For a while I tried to make it a usuable factor, but soon gave up, as did Remington.

skate
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
go here then under Basic File structure you will see a field listing horse's weight.

http://www.horseracing.com.hk/data.htm

yah thanks.

cost about $600.