PDA

View Full Version : Two to Wait For at Hollywood Park

toetoe
11-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Two scratchees from this past weekend are worth waiting for:

Patch of Blue (pref. at 9f or shorter on turf), and

Council Member (sprinting on Astrodirt OR turf, it may not matter).

Fastracehorse
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I had to laugh when U called it Astrodirt - there was a track record at Holly yesterday.

fffastt

Indulto
11-26-2007, 05:05 PM

Council Member (sprinting on Astrodirt OR turf, it may not matter).Interesting label as Astroturf seems to cause MORE injuries to those performing on it.

By Mr. Greeley, Patch of Blue may be even better on dirt. Bettors may have no "Fear of Trying" without a "Whipless Jock.":jump:

toetoe
11-26-2007, 05:20 PM
WOW !! Im-PRESS-ive "Ma" Jong knowledge. Makes me proud to be an Am-ERICA-n. :(

Indulto
11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
WOW !! Im-PRESS-ive "Ma" Jong knowledge. Makes me proud to be an Am-ERICA-n. :(You're OK now-ow-ow-ow!:ThmbUp:

bigmack
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I read today the reason why CM was scratched. What would be your specoolation on the scratcharoo, Her Doctor?

Dahoss9698
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

I am curious about Council Member. Why is he one to wait for? I've seen plenty of him this year, he's pretty average, which is probably why Godolphin sold him off.

toetoe
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
mack,

A sore member ? :confused:

hoss,

If you consider him average, does that preclude his being a lock in an allowance or middling turf sprint stakes, such as the recently run heat at Hollywood Park ? I recommend watching for such as him in weak stakes, preferably with "reputation" favorites sucking much money. Allowances such as CM has been competing in are tougher than many stakes.

I hope that explains my position a bit better ?

Indulto
11-27-2007, 05:05 PM
mack,

... I hope that explains my position a bit better ?That's what one gets attempting to reach a conclusion from your posted position. ;)

bigmack
11-27-2007, 05:05 PM
mack,

Hold onto your lugnuts.

This from DRF:
Council Member was scratched from Saturday's Hollywood Turf Express because Hofmans thought the Underwood Stakes would have a smaller field. :lol:

toetoe
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
1) He's long on talent, and

2) Nobody celebrates a canceled member. :(

How about a cross-breed match race with Ron Jeremy ? In the interest of
safety, every match might be a rubber match ? Hmm ?

Dahoss9698
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
mack,

hoss,

If you consider him average, does that preclude his being a lock in an allowance or middling turf sprint stakes, such as the recently run heat at Hollywood Park ? I recommend watching for such as him in weak stakes, preferably with "reputation" favorites sucking much money. Allowances such as CM has been competing in are tougher than many stakes.

I hope that explains my position a bit better ?

You are right, I'm sure he'll be tough in an allowance race. As for the price, I'm not sure how generous it will be. Won't he be one of those "reputation" favorites?

toetoe
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
I guess what stoked this whole fire was that he was 12/1 on the m.l. for last weekend's race. :jump:

FlyinLate
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Toetoe, Council member is entered in tomorrow's 9th at Hollywood.
G3 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes.
Facing up against Greg's Gold, Im summation, and 3 others.
At a 3/1 ML do you think he is worth the play or does a horse like Greg's Gold simply outclass him? (even after his bc performance)

Burls
12-02-2007, 01:53 AM
The M/L on Greg's Gold is 8/5 and the M/L on In Summation is 9/5 while the M/L on Council Member is 3/1.
From the looks of the PPs for this race, I wouldn't be surprised if the odds on Council Member were at least 6/1 by a couple of minutes to Post Time.
So you'll have some decent odds on Council Member, toetoe.
But, I don't think I'd bet on Council Member for anything less than 10/1 here.
What do you know that we don't know here, toetoe?

Burls

toetoe
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
First, I'm still scratching my head over the scratch the other day. :confused:
Now, 3/1 is way low, I agree. I think 5/1 MIGHT be right for post time odds. I just think that rare phenomenon, WEST coast bias, is rearing its head. Before seeing the PP's, I also liked Double Action, but I now proclaim him as having ... NO shot. CM will be "absolutely FLAW-YING" late with, ahem ... Mr. Garrett Gomez. I would not insist on 10/1, but whatever your minimal price, stick to it. I think 7/2 would be a mouthwatering price ... for ME. :cool:

Burls
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm gonna keep my eye on things here.

I have a feeling that GG and IS are going to take up so much of the win pool that all of the remaining horses, including CM, are going to go up pretty high.

I'm also going to keep my eye on the exaxta pool.

Burls

Burls
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I went with a 5,6 / 1,3,5,6 EX.
A little wreckless, but let's see. ....

Burls

toetoe
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope your (5) does better than my snide "no shot" comment predicted.

toetoe
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Boy, not even Gomez could help CM. That was embarrassing. :blush:

the_fat_man
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Let see if the HOL stewards step up and make a DEFINITIVE STATEMENT AGAINST HERDING.

Burls
12-03-2007, 02:08 AM
I didn't see that one coming.

I sure got bushwacked on that bet. :lol:

Burls

The Judge
12-03-2007, 05:50 AM
The question here was wheter are not to try and beat Gregs Gold most people here said yes the public said no.

If you were going t bet against Gregs Gold today was the day. Here was a 100,000 race with a Grade 1 winner running after a bad race in the BC sprint. Quinn would say bet against today the connections are asking a question not trying to win a purse. People here got it the public missed it.

The odds on some of the other horses was lower then I expected and the $1 exacta was only $25 and change so they seem to be catching on.