PDA

View Full Version : Software Programs

City Zip
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know a good software program geared more for the longshot player?

schacht
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
i just asked a similar question a couple days ago.
i just downloaded htr ,it flags the potential longshots
and has 2 different modelers to see if your longshot has the factors that are winning currently at the track .
from what i see early on it looks like a very well written, detailed program
by Ken Massa
but i am going to get the race cards in a few days and paper bet so i will learn more has time goes on if it really can consistenly pick the longshots.
i use to use focus 2000 to pick a longshot for the super but i am looking for a more powerfull program that can pick 2 potential horses that can be in the top 4
to try to drop my bet down.
people also speak highly about The Master Magician by micheal pizzolla
but it costs i think around 1000 (correct me if im wrong) with the value tech module to pick longshots.
but im going to try HTR first because the program is free. ;)

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know a good software program geared more for the longshot player?
All programs, each and every one of them, only give relativity in handicapping terms to the user. The decision as to whether a third or fourth rated horse, at odds, is a rational wager is completely up to the user.

Tom
11-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Not true.
HTR, as schacht has found, flags different types of longshots plays, tested, verified, and updated. I t is not a case of choice 3 or 4 at all.
Schacht, you will also love the robot - the learn X function can quickly display all factor making money at a given track - which you can update daily.
Very good program for finding what is winning now, and where it is winning.

schacht
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
thanks Tom
i cant wait to build the robot and the maxvel models and see
how it does :)

Tom
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Join in over at HTR and start some discussions - be glad to offer my 2 cents.

schacht
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
i joined already

bigmack
11-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Not true
Keep those two words in permanent copy mode as they come in handy after many of Zilly's posts.

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Not true.
HTR, as schacht has found, flags different types of longshots plays, tested, verified, and updated. I t is not a case of choice 3 or 4 at all.
Schacht, you will also love the robot - the learn X function can quickly display all factor making money at a given track - which you can update daily.
Very good program for finding what is winning now, and where it is winning.
This is for all those who lack the originality to interpret in any other way than the one they are spoon fed.

bigmack
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
This is for all those who lack the originality to interpret in any other way than the one they are spoon fed.
:lol::lol:
What'd I tell ya Tom.

dutchboy
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Since you mention past use of focus 2000 you might be interested in Mountanier R10 on sunday 11-25-07 Total Pace Rating which seems to pick a lot of longshots in the top 3-4 ratings.

Of course I did not bet it.
3rd choice wins pays 74.80
Top rated horse runs second pays 23.00 to place
2nd choice runs 3rd
4th choice runs 4th
Exacta pays 656.80
Trif pays 3706
Super pays 17841.00

i just asked a similar question a couple days ago.
i just downloaded htr ,it flags the potential longshots
and has 2 different modelers to see if your longshot has the factors that are winning currently at the track .
from what i see early on it looks like a very well written, detailed program
by Ken Massa
but i am going to get the race cards in a few days and paper bet so i will learn more has time goes on if it really can consistenly pick the longshots.
i use to use focus 2000 to pick a longshot for the super but i am looking for a more powerfull program that can pick 2 potential horses that can be in the top 4
to try to drop my bet down.
people also speak highly about The Master Magician by micheal pizzolla
but it costs i think around 1000 (correct me if im wrong) with the value tech module to pick longshots.
but im going to try HTR first because the program is free. ;)

schacht
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
was the sort model the highest win% model
if not you really would have had no clue
also if they were bunched together in the rankings it would have been difficult to notice.
i would only bet using focus when the f3 was many lenghs above the field
or the f1 was many lenths above and dropping in distance.
what i like is when a horse is really strong in a main ranking and is an overlay
HTR had the 10 horse at turfway in race 10
very strong in the K ranking and the HTR ranking,which are the 2 top rankings
it was projected to win by a large number of beaten lenths too
it finished 2nd and the super was 17,000 too.
i think focus is a good program
but it doesnt focus deep enough that i would like
plus i never could ever get 2 strong horses separate in a field
i am going to try HTR and see if i can drop my bet size down and wheel more key horses when i bet the super which is the only wager i make. ;)

Tom
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
:lol::lol:
What'd I tell ya Tom.

He has no idea what he is talking about. His ignorance shows clearly here.

Tom
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
i am going to try HTR and see if i can drop my bet size down and wheel more key horses when i bet the super which is the only wager i make. ;)

There is some good discussion about tris and supers right now at HTR. This is a program that lends itself to those nicely. The non-pace ratings are very powerful and can point you to some live longshots to include.

dutchboy
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
10+ years and I have always ignored the sort models. I only keep track of the top 3-4 horses in the total pace catagory that go off at odds higher than 5-1.
Best ever may have been Turf Paradise on 11-17-07 race 6. Top total pace horse by 3.9 lengths wins and pays 137.00

Did not bet that one either.

was the sort model the highest win% model
if not you really would have had no clue
also if they were bunched together in the rankings it would have been difficult to notice.
i would only bet using focus when the f3 was many lenghs above the field
or the f1 was many lenths above and dropping in distance.
what i like is when a horse is really strong in a main ranking and is an overlay
HTR had the 10 horse at turfway in race 10
very strong in the K ranking and the HTR ranking,which are the 2 top rankings
it was projected to win by a large number of beaten lenths too
it finished 2nd and the super was 17,000 too.
i think focus is a good program
but it doesnt focus deep enough that i would like
plus i never could ever get 2 strong horses separate in a field