PDA

View Full Version : HOL Derby 2007-11-25 race 8

DJofSD
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Will class laugh at pace in today's race? Can Nobiz Like Shobiz get 10 furlongs today?

My money says no. I think NLS will not have the right stuff to be able to get the job done today. Call it post BC burn out.

If Daytona does what I expect and is pressured by Twilight Meteor and possibly NLS in an attempt to drop to the rail, it should set up the expected pace scenario. There are two runners in here that I think might be worth a couple of shekels. Both are long shots and both will be trailing early, so, there's the ever present issue of swinging out and around the faders as they enter the stretch.

Let's dutch the bet between the inside and outside runners, Warning Zone and Medici Code then see if the Marshall Law man can get first run to the wire. (I wonder what Jeff Seigel thinks about this race.)

Tee
11-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Worldly - seems to like the surroundings @ Hollywood Park. Been working steadily the last six weeks, likes to find the winner's circle.

I'll make him my selection at 8/1 on the morning line.

Ron
11-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I'll go with Ten A Penny to mow down the field in the stretch at a decent price.

toetoe
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Worldly at 21/1 becomes a play, no ?

Also, Most. Mort at 60-to-stinkin'-1 belongs in there somewhere.

Nobiz is WAY overbet, and Jean-Luc at 9/2 ? Don't make me larf. :D

Tee
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I heard throat abscess & laser surgery on TVG shortly before the race went & decided no price was right on Worldly!! :)

Worldly at 21/1 becomes a play, no ?

Also, Most. Mort at 60-to-stinkin'-1 belongs in there somewhere.

Nobiz is WAY overbet, and Jean-Luc at 9/2 ? Don't make me larf. :D

DJofSD
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow, what a disappoint. No pressure on Daytona and he gets a run that reminds me very much CJ on CW's Flawlessly. But this time around, I did not think I'd get that trip and no reward (or soup) for me!

Hey, fatman! Can we see your famous FM chart?

onefast99
11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Daytona only gets better with each and every race, solid horse in perfect form right now.

chickenhead
11-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I used the 3 and 8 in my MREs, so was quite happy with the outcome....but in regards to nobiz...is it really necessary to fly a jockey in from the east coast to go 3W-4W? It seems like they probably could have found a local to do that.

btw: Hollywood Park gets :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: from me.

bigmack
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
btw: Hollywood Park gets :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: from me.
Can you ease the fear others have put into those that haven't been there of its safety concerns?

the_fat_man
11-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Nice turf course out at HOL ---though, I've yet to get a clear trip in the few days and races that I've played. Should make for a very nice and full turf season this winter between TPA/GP, FG, and Cali.

Here's the chat.

shanta
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Nice turf course out at HOL ---though, I've yet to get a clear trip in the few days and races that I've played. Should make for a very nice and full turf season this winter between TPA/GP, FG, and Cali.

Don't forget about Tampa Bay :)

chickenhead
11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Can you ease the fear others have put into those that haven't been there of its safety concerns?

typical poor neighborhood, nothing very threatening about it. I'd have to drive through much worse to go to Candlestick, if the Niners were still worth attending.

Now, I'm sure there are parts of Inglewood worthy of the rep, possibly only a block or two off the main drag, but at least the area right around the track, and the little bit of Century Blvd. I traversed, was nothing to worry about.

Anyone thinking about it, Manhattan Beach works nicely. Stay right near the ocean, 20 minutes to the track.

Track itself: nice facilities...good seating available with Clubhouse admission (don't have to pay extra for a decent box)..free parking if you want it...nice laid back atmosphere. One thing I didn't really like was the mammoth saddling area. I see no reason you should need binoculars to find your horse when you're bellied up to the fence. It's a little strange.

DJofSD
11-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Anyone thinking about it, Manhattan Beach works nicely.

Lived there for 21 years. Grew up when stewardesses were all over the place, "Coffee, Tea or Me?"