PDA

View Full Version : Da Hippies take over Australia

JustRalph
11-24-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21945113/

This is going to be interesting. After ten years of economic growth........they are going to immediately sign the Kyoto protocol.......and a Rock and Roller in the cabinet................this should be interesting................

ljb
11-24-2007, 05:19 PM
A good sign for sure.
And more....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20071123/poland/

JustRalph
11-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Good News until the Kyoto protocol ruins their economy............ give me a break.

hcap
11-24-2007, 07:45 PM
No more Polish sausage to be served in the congressional cafeteria.
Gonna be "Freedom Sausage"

Kangaroos will be linked with terrorists or democrats on Faux, probably by O'Reilly.

Yep, we dirty pot smokin hippies will sit back and let the wold go to.....??-well you know-POT !!

That surplus guy, what was his name? Oh yeah just like that hippie Bill Clinton, did back in the dirty decrepit hippie years of the 90's

.................................................. ....................................

But ironically skate will still continue to claim there's a rising glorious conservative movement worldwide because of his unca george and mentor chainsaw cheney. For skate, it will be 1908 next year, instead of 2008.
And meanwhile everybody world wide will continue to love our wars.

robert99
11-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Great news.
Australia signed the Kyoto treaty in 1998 - what they have not done is ratify it. Their democratic vote has decided they now want to. Without Federal USA, India and China the thing is fairly pointless in any case. Their booming economy is based on mining and commodity exports to the Far East and that won't change much - "greening" machinery, power stations and cars is relatively easy to achieve, creates knowledge exports and actually saves money on oil imports.

Tom
11-24-2007, 09:38 PM
The treaty will only bring economic ruin - period. It will not save the world - becasue the world in not in any danger. Liberal nonsense is about to destroy an entire continent. RIP.....you vote for libs, you die. Simple. Liberalisn is a mental illness and it is fatal. Just look at Europe - dead for decades now.

ljb
11-24-2007, 10:09 PM
The treaty will only bring economic ruin - period. It will not save the world - becasue the world in not in any danger. Liberal nonsense is about to destroy an entire continent. RIP.....you vote for libs, you die. Simple. Liberalisn is a mental illness and it is fatal. Just look at Europe - dead for decades now.
Tom,
On what basis do you say Europe is dead ?
And what countries do you consider being part of Europe ?

Tom
11-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Brazil and Korea, of course.

ljb
11-25-2007, 12:41 AM
That's what I thought thanks.

DJofSD
11-25-2007, 09:38 AM
All of that on top of John Howard losing the election. Oh my!

hcap
11-25-2007, 11:20 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2005.png/400px-Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2005.png

Participation in the Kyoto Protocol, where dark green indicates countries that have signed and ratified the treaty. As of 25 September 2006

Now color Australia green.
The rest of the world is not stagnating. Hippies should have been listened to when 10 million demonstrated worldwide before bush invaded. We have been right all along. The non-hippies have had their way. Led by George W Churchill.

JustRalph
11-25-2007, 11:58 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2005.png/400px-Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2005.png

Participation in the Kyoto Protocol, where dark green indicates countries that have signed and ratified the treaty. As of 25 September 2006

Now color Australia green.
The rest of the world is not stagnating. Hippies should have been listened to when 10 million demonstrated worldwide before bush invaded. We have been right all along. The non-hippies have had their way. Led by George W Churchill.

None of those other countries were going to be damaged economically to the same extent as the U.S. It is a damn joke and just another tool to hurt the U.S. Thank Goodness we didn't ratify it...........

hcap
11-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Markets are going to develop much further involving alternative energy and green strategies in business and technology. As a percent of GDP, we spend very little in this regard. Other countries are taking the lead now. Considering the weakness of the dollar unless we become competitive globally, we will be left behind. Petroism is going to make way for other energy sources, green house gas controls, and conservation. Even some large multi nationals and oil companies are beginning to take this seriously.

I would think the next president will have to do more than pay lip service.
Maybe 1/2 trillion spent here on these alternatives instead of on bloated defense budgets or unnecessary wars would be the wise option

46zilzal
11-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Who is out of step? It appears a bit obvious.

Don't like it? Take the leadership role, re-evaluate it and consider a modified approach to moving toward the spirit of the protocol. To sit back and do nothing is typical.

Tom
11-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Who is out of step? It appears a bit obvious.

Don't like it? Take the leadership role, re-evaluate it and consider a modified approach to moving toward the spirit of the protocol. To sit back and do nothing is typical.

News flash...where would you rather live? Well, not YOU, but then again....:rolleyes:
The USA did not get to be the best nation in the world by marching to protocal.

Here is a question to all you dreamers out there - do you honestly think China is going to do anyting that doens't benefit China? They cannot even be trusted not to dip out children's Christmas toys in lead poison, let alone anytning else.

This GW crap is just that - crap. The world will do what it does and there is not thing one we can do about it. If you think the oceans will rise ( they have befroe, without out help) then I suggest you direct your energy into moving inland, lest you becme an example in evolution - thinnig of the heard. :lol::lol:

46zilzal
11-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Completely missing yet another point. Then that is STANDARD not exception in your case.

hcap
11-25-2007, 12:50 PM
This GW crap is just that - crap. The world will do what it does and there is not thing one we can do about it. If you think the oceans will rise ( they have befroe, without out help) then I suggest you direct your energy into moving inland, lest you becme an example in evolution - thinnig of the heard. :lol::lol:Eventually evolution favors logic, communication and SPELLING. Somehow you believe you are a master debater. And the world hangs on your 24 quadrillion wasted posts.
Thinnig the heard?? Is that like letting ear wax build up?

Yes I agree. A MASTERdeBATER

:lol:

Tom
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Completely missing yet another point. Then that is STANDARD not exception in your case.
No point missed here - just because eveyone else is wrong is no reason to follow them. You seem to think there is safety in numbers.

toetoe
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't miss the new Sean Penn/Woody Harrelson vehicle about a post-climatic-stress-disordered Mother Earth ... 'How Warm Was My Globe.' You'll leave the theatre green --- around the gills. :p

46zilzal
11-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Eventually evolution favors logic, communication and SPELLING. Somehow you believe you are a master debater. And the world hangs on your 24 quadrillion wasted posts.
Thinnig the heard?? Is that like letting ear wax build up?

Yes I agree. A MASTERdeBATER

Or maybe I heard thinly??? one never knows

Tom
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank you both for proving my point.

46, would you like me to start correcting your smis-use of grammer in your posts? I counted over a dozen this week. It would be my pleasure to help.

robert99
11-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Tom,

It was actually the Liberals that LOST in Australia.

Surprising then how the Euro started in 2002 at $ parity and is now worth $1.48.
You must have been asleep, or posting, at the time.
Time to get out your old Woodie Guthrie dust bowl recordings.

Tom
11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Time for you to take a course in monetery economics.

ljb
11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
have you traded in your loons yet ? Or is it too early ?

toetoe
11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Tom,

The only person authorized to abuse Grammer is Gramps, or maybe Kelsey's boyfriend. :eek:

And hey, is green down under really that much earthier than brown down under ? Know't I mean, mate ? ;)

Tom
11-25-2007, 10:25 PM
have you traded in your loons yet ? Or is it too early ?

The only loons I know about are here in OFF TOPICS. And too early.:lol:

hcap
11-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Could be why "Da Hippies" are looking better.....

"One by one the leaders on the world stage who put their faith in Bush and thoughtlessly did his bidding have fallen in disgrace, usually rejected by their own voters. The first to go were Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi and Spain’s José María Aznar. Then Britain’s Tony Blair was forced to surrender 10 Downing Street to his Chancellor of the Exchequer, to give Labour a fighting chance to hold a majority in the next election. In the last week, Jarosław Kaczyński, a conservative ally in Poland fell, and over the weekend, Bush’s most faithful follower in the entire pack, the veritable boot-licker John Howard of Australia. In each case, the association with George W. Bush was electoral cyanide to voters back home.

Says former German chancellor Helmut Schmidt, a man close to Bush’s father and to Henry Kissinger, in a recent interview with Die Zeit"

toetoe
11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Looking better, but that's still not saying much.

hcap
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
After this, http://www.truthdig.com/images/diguploads/bush_804.jpg

What would be bad? :rolleyes:

toetoe
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
:lol:

46zilzal
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Could be why "Da Hippies" are looking better.....

"One by one the leaders on the world stage who put their faith in Bush and thoughtlessly did his bidding have fallen in disgrace, usually rejected by their own voters. The first to go were Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi and Spain’s José María Aznar. Then Britain’s Tony Blair was forced to surrender 10 Downing Street to his Chancellor of the Exchequer, to give Labour a fighting chance to hold a majority in the next election. In the last week, Jarosław Kaczyński, a conservative ally in Poland fell, and over the weekend, Bush’s most faithful follower in the entire pack, the veritable boot-licker John Howard of Australia. In each case, the association with George W. Bush was electoral cyanide to voters back home.

Says former German chancellor Helmut Schmidt, a man close to Bush’s father and to Henry Kissinger, in a recent interview with Die Zeit"
The "Bush clone" here is in trouble as well.

JustRalph
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I heard on the news tonight that one of the participants in the Mideast peace meeting had privately told someone that there was "great progress" in day one.

Immediately after they said Cheney's heart had gone out of whack........... I guess he was a little surprised? :lol: