PDA

View Full Version : tvg

larman
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I found tvg while recovering from minor surgery. While the handicappers
certainly pick tons of losers they are amazing company.Even when my bankroll is low I cant help watching. Name me something better on t.v..

pandy
11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree with you.

jballscalls
11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree. I never bet at home so TVG for me is strictly entertainment, and i love it. As a bettor i could see how it would be frustrating when they show a race on tape delay, but i think its fun to listen to their angles and follow their tickets. I've always been anti at home betting (Go out to the track!!) so for me, TVG is great entertainment!

The Hawk
11-24-2007, 05:09 PM
I found tvg while recovering from minor surgery. While the handicappers
certainly pick tons of losers they are amazing company.Even when my bankroll is low I cant help watching. Name me something better on t.v..

HRTV.

NY BRED
11-25-2007, 09:49 AM
curb your enthusiasm

:jump:

David-LV
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
How about TVG showing a $4000 claiming race at Los Alamitos over showing a $610,000 Breeders Crown race from the Meadowlands.

How about sending nobody to the Meadowlands to cover eight Breeders Crown races on Harness Racing biggest night.

Yes as I have said before the team that runs TVG is brain dead. :bang:

blind squirrel
11-25-2007, 10:56 AM
How about TVG showing a $4000 claiming race at Los Alamitos over showing a $610,000 Breeders Crown race from the Meadowlands.

How about sending nobody to the Meadowlands to cover eight Breeders Crown races on Harness Racing biggest night.

Yes as I have said before the team that runs TVG is brain dead. :bang:

why??....because they probably had more people betting on the LOS AL race.
now,i understand it was a big race,but TVG is ruled by economics....i'm still
pissed that they dropped CHURCHILL.

JustRalph
11-25-2007, 11:02 AM
....i'm still

I think it was the other way around

David-LV
11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
why??....because they probably had more people betting on the LOS AL race.
now,i understand it was a big race,but TVG is ruled by economics....i'm still

TVG is now just running on fumes, the party is all most over for them.

Who cared about the Japan Cup that was run after midnight on the east coast.

________
David

ArlJim78
11-25-2007, 11:19 AM
TVG is now just running on fumes, the party is all most over for them.

Who cared about the Japan Cup that was run after midnight on the east coast.

________
David

I cared. In order to watch some of the top races in the world, like the Melbourne Cup, or the Japan Cup I don't mind stying up late to watch them live. I for one appreciate the TVG coverage of events like these.

David-LV
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I cared. In order to watch some of the top races in the world, like the Melbourne Cup, or the Japan Cup I don't mind stying up late to watch them live. I for one appreciate the TVG coverage of events like these.

I think that most horse players only care about making money when it come to horse racing.

If I want entertainment I live in the greatest city in the world for that, Las Vegas. :)

________
David

The Magenta Donkey
11-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I enjoyed their coverage of the Japan Cup. I was entertained and I made money at the same time. :cool:

pandy
11-25-2007, 11:46 AM
If that were true, that people only care about betting, hardly anyone would show up to watch the Derby. I know a lot of horse players and most of them enjoy betting but also appreciate racing as a sport.

ArlJim78
11-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I think that most horse players only care about making money when it come to horse racing.

If I want entertainment I live in the greatest city in the world for that, Las Vegas. :)

________
David

I have no interest in Las Vegas, I'm not looking for entertainment like that. My entertainment is to watch and wager on horse racing from my home.

David-LV
11-25-2007, 12:07 PM
If that were true, that people only care about betting, hardly anyone would show up to watch the Derby. I know a lot of horse players and most of them enjoy betting but also appreciate racing as a sport.

The Derby is only one day of racing.

The days of horse racing being a spectators sport are long gone.

Aqueduct under a beautiful fall sky yesteday drew a paltry crowd of 4712 people in a state of 16 million.

If it was not for the gambling aspect of horse racing those numbers would drop to only the people that are involved in the actual racing of the horses. :)

________
David

Tom
11-25-2007, 12:10 PM
TVG covering those international races is a great idea. Istay up when I can to wathc them, even though I am not betting them. Beside, MAtt is not on that late, so TVG is 500% better than during :58 Flat! :lol:

David-LV
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I have no interest in Las Vegas, I'm not looking for entertainment like that. My entertainment is to watch and wager on horse racing from my home.
The question is:

If you could not wager how long would you still be watching? :) :)

TVG is pure entertainment and is not for the serious horse player.

TVG really does not care about the serious player.

________
David

ArlJim78
11-25-2007, 01:00 PM
The question is:

If you could not wager how long would you still be watching? :) :)

TVG is pure entertainment and is not for the serious horse player.

TVG really does not care about the serious player.

________
David
I don't watch tvg because i think they care about the serious horseplayer. if they catered their shows only to the most serious players they would not have any ratings, I guess I don't know why that is perplexing.

You can take from it what you want. I don't watch it to be entertained or for handicapping. I simply like watching some races on my TV screen, its easier to see, a clearer picture. And as I mentioned I also like watching big international races that they offer.

look if you're totally engrossed in the hosts banter, and can't wait for their selections, then yes you're not a serious player, but I think you must realize that that is not where the big numbers are in terms of the viewing audience. when I am seriously handicapping and playing I have the mute on.

I'm sure there are some serious high end players that would scoff at wasting time reading horse racing message boards as well, but I like to do that also because I like to read the opinions of others.

toetoe
11-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Veronica Mars. :jump:

What ? Canceled ? :(

David-LV
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't watch tvg because i think they care about the serious horseplayer. if they catered their shows only to the most serious players they would not have any ratings, I guess I don't know why that is perplexing.

You can take from it what you want. I don't watch it to be entertained or for handicapping. I simply like watching some races on my TV screen, its easier to see, a clearer picture. And as I mentioned I also like watching big international races that they offer.

look if you're totally engrossed in the hosts banter, and can't wait for their selections, then yes you're not a serious player, but I think you must realize that that is not where the big numbers are in terms of the viewing audience. when I am seriously handicapping and playing I have the mute on.

I'm sure there are some serious high end players that would scoff at wasting time reading horse racing message boards as well, but I like to do that also because I like to read the opinions of others.
Excellent answer that I appreciate and somewhat agree with. :)

_________
David

Grits
11-25-2007, 01:15 PM
TVG covering those international races is a great idea. Istay up when I can to wathc them, even though I am not betting them. Beside, MAtt is not on that late, so TVG is 500% better than during :58 Flat! :lol:

HEY MATT, you read this one yet????????????:lol:

toetoe
11-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Isn't that the new Kelly Ripa show ?

TEJAS KIDD
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Tvg could care less about their ratings or any of their viewers that are just watching. All they care about is that you wager through their wagering hub.
That is how they make money. If you took away their hub they would be gone in a heartbeat.
In the early days of the network. I remember one of the hosts reading an email from a disgruntled fan from Texas. The response from the host was "What do we care about you, you're from a state that can't wager with us". I'm not sure if those were exact words but somewhere along that line. I believe that still rings true today.

Tom
11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Gee, what a grat idea here.....show more friggin' races, less "screamin' skulls" and maybe more people would put money in thier ridiculous accounts. Mine is in You Bet becasue the offer everthing I need - races and no pratter.