PDA

View Full Version : windows media player

chrisl
11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I am having a problem having video play in media player. I have windows XP,
media player 11. It will only play audio no video. I have uninstalled and re-installed the player. I still get no video. It has always worked, then one day it stopped? I have called Microsoft and Gateway. They both wanted around 75 dollers to fix this. I am trying to do this on my own. I place my bets through TVG and Xpress-bet, I have had there techs try to fix this, and no luck.. Any help would be great..Thank You Chrisl

njcurveball
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Is this a new computer? You say one day it stopped, do you play games (video games)? Do you download screensavers and such?

Have you had the same racing video working before on it?

Can you pop in a DVD and see the video?

Can you click on a music video on-line and see video?

Can you go to Youtube and see video?

I will guess the above answers and say to check your Performance settings under Tools / Options

Mine is set to detect connection speed and I buffer 20 seconds (some only buffer 5).

My video acceleration is set to None (slider all the way to the left).

On the NETWORK tab, I have RTSP/TCP checked. Multicast streams is checked. RTSP is set to Autodetect under Streaming Proxy Settings.

Same for you?

chrisl
11-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey Curve..Done it is fixed..I did exactly what you had said, and it works fine.I am so @#$% impressed. I had a service called Iyogi spend 2 hours to fix this and could not. All I can say is "WOW":jump: ....Thank You so much. Chrisl

equicom
11-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Quick, see a priest. It may be possible that you're being haunted by the spirit of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum... :rolleyes:

njcurveball
11-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Glad to help you out Chris! Good luck with your wagercapping! :ThmbUp: