PDA

View Full Version : bumper sticker play of the day

ljb
11-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Well the Detroit Lions are getting 3 1/2 points at home today against the 9-1 Green Bay Packers.
Take the points. After last Sunday's dismal display vs. the Giants the Lions will redeem themselves on national tv today.
And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

ponyplayerdotca
11-22-2007, 09:59 AM
The media has been playing up to the Jon Kitna "we're gonna win ten games this year" pre-season quote, especially the week after they won to go 6-2.

I said to myself, "has anyone actually looked at those two losses (Phil. 56-21, and Wash. 34-3) and the rest of their schedule?"

Well since then, they've dropped two straight, had -18 yards rushing in Arizona, and keep heading into the 4th quarter of games with a mere three points scored (at home vs. CHI - yes they came back to win, at WASH, and last week at home vs. NYG).

The Packers are 8-and-1. Their one loss was at home to CHI, in a game they could have also won. They are undefeated on the road, and have gone into traditionally bad stadiums for them and won - DEN., K.C., MIN., NYG.

They are getting better as the season goes on and they have a huge edge at QB today with Favre over Kitna. The Lions are on the beginnings of a long slide and will be lucky to go 8-and-8 this year. The rest of their schedule is:

vs. G.B., at MIN., vs. DAL., at S.D., vs. K.C., at G.B.

Now, I don't know about you, but at this point, I see one or two wins in that sked, and both the MIN. and K.C. games aren't easy either. That spells 8-and-8 and no playoffs yet again for Detroit.

The Packers can pretty much wrap up the division with a win today, and don't think that the short work week ahead of next Thursday's showdown in Dallas will affect them. Give the points and don't think twice about it.

The Packers will roll today at Ford Field. The Lions can't keep trying to win games from behind.

For the record, I hate the Packers. I'm a Bears fan (long suffering, especially this season!), but even I know when the Packers are having "one of those years".

Prediction: G.B. 34 DET. 17 (and it won't be THAT close)

ljb
11-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Well you left out the fact that none of the teams the Packers beat have a winning record now. Sorry about your Bears. I am a long suffering Lions fan so i now your pain. Probably should not have posted this play as some of it may have come from my Lions support but, my stats tells me it is a good play. Lions + 3 1/2

ponyplayerdotca
11-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, Detroit had Green Bay dizzy and confused in the first quarter, but then they squandered it all away. After that, it was all Packers, except for some soft cover defense in the 4th Quarter up 34-12.

The Lions can't keep falling behind and expect to come back against the tough teams they have left on their schedule.

Sorry your team lost, man. Green Bay just seems to be in the zone.