PDA

View Full Version : Rap for kids.....Is there such a thing ?

betsall
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Need to solve a problem if it's possible.

Know of a young child( grade school) that likes the beat of rap and would like some rap downloaded to listen to.

Won't allow cussing and the usually derogatory stabs at women and etc if you know what I mean.

Is there such a thing where there is rap music suitible for young kids?

I can find some rap that doesn't contain that stuff ( cussing, ho's etc )but then it will go on about kidnapping pregnant women and holding a gun to her head and etc.

headhawg
11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
My hat is off to you because you managed to find a way to tolerate that (c)rap.

Try this but it may not be what you want. Christian hip-hop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_hip_hop)

Good luck.

boomman
11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I like to consider myself pretty flexible when it comes to music, but I'm sorry:
(C)rap is not music! Do yourself a favor and see if you can find something else your child likes before they are listening to the vulgar lyrics down the road!:mad:

JustRalph
11-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I have actually come around on some of the stuff. we actually have a member on this board that has some pretty decent stuff. I don't like most of what is out there.........but some of it ain't too bad............I chalk it up to being out of touch due to my age...........but I ain't gettin any younger....

for kids........... I know a guy who's kid has this.........

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6758296/a/Kids+Rap+Radio+Vol.+1.htm

betsall
11-21-2007, 09:02 PM
My hat is off to you because you managed to find a way to tolerate that (c)rap.

Try this but it may not be what you want. Christian hip-hop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_hip_hop)

Good luck.

Hasn't gotten into the house yet so no toleration have taken place yet.

betsall
11-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I like to consider myself pretty flexible when it comes to music, but I'm sorry:
(C)rap is not music! Do yourself a favor and see if you can find something else your child likes before they are listening to the vulgar lyrics down the road!:mad:

Yep I can see that happening but not real sure I'm going to be able to control much after a certain age.

Speed Figure
11-21-2007, 09:12 PM
They can download just about all the "Clean Versions" from all the top songs on iTunes. It's funny when guys like Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci make these Gangsta movies it's called a great movie, but when a rapper takes the same movie and makes it into a song, now it's CRAP!

betsall
11-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I have actually come around on some of the stuff. we actually have a member on this board that has some pretty decent stuff. I don't like most of what is out there.........but some of it ain't too bad............I chalk it up to being out of touch due to my age...........but I ain't gettin any younger....

for kids........... I know a guy who's kid has this.........

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6758296/a/Kids+Rap+Radio+Vol.+1.htm

Wow. Checked it out and let the kid listen to see if it was good and the comment after 5 seconds was" I don't have to listen anymore, this is good and what I like ". Thanks.

betsall
11-21-2007, 09:18 PM
They can download just about all the "Clean Versions" from all the top songs on iTunes. It's funny when guys like Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci make these Gangsta movies it's called a great movie, but when a rapper takes the same movie and makes it into a song, now it's CRAP!

Ok that will give me another source, thanks.

JustRalph
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM

speak of the devil............. interesting point. making some people scratch their heads now huh? :ThmbUp:

lilmegahertz
11-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Not to bring a female point of view into the game but really, if I wanted to see the color of your underwear, I would take you home first. Am I the only one who gets the urge to give these punks an atomic wedgie when I see their boxers?????