PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodiguez MVP for 2007!

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
No-brainer: A-Rod wins AL MVP Award
All-Star third baseman nabs honor for third time in his career.

26 first place votes out of 28!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071119&content_id=2303634&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

RaceBookJoe
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I saw your other post, yes well deserved and better that Lowell is staying in Boston. Now they just need to develop some more young guys, like a catcher since I think they will move posada to 1st eventually.

GaryG
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Lowell is just what the Yanks don't need....that would have been a big mistake.

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Lowell is just what the Yanks don't need....that would have been a big mistake.

No doubt.. A TEAM guy with 3 rings who was world series mvp, yeah, he wouldn't fit in on this yankee team... Now wonder he stayed in Boston for less..

Robert Goren
11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
A-Rod post season with NYY

63 ab
2 hr
4 rbi
.238 avg
AS a yankee fan I think in terms WS rings. Mr April was none.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
No doubt.. A TEAM guy with 3 rings who was world series mvp, yeah, he wouldn't fit in on this yankee team... Now wonder he stayed in Boston for less..Lowell would have been a disaster in Yankee Stadium....those long pop ups to left that would have hit the green monster would now be caught....

BTW, the Red Sox need to keep up their team full of non-homegrown talent....did you know the Yankees have more home-grown starters on a day-in day-out basis than your beloved Red Sox....this despite the myth that the Yankees are a team full of nothing but overpaid mercenaries.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Joba doesn't have any rings either...should we give up on him too? You see how silly this whole saga is? Harnesslover is just posting this stuff to rile up Yankee fans. Ignore his worthless banter.

OTM Al
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Alex's Post Season with the Yankess should read

94 ab
4 HR
9 Rbi
15 Runs scored
with only .244 BA (.343 OBP)

Yeah the average and OBP are light, but a .300 BA would only take about 6 more hits over the 24 games, ie basically 1 hit a series. He could have helped them get farther, yes, but certainly he isn't the only one that's guilty here. For example, had John Olerud's ball not bounced into the stands in Fenway in 2004 for an automatic double, Posada scores easily in that inning and the Yanks have a 2 run lead in the 9th, not 1 and the Red Sox maybe finally get off the schneid this year instead of 2004. That is the way of baseball. All I know is that the best way to win the world series is to get into the playoffs, and that is something Alex will certainly help them do.

If you think in terms of WS rings, you sure must think Don Mattingly was lousy. Alex is one of the best players ever. You're nuts if you don't want him.

I am also glad the Yanks did not take Lowell (in fact it is questionable if there ever was an offer for him, though I'm sure there were inquiries). I like him but he is built for Fenway. He will get much stronger numbers there than if he had spent his career as a Yankee. All that said, nothing has been done yet to improve the team, though I hear there were some talks with Ron Mahay, who certainly wouldn't hurt. I expect to be stuck with Giambi platooning with Shelly Duncan at first, which will at least be interesting.....A lot of Matsui at DH may keep him a little healthier and more productive, but there is still a little age in some spots that should start really showing soon. Could still use Petitte back as well.

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow this Yankme defense of A-roid is pure comedy.. I thought this was a joke thread.

Anyone that wants to whack off to a-roid.. just remember one thing..

$27 million a year for:
17 rbi in 147 postseason at bats to go with 38 Ks

Forgive the Sox for taking lowell, a world series MVP with multiple World series rings..

JustRalph
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow this Yankme defense of A-roid is pure comedy.. I thought this was a joke thread.

Anyone that wants to whack off to a-roid.. just remember one thing..

$27 million a year for:
17 rbi in 147 postseason at bats to go with 38 Ks

Forgive the Sox for taking lowell, a world series MVP with multiple World series rings..

he carried them into the post season on his back..........you can't win the world series if you don't make the playoffs............

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 10:54 PM
he carried them into the post season on his back..........you can't win the world series if you don't make the playoffs............

So did Holliday

So did Rollins

So did Peavy

So what?

Guys a great offensive player, one of the best ever.. Defensively he's a liability, postseason he's a disappointment, heart and guts, he has little

Just not someone I would consider the best..

Give me Ortiz over him 8 days a weeks

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
BTW, the Red Sox need to keep up their team full of non-homegrown talent....did you know the Yankees have more home-grown starters on a day-in day-out basis than your beloved Red Sox....this despite the myth that the Yankees are a team full of nothing but overpaid mercenaries.

PA, you've said this about 4 times. We get it..

Unfortunately the bottom line is that in the 2001-current world, the Sox are treating the Yankmes like their bitches..

Sorry guy

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Ignore his worthless banter.

Is he still posting? All I see is his name next to a message telling me is on my ignore list. :lol:

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Is he still posting? All I see is his name next to a message telling me is on my ignore list. :lol:

Holy crap, that is :lol::lol::lol:

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
One thing I do know is that his message usually comes right after I post.

Now if that isn't considered stalking, I don't what is. :lol:

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:51 AM
One thing I do know is that his message usually comes right after I post.

Now if that isn't considered stalking, I don't what is. :lol:
OMG another good one!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

njcurveball
11-20-2007, 02:06 AM
WOW! There it is again. Magically appearing after I post! :lol:

harnessloverThis user is on your Ignore List.

OTM Al
11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Reggie Jackson, "Mr. October" in his non-World Series playoff career, so as to compare apples with apples

AB 163
BA .227
OBP .298
6 HR
20 RBI
16! Runs scored

Can anyone here honestly say that they wouldn't want Reggie in his prime? Can anyone here say that Reggie was a team player with "heart" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. Fortunately for Reggie, the rest of his team got him into the WS where he was able to do pretty well on the national stage.

Here's a great one. Ty Cobb in WS as that's all there was then.

65 AB
.262 BA
.314 OBP
0 HR
9 RBI

Wow, what a mediocre ball player. I think I'll stop now. Because if there still is no understanding, there never will be.

Oh, forgot one thing. Bob Uecker has a WS ring.

GaryG
11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, forgot one thing. Bob Uecker has a WS ring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Reggie Jackson, "Mr. October" in his non-World Series playoff career, so as to compare apples with apples

AB 163
BA .227
OBP .298
6 HR
20 RBI
16! Runs scored

Can anyone here honestly say that they wouldn't want Reggie in his prime? Can anyone here say that Reggie was a team player with "heart" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. Fortunately for Reggie, the rest of his team got him into the WS where he was able to do pretty well on the national stage.

Here's a great one. Ty Cobb in WS as that's all there was then.

65 AB
.262 BA
.314 OBP
0 HR
9 RBI

Wow, what a mediocre ball player. I think I'll stop now. Because if there still is no understanding, there never will be.

Oh, forgot one thing. Bob Uecker has a WS ring.

These lame arguments are so played out. Spin it anyway you want, A-roid shits the bed when its on the line. He's done it his whole career. He's a great regular season player, no one is debating that. Give me a Beckett, an Ortiz anyday over that choker

OTM Al
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Nj, where is that ignore thing at? I'm tired of having to avoid certain threads becasue of certain played-out and increasingly lame ranting

Never mind. I just found it. It sure makes threads shorter and much more a pleasure to read.

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey Nj, where is that ignore thing at? I'm tired of having to avoid certain threads becasue of certain played-out and increasingly lame ranting

Never mind. I just found it. It sure makes threads shorter and much more a pleasure to read.

It's also called reality Al, you should try to face it some time. You're trying to convince people that A-roid is not a choker in the playoffs. Then you go further and try to say that others were chokers too. Pick a side, stick with it.. Reality bub, reality.

OTM Al
11-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey, I'm getting stalked too!!! Why when someone is on ignore do I still get an email alert that they have posted? Hopefully I just didn't ignore fast enough. I've never felt the need to do this before, so don't really know how it works