2008 11 18 HOL Race 9

Real Quiet Stakes 1 1/16m

Times in 100ths: :24.32 :48.19 1:12.26 1:36.66 1:42.92

JustRalph
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
2008 11 18 HOL Race 9

Real Quiet Stakes 1 1/16m

Times in 100ths: :24.32 :48.19 1:12.26 1:36.66 1:42.92

if you can watch the gallop out..........it may be the most important part of the race..............

onefast99
11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
The NY bred who finished 2nd ran a nice race also. Like to see that one back in NY for the winter inner-track meet at Aqueduct.

point given
11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
if you can watch the gallop out..........it may be the most important part of the race..............

Saw the replay. Looked like a perfect rideand trip, and the horse also was checked a little on the turn, pretty professional so early on.

I'm not a big gallop out guy, what was it that you saw. ?? That he wanted to do more and go further on his own ?

JustRalph
11-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Saw the replay. Looked like a perfect rideand trip, and the horse also was checked a little on the turn, pretty professional so early on.

I'm not a big gallop out guy, what was it that you saw. ?? That he wanted to do more and go further on his own ?

he could have gone around again, no problem..............and I believe the outrider had to help the jock stop him........

I hope he stays sound.

bigmack
11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I hope he stays sound.
As do I. Speaking of which, does anyone have any scuttlebutt on the return of Magnificience?

http://www.brisnet.com/pictures/magnificience8,4-1.jpg

toetoe
11-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Colonel John ... oh, YES !!!

the_fat_man
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Don't know anything about Cal racing thus I don't know much about this horse or the others in the field. I do, however, know a perfect trip when I see one and CJ got a poster trip. And, he didn't really seem to drop anyone the last 1/16th as would be the case in an effort deserving great praise. Witness the chart.

v j stauffer
11-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Who can argue with such obvious proof? He sucks!

David-LV
11-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Who can argue with such obvious proof? He sucks!

Do you ever have anything nice to say about anybody or anything.

Try to respect other peoples opinions also and stop being so sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Just remember nobody is perfect in this world not even you.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you. :) :)

BTW: You are a pretty damn good race caller.

_________
David

v j stauffer
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Bite me.

Oh and thanks for the props.

JustRalph
11-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Bite me.

Oh and thanks for the props.

:lol: :lol:

BombsAway Bob
11-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Like COMIC BOOK GUY would say..."Best Thread Ever!"
I am going to laugh every time I think about this discussion...
Vic, you slay me!- Peace, & gobble, gobble!-Bobwww.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

v j stauffer
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Dave Dave Dave

How can I be a complete no talent? You just said you like my calls. Cmon man which is it?

It's not for me to say. But Ok what the heck I will. You might want to consider chilling out just a bit.

I view this forum and others like it as a diversion and a way to have some fun. If I'm asked a serious question I'll answer it in what I hope will be a professional manner as a represenative of the industry.

Other than that I'm just a full of crap horse player like anyone else.

I thought that graph looked kind goofy and poked fun at it. Which clearly got a bee in your bonnet enough to tell me how "you" think "I' should act and respond to others.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's probably not your place. If I or anyone else gets grossly out of line I expect the will of the posters and or the admin. will probably arbitrate that.

In the meantime. You might wanna try and get out a bit more and have some fun. Seems like you might be wound just a tad too tight.

Oh BTW thanks again for the props about my racecalls. Even if now they've been recinded.

Have a great day to all.

Should be a huge fun week at HP.

Cheers

VJS

P.S. Oh and one other thing. :) Bite Me:)

(HEY WHAT HAPPENED? THIS WAS A RESPONSE TO A POST FROM DAVE AND NOW IT'S GONE. OH WELL. YOU'LL PROBABLY BE ABLE TO SURMISE WHAT HE WROTE. ANYWAY GOTTA GO TO WORK AND MAKE SOME NO TALENT CRAPPY CALLS.)

46zilzal
11-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Be careful, differences of opinion, even when substantiated, aren't tolerated by the reactionaries....

DeanT
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
ANYWAY GOTTA GO TO WORK AND MAKE SOME NO TALENT CRAPPY CALLS.)

Well we all know you are good at those :D

I thought it was funny, btw. I laughed at loud. Not because I dismiss Fat Man's post (he makes a decent point), just because it was freaking funny.

bigmack
11-21-2007, 02:38 PM
If Fatty Arbuckle felt slighted by Vic & his question of the copyrighted:D FatChart, he could probably engage himself without the boyscouts trying to earn their good samaritan badges. Do grown men actually run around saying of others, "what a meanie?"

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/panties.jpg

Some genius:liar: asked about Magnificience in this thread; this from three weeks ago:
The brilliant 3-year-old filly Magnificience returned to the track two weeks ago, and is six weeks away from her first comeback breeze for trainer Bruce Headley. Magnificience burst onto the scene during the Santa Anita winter meet with electrifying wins in her first two starts before a chip in her left front ankle was discovered and removed in mid-April. Headley said Magnificience is galloping daily on the training track, and that she is "very smooth, she is the same Magnificience."
(DRF)

46zilzal
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Thought so, I bet on that one at Del Mar in the late 60's
STATION BREAK, 1958, Speculation- Off The Air by Macaw.

1965 Colonel John,c,*Sundown 2nd 9 96 11 12 15
DP = 12-2-13-3-2 DI = 1.78 CD = 0.59

OR,

foal of 1988 Colonel John by Pitching Wedge out of Run 'n Goldie

Robert Fischer
11-21-2007, 04:17 PM
He got a real nice trip and ran late on a synthetic surface. Pretty much all 3 of his races fit that description. He did look good doing it. Good horse. Would love for him to prep out east.

jognlope
11-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Too late to get a replay, right? I had no luck putting in horse name.

point given
11-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Do you ever have anything nice to say about anybody or anything.

Try to respect other peoples opinions also and stop being so sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Just remember nobody is perfect in this world not even you.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you. :) :)

BTW: You are a pretty damn good race caller.

_________
David

Agree with all you said, except the last one about being a pretty good race caller. :D

Robert Fischer
11-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Too late to get a replay, right? I had no luck putting in horse name.

It is on cal racing , also should be on ntra but for some reason I am having trouble with that site's archive at the moment.

v j stauffer
11-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Agree with all you said, except the last one about being a pretty good race caller. :D

Well you sucked in the Derby. So there!

David-LV
11-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Well you sucked in the Derby. So there!

I may have sucked in the Derby, but I sure did did have a nice career which I'm going to remind you about below.

At $30,000 a pop I'm sure having a lot of fun with all the girls. So there. :D

_________
David

In the first half of 2007, POINT GIVEN has sired 30 winners of 42 races, 8 Stakes Horses earning $2,274,407, including SEALY HILL-G3, GO BETWEEN, TAKEDOWN, Air Commander-G2, Winning Point-G2, Hidden Point, Point Me the Way, Point Missed.

OFFSPRING EARNINGS BY RACING YEAR
2005 $180,721
2006 $2,860,471
2007 $2,274,407 (through August 6, 2007)
Total:$5,479,976

Point Given on the racetrack:
2001 Eclipse Champion Horse of the Year
2001 Eclipse Champion Three Year-Old Colt
Won Belmont G1
Won Preakness G1
Won Travers G1
Won Haskell Invitational G1
Won Santa Anita Derby G1
Won Hollywood Futurity G1
Won San Felipe G2
2nd Breeders’ Cup Juvenile G1
2nd Champagne G1

Point Given at stud:
Point Given entered stud in 2002 and his first crop began racing in 2005.

The most dominating presence on the 2001 racing scene - nationally, globally, and historically - was Point Given. He towered over his competitors in the manner of the great ones.

The Thoroughbred Corp.'s dual Classic winner, champion 3 year old, and Horse of the Year earned $3,968,500, with nine wins and three seconds in 13 career starts. At 3, his record of six wins in seven starts, six Grade I starts, earned him Horse of the Year caliber. At 2, he was nosed out for the crown (in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile), but he did win two Graded stakes, including the Grade I Hollywood Futurity.

He is the first Thoroughbred ever to win four million-dollar races in a row.

He is one of just five horses since 1900 to win the Preakness-G1, Belmont-G1, and Travers-G1. And, for good measure, he added a victory in the Haskell H.-G1 in the midst of that string of wins.

He is a six-time Grade I winner, with five Grade I victories coast-to-coast in 2001 alone. The five are not only a museum-quality compilation of races - Preakness, Belmont, Travers, Santa Anita Derby and Haskell - but are the most Grade I races won by any horse in the world in 2001.

His Timeform rating of 133 is the highest for any American racehorse in 2001, and he closed out the year with the ultimate American honor - becoming the 11th 3 year old honored with the gold Eclipse Award, as Horse of the Year.

Historically, Point Given casts an even more imposing shadow. He annihilated his opponents in the Test of Champions, the Classic Belmont Stakes, winning by over 12 lengths in 2:26 2/5, the fourth fastest Belmont ever run. This time was faster than the last two Triple Crown winners, immortals Affirmed and Seattle Slew. And it is nearly two seconds faster than 2003 winner Empire Maker.

Then, there's the Preakness / Belmont / Travers "Triple." In the last 102 years, only Hall of Fame members Man o' War, Whirlaway, Native Dancer and Damascus achieved what Point Given did winning this trinity of races.

In his last four starts, all million dollar races, record crowds were drawn to watch the dominating horse run, including the largest ever in the history of Saratoga and Monmouth Park racetracks for his final two starts.

Daily Racing Form Executive Editor Joe Hirsch is not prone to hyperbole. Upon the announced retirement of Point Given, he wrote: "We were fortunate to have him as long as we did, and we will treasure the rich memories he left us."

And in summing up the Horse of the Year campaign for The Blood-Horse, historian Steve Haskin noted: "He was big, he was powerful, and he was handsome. A new generation of horse fans were drawn to him in much the same way past generations were drawn to other big, powerful, handsome red chestnuts Secretariat and Man o' War."

A superior physical specimen with scope, grace and a dominant presence, Point Given has that all-important but all-too-rare factor in stallions - box-office appeal backed by good bone.

He is from the second crop of dual Classic winner Thunder Gulch (http://www.horsehats.com/ThunderGulch.html), who has emerged as a leading source of Classic horses worldwide. Thunder Gulch sired a Breeders' Cup winner from his first crop, and Preakness, Belmont, and Coaching Club American Oaks winners in his second. With just three crops racing, Thunder Gulch was America's Leading Sire.

This is a branch of the Mr. Prospector line that appears to be breeding on in the manner of Fappiano and Unbridled - the Classic way. If any horse of recent times reminds us of Point Given, it is the late, great champion Unbridled.

To add even more lustre to Point Given's pedigree, his dam was voted Broodmare of the Year for 2001.

Befitting such a champion, Point Given was bred to a stellar book of 104 mares his first year at stud. He was a leading freshman covering sire at Keeneland, and one of the first mares offered in foal to him brought $525,000. His first crop were yearlings in 2004.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Hey, since this thread is no longer about Colonel John, it be closed now....