PDA

View Full Version : so long Barry

ddog
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Indicted for perjury.
Does he get to go into the hall in his upcoming new uniform?

harnesslover
11-15-2007, 10:41 PM
What a year coming up.. Barry POS Bonds going to prison, Michael POS Vick going to prison, OJ POS SImpson going to prison.

Merry xmas to all and....

JustRalph
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Anybody hear Stephen A. Smith on ESPN tonight? It's just another case of the U.S. Government going after black men in America. He ranted about Mike Vick and Barry Bonds being persecuted. I guess lying to the Feds only gets prosecuted when it is a black person.

I guess he never heard of Scooter Libby or Martha Stewart

Tom
11-16-2007, 07:29 AM
All those years as a power hitter, he may be spending the next few as a "catcher!" :eek::kiss:

ezrabrooks
11-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Anybody hear Stephen A. Smith on ESPN tonight? It's just another case of the U.S. Government going after black men in America. He ranted about Mike Vick and Barry Bonds being persecuted. I guess lying to the Feds only gets prosecuted when it is a black person.

I don't get Stephen Smith. Does anybody enjoy a good Smith segment? I might be missing something, but I don't find him entertaining at all...no matter what the subject, or whether I agree with him or not.

Ez

ddog
11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't get Stephen Smith. Does anybody enjoy a good Smith segment? I might be missing something, but I don't find him entertaining at all...no matter what the subject, or whether I agree with him or not.

Ez

he is boring as anyone i have seen or heard.
tired 60's type .....

harnesslover
11-16-2007, 09:08 AM

How can you even take Steven A Smith seriously? He's an ass clown. He brings nothing to the table and his only angle is the jaded black man injustice thing. Gets old.

Marshall Bennett
11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey !! I beleive Barry's uniform should hang in the hall , right next to his prison uniform !! All the others ( and there are many ) should be sought out and brought to justice as well !! Seems like bowling and golf are the only safe sports for our kids anymore , at least if they're basing their future on it .

shanta
11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
All those years as a power hitter, he may be spending the next few as a "catcher!" :eek::kiss:

:lol: :lol:

JustRalph
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM

you are bad Tom. I am wondering what he is going to look like in about five years..........all the stress and the inevitable shrink that is going to occur.........should be interesting to see..............

ddog
11-16-2007, 09:29 PM
you are bad Tom. I am wondering what he is going to look like in about five years..........all the stress and the inevitable shrink that is going to occur.........should be interesting to see..............

don't know if it will be shrinking up so much as puckering up.

after all one can get all the really primo stuff in prison!

:eek:

kenwoodallpromos
11-16-2007, 11:39 PM
As proof he took steroids, the Giants equiptment guy said his shoe size went from 10 1/2 to 13!!

JustRalph
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702/gallery.bonds.legends/content.1.html?bcnn=yes

DJofSD
11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
You know, they never got Al Capone for his real crimes. They only were able to send him to the slammer for tax evasion. Looks like something similar will happen here.

harnesslover
11-18-2007, 09:15 PM
As proof he took steroids, the Giants equiptment guy said his shoe size went from 10 1/2 to 13!!

Ken, I always thought you were a big supporter of Bonds roids being speculation and not factual. You changed your tune?

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Ken, I always thought you were a big supporter of Bonds roids being speculation and not factual. You changed your tune?
You mean that guy that USED to play for the Giants? I always said he probably used the stuff, but it was never proven. We may yet see proof, especially if Sheffield testifies against him. If convicted of any of the charges I do not want him voted into the HOF.
And he is the first guy I have ever heard of where the foot gets longer with steroids!!

JustRalph
11-19-2007, 06:42 AM
are you kidding ken? Name me someone who's hat size grew a half inch after they were 30 years old? I asked my doctor about it and he laughed hard and then explained to me that it had to cause stresses on his neck and skull........

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 09:25 AM
You mean that guy that USED to play for the Giants? I always said he probably used the stuff, but it was never proven. We may yet see proof, especially if Sheffield testifies against him. If convicted of any of the charges I do not want him voted into the HOF.
And he is the first guy I have ever heard of where the foot gets longer with steroids!!
So while he was a Giant, Giants fans should have blind faith that he was clean?

That's taking fan-dom to new heights..

I Love the Phillies, but in 1993 when Lenny Dykstra came in about 40 lbs bigger, all muscle, I was cheering every homerun all the way to the world series, but I also knew he was juiced.

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
There is some confusion in this thread about steroids. Steroids cannot make your feet or head grow. No one is saying he is innocent of steroid use, but the "smoking gun" here is not any indication he used steroids.

Bonds is a known user of HGH (Human Growth Hormone). That is the probable cause and there is no rule in baseball banning it as of today. Many players are still using it. They are working on a test for it now.

Below is an excerpt from Game of Shadows (a good read on this)

For his part, Murphy could document Bonds' physical changes via the changes in his uniform size. Since joining the Giants, Bonds had gone from a size 42 to a size 52 jersey; from size 10 ½ to size 13 cleats; and from a size 7 1/8 to size 7 ¼ cap, even though he had taken to shaving his head. The changes in his foot and head size were of special interest: medical experts said overuse of Human Growth Hormone could cause an adult's extremities to begin growing, aping the symptoms of the glandular disorder acromegly.

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
The indication he used steroids is in his performance, period. There were 2 clear cut indications of steroid use.. His bat speed the year he hit 70+ was out of this world - steroids would increase bat speed and hand/eye coordination.

Additionally, he was hitting homeruns at the end of the year at an alarming rate - steroids help you recover quickly from wear and tear and they also allow you to work out longer and harder.

Look at any of the 3 - Mcgwire, Bonds, Sosa and you will see what they did at the end of the year, playing like they just woke up in March. While most players are dragging through the dog days and rigors of 140+ games, these 3 looked like they were just hitting their stride.

JustRalph
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
NJ, agreed.........but it speaks more to the fact that the records today are all fake...............not to mention the reason there is no rule against HGH is that they can't develop a good test for it..................yet............

The government says it has proof.......he took steroids..........should be interesting to find out what it is.......they have been speculating all week on ESPN............

GaryG
11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
It isn't just Bonds for sure....it is a whole generation of players. He is taking the heat because he is such an asshole....pure and simple. Even so, if he had told the truth when he was granted immuniy he wouldn't be villified to this extent.

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
NJ, agreed.........but it speaks more to the fact that the records today are all fake...............not to mention the reason there is no rule against HGH is that they can't develop a good test for it..................yet............

The government says it has proof.......he took steroids..........should be interesting to find out what it is.......they have been speculating all week on ESPN............

Bottom line is that whether he took HGH or not or whether his records are tainted by roids, he lied to a grand jury and they apparently have evidence that he lied. He is in DEEP SHIT.

Not to mention there is tax charges too, and they love when you have their money.

Get used to "Hey Bonds, I am going to Barry my **** in your ***"

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
It isn't just Bonds for sure....it is a whole generation of players. He is taking the heat because he is such an asshole....pure and simple. Even so, if he had told the truth when he was granted immuniy he wouldn't be villified to this extent.

But don't forget, a reporter spent months in jail for not ratting him out. So Bonds has ruined a lot of people's lives, not just his.

And all this cause he was jealous of all the press and love that Mcgwire was getting. Hope it was worth it, inmate #854897384783

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 02:22 PM

I dont see what the speculation could be since Balco did their own blood testing. Obviously they have Balco records in custody showing what was in his blood.

Anderson better get some nice payola for keeping his mouth shut and spending a year in jail rather than giving them a few words confirming what was in the cream and the clear.

The problem I have with this whole thing is that baseball is not the Supreme Court. They have their own rules and Bonds did not break any of them.

It is very similar to someone saying that so and so drinks all the time and then drives. Probably lots of people know that, but you cannot just take away their license because other people say so.

And I am sure if it were someone (anyone) on this board, their first response would be there are many other people doing it, why are you singling me out?

Mcguire had Andro in his locker in plain sight when he gave an interview. Many players from the decade before had amphetamines and assorted other "colored" pills in their lockers.

Do you think Jorge Julio is pitching better now without the juice? Most people would say WHO?

Bonds was also granted immunity for his testimony and now will be prosecuted for lying under oath.

How similar is this to a President who was a known womanizer (which we all seemed to overlook) but almost was impeached due to a woman keeping a dress with his stain on it?

Before everyone hear locks him up and tosses the key, there is a judicial system and due process where they have to present evidence.

Don't be surprised to find this case not going the way everyone here thinks it will.

harnesslover
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=njcurveball]

Bonds was also granted immunity for his testimony and now will be prosecuted for lying under oath.

QUOTE]

I am no lawyer, but even if you are granted immunity, you will still be prosecuted for lying under oath.

Being granted immunity is not a free pass to lie. Not sure where you are getting this ludacrous information.

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Here is the literature for what he is charged with, for those who are interested.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1115072bonds1.html

It is sad the main charge against him is basically lying and that carries a heavy penalty since it was under oath.

If you follow along with the questions, it is clear to see that the lawyer knew what he was asking and pretty much baiting Bonds to either say he did it (and face the baseball consequences) or say he did not do it and face whatever legal consequences down the line.

If only this country were this diligent about politicians who lie under oath (I can think of one recent President), this world might be a better place. :ThmbUp:

ddog
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I dont see what the speculation could be since Balco did their own blood testing. Obviously they have Balco records in custody showing what was in his blood.

Anderson better get some nice payola for keeping his mouth shut and spending a year in jail rather than giving them a few words confirming what was in the cream and the clear.

The problem I have with this whole thing is that baseball is not the Supreme Court. They have their own rules and Bonds did not break any of them.

It is very similar to someone saying that so and so drinks all the time and then drives. Probably lots of people know that, but you cannot just take away their license because other people say so.

And I am sure if it were someone (anyone) on this board, their first response would be there are many other people doing it, why are you singling me out?

Mcguire had Andro in his locker in plain sight when he gave an interview. Many players from the decade before had amphetamines and assorted other "colored" pills in their lockers.

Do you think Jorge Julio is pitching better now without the juice? Most people would say WHO?

How similar is this to a President who was a known womanizer (which we all seemed to overlook) but almost was impeached due to a woman keeping a dress with his stain on it?

Before everyone hear locks him up and tosses the key, there is a judicial system and due process where they have to present evidence.

Don't be surprised to find this case not going the way everyone here thinks it will.

this is a federal rap as I recall.
Something this high profile is make or break the career kind of deal for a US Atty.
As I recall they get you in about 95% of these deals.
Pretty stiff odds for BarryB I would say.

We will see....

njcurveball
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Pretty stiff odds for BarryB I would say.

We will see....

I doubt anyone on this board thinks it is worth 6 million to prove he lied. The Federal case is basically the samples with BB and Barry B on them.

I would be the first to sit in the jury room and say I know the guy is guilty as sin, and then say you know what, WHY do they have such a hard on for this guy when their own report said over 100 players tested positive.

Are they going to spend 600 million to catch each and every one of the others?

ddog
11-19-2007, 11:39 PM
I doubt anyone on this board thinks it is worth 6 million to prove he lied. The Federal case is basically the samples with BB and Barry B on them.

I would be the first to sit in the jury room and say I know the guy is guilty as sin, and then say you know what, WHY do they have such a hard on for this guy when their own report said over 100 players tested positive.

Are they going to spend 600 million to catch each and every one of the others?

Nope, just put the fear of .... into them.
Maybe a cost effective project on that basis.
He had immunity, just not right to lie about "it".

Becasue someone else gets away with it doesn't excuse it.

Harsh? Maybe, I guess.
I would not mind one way or the other really.
other than the "example" of it I would not want to see him doing time , he will probably get parole anyway if convicted as long as no dogs are involved.

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:55 AM

Sadly, some idiots on this board do not get this concept..

Quite comical if you ask me

njcurveball
11-20-2007, 02:04 AM
WOW! There it is again. Magically appearing after I post! :lol:

harnessloverThis user is on your Ignore List.

Dave Schwartz
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
So, my wife hurt her back a couple of days agao and a friend offered her some medication... muscle relaxer and a steroid.

This morning the Giants invited her to spring training for a tryout.

:lol:

Dave

GaryG
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Wasn't he supposed to surrender to federal marshals? What a great sight to see him doing a perp walk in cuffs.

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Wasn't he supposed to surrender to federal marshals? What a great sight to see him doing a perp walk in cuffs.

Apparently he had 3 weeks to do it, since he is not a 'threat to society'..

Bonds in cuffs, Vick in prison, it's like an early Xmas present.

Bonds is simply a dick, horrible individual and stupid (to lie under oath).

Vick is an absolute scum of the earth piece of shit who, for all I care, could die tomorrow.. Yes I am jaded cause I am a dog owner and to hear the things he did to those dogs is reprehensible.

Ok, I'm done my rant.

GaryG
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Vick is an absolute scum of the earth piece of shit who, for all I care, could die tomorrow.. Yes I am jaded cause I am a dog owner and to hear the things he did to those dogs is reprehensible.Since I have friends in the area I look at the Atlanta Journal occasionally to see what is going on. After the indictments came out many of the Falcon fans still loved him. They thought he was getting the shaft because of his race. "Lots of love for him in The A". Screw em....he deserves worse than he is getting. I love dogs as well.

ddog
11-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Since I have friends in the area I look at the Atlanta Journal occasionally to see what is going on. After the indictments came out many of the Falcon fans still loved him. They thought he was getting the shaft because of his race. "Lots of love for him in The A". Screw em....he deserves worse than he is getting. I love dogs as well.

why not let the guy keep playing and make him donate 95% of his salary to ASPCA or whatever,plus the old community service deal.

I think the guy doesn't need to get the football death penalty for it.
Whatever happened to redemption,repentance?

I bet 100.00 he is "reformed" now!

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
why not let the guy keep playing and make him donate 95% of his salary to ASPCA or whatever,plus the old community service deal.

I think the guy doesn't need to get the football death penalty for it.
Whatever happened to redemption,repentance?

I bet 100.00 he is "reformed" now!

I think it remains to be seen what his NFL penalty is. He hasn't yet been suspended, no need to since he'll be in prison for a while..

If he gets a few years in prison, I personally think it's fair. You can never make him pay like he should for what he did to those dogs, but prison for a few years is a nice start.

ddog
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I think it remains to be seen what his NFL penalty is. He hasn't yet been suspended, no need to since he'll be in prison for a while..

If he gets a few years in prison, I personally think it's fair. You can never make him pay like he should for what he did to those dogs, but prison for a few years is a nice start.

hadn't the Falcons allready filed civil(?) case to get all his upfront contract money back?

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
hadn't the Falcons allready filed civil(?) case to get all his upfront contract money back?

yes, but I believe that was strictly financial. Nothing about a suspension.

If he does come back he's going to have to find a team to take him though. Talk about a PR nightmare

ddog
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
yes, but I believe that was strictly financial. Nothing about a suspension.

If he does come back he's going to have to find a team to take him though. Talk about a PR nightmare

Maybe he can QB for the first overseas NFL team.
There has to be some country that doesn't care much for dogs.
Vietnam maybe?

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe he can QB for the first overseas NFL team.
There has to be some country that doesn't care much for dogs.
Vietnam maybe?

There's a lot of Chinese Food in China.. Too bad he didn't abuse cats.

GaryG
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
If he does come back he's going to have to find a team to take him though. Talk about a PR nightmareThe Raiders if Al Davis lives that long. Can't imagine any others.

harnesslover
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
The Raiders if Al Davis lives that long. Can't imagine any others.

Well since they just spent a big chunk of cash and a 1st round pick on their QB of the future, I doubt it.

ddog
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Well since they just spent a big chunk of cash and a 1st round pick on their QB of the future, I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Al Davis is running some dogfights, that guy is out of it now I think.

He used to be sharp it seemed in the old Madden days, even Flores for awhile, but now, man that team has been a joke for a long time.

njcurveball
11-20-2007, 02:46 PM

I totally agree with you here. But when the tests show there are over 100 players using steroids and they do not punish players like Gary Sheffield, who gave the same answer.

"Yes I used the cream, but did not know it contained an illegal steroid."

Just begs the question why they have such a hard on for Bonds. It is obvious to see someones agenda.

njcurveball
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM

The NFL suspended Vick indefinitely (meaning he will have to beg to come back).

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/24/michael.vick/index.html

Frankly I don't see him ever taking another snap in the NFL. But there is always the Canadien Football League! :ThmbUp:

ddog
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I totally agree with you here. But when the tests show there are over 100 players using steroids and they do not punish players like Gary Sheffield, who gave the same answer.

"Yes I used the cream, but did not know it contained an illegal steroid."

Just begs the question why they have such a hard on for Bonds. It is obvious to see someones agenda.

I would agree with that to some extent.
The big fish is easier to see and he is the biggest.

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Ok, I'm done my rant.Not likely...

harnesslover
11-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Not likely...

Oh now you are a supporter of Michael Vick and Barry Bonds?

Or is this just another case of you trying to take a shot at me?

Gotcha