PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article

fmhealth
11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
This one is certainly worth a read.http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=plonk_jeremy&id=3110380

JustRalph
11-16-2007, 03:01 AM
I have actually spoken to people who were considering a documentary type of show on handicappers, and this was over two years back. They tell me the racing industry is against it. They don't want what Plonk is proposing. The first time some guy can't make the mortgage payment a "concerned" Congressman might decide to step in and use it as a weapon against the industry.

Big Bill
11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
JR,

I agree with your comments. Those jerks in Congress are probably looking for something "easy" to push through since they can't get anything of any substance passed.

Do you have a new email address since your last move?

Big Bill

The Hawk
11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I have actually spoken to people who were considering a documentary type of show on handicappers, and this was over two years back. They tell me the racing industry is against it. They don't want what Plonk is proposing. The first time some guy can't make the mortgage payment a "concerned" Congressman might decide to step in and use it as a weapon against the industry.

And they should. Plonk was moving in the right direction until he used the phrase about missing mortgage payments. Unfortunately, that's how a lot of people view horseplayers. It suggests desperation, recklessness and delusion. Meanwhile, do you know any competent player in that position? There are more than enough smart, analytical and successful horseplayers around to change our image. That's who we should be promoting.

Does the liquor industry promote the refined, social drinkers or the guys drinking oil cans in the park?

JustRalph
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
JR,

I agree with your comments. Those jerks in Congress are probably looking for something "easy" to push through since they can't get anything of any substance passed.

Do you have a new email address since your last move?

Big Bill

Hey Bill!!

same old address............I will hit you with a PM. I have been getting some stuff from you......... I think........... I will check! Hope you are doing well

now , back to the thread!!!

TEJAS KIDD
11-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I wrote something similar to Plonks article in a post earlier this week.(I think my LIVE BANKROLL TOURNAMENT thread). I am in total agreement with Jeremy. Television poker has boomed because of the "characters". There are plenty of characters at the track. We'll all agree on that.

Semipro
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I wrote something similar to Plonks article in a post earlier this week.(I think my LIVE BANKROLL TOURNAMENT thread). I am in total agreement with Jeremy. Television poker has boomed because of the "characters". There are plenty of characters at the track. We'll all agree on that.
You make a valid point there and yes there are plenty of characters at the track so how do we convince Espn that it's a marketable idea.

TEJAS KIDD
11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
You make a valid point there and yes there are plenty of characters at the track so how do we convince Espn that it's a marketable idea.

I'm working on it. Slowly.