PDA

View Full Version : Writer's strike

ceejay
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ55Ir2jCxk

Maybe I'm crazy but with one side wanting 4 cents/dvd and the other at 8 cents I see room for a compromise.....

JustRalph
11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Too late...........today the Writers Guild blamed the rancor on "Rush Limbaugh" and "Hannity and Colmes" I guess Glenn Beck was busy........... :lol:

Tom
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I could see giving more to the camera people the make up people, the directors, the costume people, the set designers, the sound crew, the grips, anyone but the writers. Without all those other people, all you have is a BOOK.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Remember the one about the really dumb girl who went to Hollywood hoping to become a star?

She ****ed the writer!

ceejay
11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I could see giving more to the camera people the make up people, the directors, the costume people, the set designers, the sound crew, the grips, anyone but the writers. Without all those other people, all you have is a BOOK.Yeah. From what I've heard writers make about $7500/episode for a sitcom. Hard too feel too for someone making $150K/yr and striking for more.

Tom
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
As they put thier jack booted feet onto the necks of other hard working people who will only suffer through the strike and get no benefit from it.
I hope the studios SQASH the Writer's Guild into oblivion.

njcurveball
11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
So we squash the writers and their enormous $150k salaries! My goodness how greedy can they be?

Then we sit back and watch reality TV, because the actors making 1 million an episode to read their scripts cannot work.

Dancing with the Stars, Cooking with the Stars, Going to the Mall with the Stars, Karate with the Stars.

Woo Hoo! I cannot wait till they put those nasty writers in their place! :lol:

Tom
11-15-2007, 12:50 PM
How greeday can they be?
Go ask any of the other people out of work, not getting paid, and with no hjope of sharing in residuals when all is said and down. How much strike pay are the writers sending in to help these folks.

ANY disptick who goes out on strike a greedy bastard. Period.
Make other people pay for your cause and throw no bones to help them out. Right. Fair minded people. Screw the writers. Like they are screwing a lot of other people.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Is the striking line of picketers in front of the door called "The Writers' Block"?

ceejay
11-15-2007, 01:16 PM
http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2577

a new poll from Pepperdine University shows that 63% of the American people support us and only four percent support the conglomerates. I have to wonder how that poll question was phrased.

The public supports us. One small example: yesterday, a middle-aged man who had come all the way from Michigan with his wife and children showed up at Paramount studios for the day. But when he saw the writers, he told them he was a member of a mechanics union and has never crossed a picket line in his life. They refused to go in. I wonder if the mechanic would have crossed if he knew writers' pay?

I have no dog in this fight myself......

Steve 'StatMan'
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
So they travelled all the way to Hollywood from Michigan and never got to see how they make movies/t.v. shows. Allrighty then. :rolleyes:

njcurveball
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2577

I have to wonder how that poll question was phrased.

I wonder if the mechanic would have crossed if he knew writers' pay?

I have no dog in this fight myself......

I am missing your point here, if the writers are not sharing in the extra revenue, isn't it going to the millionaire actors and billionaire studio heads?

If the writers get more money, how much do think these millionaires will suffer?

People are content for Jennifer Aniston to get 1 million per episode (plus residuals), but if these guys get $10,000 more it pisses you off?

Tom
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't care how much Jenifer makes, as long she doesn't step all over the little people to get it. I am not "for" the studios, I am against the writers.
To the many more people getting screwed in this, the WGA is like the powerful studios by comparison. I have a problem with people making 150,000K hurting peple who make far less so they can get more. I am against strikes at all levels. Innocnet people always foot the bill for strikers. it's not like the old sweatshop days when strikes for saftey and quality of life were tolerable.
A few years back, when GM boys walked off the job, the first thinkg that happened in my company (then) was 250 people stopped getting a paycheck. I assure you, none of the made what one writer makes. Multiply this by thousands of factories all over the world - not my version of fair.

ceejay
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I am missing your point here, if the writers are not sharing in the extra revenue, isn't it going to the millionaire actors and billionaire studio heads?My point is there's enough $ to go around. They should be able to settle.

My other point in my last post is that poll results relate to how questions are phrased.

Not pissed off. No dog in this fight.....

njcurveball
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I I am against strikes at all levels. .

I guess you cannot bet Mountaineer, Balmoral, Philly Park, or the many others who had strikes then, right?

Stick to your guns now! Don't give those greedy people your money! :ThmbUp:

SCSAYS
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Suprised fatboy Michael Moore hasnt weighed in to support these overpaid money stealers.

Tom
11-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I guess you cannot bet Mountaineer, Balmoral, Philly Park, or the many others who had strikes then, right?

Stick to your guns now! Don't give those greedy people your money! :ThmbUp:

As usual, you missed the whole point. Consistency is always appreciated. Thank you.

njcurveball
11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
ANY disptick who goes out on strike a greedy bastard. Period.

I haven't watched a full game since the strike. Have no plans to ever do sa again. This year, did watch a single inning. When the bastards walked, they told me they didn't give a shit about me. Now, I could give a shit about them.

Yup! I love consistency! :ThmbUp:

Tom
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Sounds consistent to me - screw the ballplayers - over paid babies.
I was rooting for the OWNERS.