PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns have no violence either.

46zilzal
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
"Many Baghdad residents say that the claims of reduced violence can be tested only when the refugees go back home. Many areas of Baghdad that were previously mixed are now totally Shia or totally Sunni. This follows the sectarian cleansing in mixed neighborhoods by militias and death squads. On the Russafa side of Tigris River, al-Adhamiya is now fully Sunni; the other areas are all Shia. The al-Karkh side of the river is purely Sunni except for Shula, Hurriya and small strips of Aamil which are dominated by Shia militias."

"And as with Baquba and other violence-hit areas of Iraq, he says a part of the story in Baghdad is that there is nobody left to tell it: ”Most of the honest journalists have left.”

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IK14Ak03.html

Tom
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Do you look for the dark cloud inside every silver lining?
What a negative old man you are!
Are you Dingy Harry?

bigmack
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM

Like the ilk he swims with he hasn't the slightest clue that he high steps amongst the bosh fed to him. An original thought is downright impossible within his clan.

Bad news to the good guys is good news to his camp and so too, good news is bad... they just haven't proclaimed their side by saying "I want you to lose".

Zilly & his sort walk in a boxed world devoid of free thought preserving a myopic view far from free thinking.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/manrun.gif

ddog
11-14-2007, 11:22 PM
What a negative old man you are!
Are you Dingy Harry?

there is a certain logic to doing just that.
the dark clouds are the ones that spawn storms.

I root for things to look good and us to be able to pull a large portion of our forces out and the Iraqi to take over more of whatever type of fighting there is to be done, but as in Afghanistan, to claim everything good that happens as the end of the beginning is setting yourself up for a shock in all probability.

Let's just see what plays out without all the grand proclamations of great things happenning there.

They , whoever they are, are not going anywhere, and there is no shortage of theys there.