PDA

View Full Version : Media Player 10

kitts
11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I use two browsers (MSIE7 and NS7.2) and I have installed Media Player10. On NS I need not make any changes to download a .wmv file from a website. I cannot on MSIE-I continue to get Error COOD1198 and I make the recommended changes under "Tools/Options/Network" and MSIE still will not download. I need to "Save Target As" and watch it as a standalone. No matter what changes I make, NS works first time very time. Any Ideas?

bigmack
11-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Error COOD1198 is a cannot connect to the server issue. Perhaps you have a firewall that is preventing the connection in IE.

Push comes to shove & uninstall 10 and grab 9.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/previousversions.aspx

skate
11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
not sure, but if you are dnld from tsn, they make adjustments which could throw you off track.

might depend on what you are using, XP, Vista etc.

to me, it seems that they are making adjustments in order to keep up with new methods of security.

kitts
11-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I did not get the error code on my "old" version of MSIE, just when I upgraded to V7. I have XP, SP2 with the paid for version of Zone Alarm but no other Firewall. I think it is a MS security thing but have not been able to resolve. I can continue to use NS and/or "save target as" and standalone. Interesting to note that when I get email on NS with a wmv attachment I get errors (not the same one) and so do the save thing to watch standalone. I think I will continue to use both browsers with NS the default. Thanks for the replies.