PDA

View Full Version : Helfman Formula / R.A.M. Software ?????

gallahadion
11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Anyone have any experiences with either the Helfman Formula Software or R.A.M. Software?

donut_baker
11-11-2007, 01:47 AM
I have used the helfman formula with little or no success. You are better picking numbers out of a hat. For the same money you can get equism 5.0. Which is alot better program for a fraction of the cost. Alot of pa members are very satisfied using this program. It cost less than $200 which is the best bargain in handicapping software. This is my unbiased opinion from years of searching for a good quality program.If you really want the helfman formual wait till someone sells it on ebay under handicapping.Take it from me don't spend $395 for this program.

banacek
11-11-2007, 12:58 PM
For the same money you can get equism 5.0. Which is alot better program for a fraction of the cost.

Funny, the last couple of days I was just tinkering around with Equisim 3.5, which I haven't used for couple of years. I am currently throwing a years worth of data into it. If you had it back then, can you tell me how it has changed - new features etc. -and whether you think it would be worth my while to upgrade. Thanks!

Donnie
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Would be interested as well....purchased a couple years ago, but never got to the point of using it beyond installation....my Adult ADD was kicking in

gallahadion
11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I did a search on google for Equism 5.0, nothing but beer stuff comes up and a few posts back to this site, who markets this software? Is donut baker the only one that has had any experience with the ones I originally asked about?

chrisl
11-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Equisim site is www.thorotech.com (http://www.thorotech.com) You will be very pleased with ES. It has a very good support group forum. Also a very powerful program..Feel free to pm me on any Q's on ES..chrisl

andicap
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I used Equisim before switching to HTR and have nothing but good things to say about Nathan who programs ES. I switched because I didn't like using BRIS/TSN figures as my basis for handicapping. I don't know if he still uses only BRIS. I just before HDW (and pacefigures.com) to BRIS/TSN.
But the program is a good one.

gallahadion
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I switched because I didn't like using BRIS/TSN figures as my basis for handicapping. I don't know if he still uses only BRIS.

I checked them out and they use the BRIS and TSN. I like the BRIS files, I think they are the best figures you can get out there so I'm seriously looking at Equisim.

thanks.

headhawg
11-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I checked them out and they use the BRIS and TSN. I like the BRIS files, I think they are the best figures you can get out there so I'm seriously looking at Equisim.I think that there are many here would argue that the data from HDW is the best.

bigmack
11-12-2007, 02:09 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/goog.gif