PDA

View Full Version : THIS COULD BE A LITTLE EMBARRASING!

JustMissed
11-09-2007, 10:37 AM
This could be a little embarrasing to GW & Giuliani.

Any of you New Yorkers think Rudy might be "mobbed up"?

Partial quote from AP wire story:

"Nov 9, 7:38 AM (ET)

By PAT MILTON
NEW YORK (AP) - Less than three years ago, Bernard Kerik stood proudly at a White House podium, being introduced as President Bush's pick to head the Department of Homeland Security. Now Kerik stands to face what could be the decisive chapter in a downfall as stunning as his rise.

Kerik, a former New York police commissioner under then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani and a failed nominee for homeland security secretary, has been indicted by a federal grand jury on corruption charges, a person close to the investigation said. Kerik was expected to surrender to authorities Friday to be arraigned, a federal law enforcement official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the secrecy of grand jury proceedings.

A federal indictment of Kerik could complicate matters for Giuliani, now a Republican presidential candidate, as the first primaries draw near."

JM :cool:

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Even more embarrassing than Clinton and her Asian connections! Depending on how much coverage is done!!

traveler
11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Give it a rest - how about Hillary using Sandy"I don't know how the classified documents got in my pants"Berger as a political consultant for her campaign! Can we expect another post after Chuck Schumer holds his weekly Sunday morning attention getting news conference? :bang:

skate
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
looks political.

no relation to GW.

Guiliani already said it was a mistake.

and kerik says Not Guilty.

the whole thing started in the late 90s, along with all the other Big Business Frauds.

now, along comes uncle George, to lock up all the bad guys. kind of like
R-A-G M-O-P-I-N-G all that left over scum from the 90s.

but , hey, whadda i know, im just saying.

skate
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Even more embarrassing than Clinton and her Asian connections! Depending on how much coverage is done!!

could we have a Numeric($) on the "DONE". point(S)?;)

OTM Al
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
NYC resident to rest of world:

You want Rudy less than you want Hillary. Trust me on this one. This guy was about to be skewered before Sept 11, 2001. He did a few good things for the city (and I did vote for him too, though got to say the competition was even worse) but there is something really wrong with this guy. NYC residents are pretty repulsed by what's coming out of his mouth these days which pretty much can be summed up by:

1) 9/11!!!!!
2) Leave my private life out of this.
3) Terrorists!!!!!!

skate
11-10-2007, 05:38 PM
dont forget, like Biden, to put in;

crime
and
economy:mad:

JustRalph
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
it didn't seem to stop people from turning JFK into a god............

but it did cost him his life..................

Tom
11-10-2007, 07:49 PM
1) 9/11!!!!!
3) Terrorists!!!!!!

Those are is GOOD points!

Look, compared to Hillary, the nut in Pakistan - Sharrif? -looks better.

OTM Al
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
They are good points Tom if they meant anything other than trying to sell yourself. No substance and really quite insulting.

Tom
11-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, he rose to the task on 9-11 itself.
Unlike Kerry, who sat frozen, and the other dems, who did nothing.
Rudy has experience actually doing things. The majority of the dems have experience whinning and that is the extent of it.
Rembering 9-11 when you look at the dems is a good thing to do. It is not obver yet, and we can ill afford anyone of the defeatocrats at the helm. We miught as well srrender as vtoe for any dem, which is really a vote for Al qeda. What I find insulting is any dem who opens his foul mouth.

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
There's no doubt Rudy should be pimping his 9/11 creds, as well as letting us all know that it is highly dangerous to become complacent about terrorism and allow another 9/11 to creep back into existence.

Why do you deny him looking back on the way he handled 9/11 as a positive in both his leadership and "emergency response" abilities? These are two vitally important characteristics a POTUS must possess, are they not?

I think his actions during the 9/11 attacks speak volumes about who he is and how he will act under the extreme pressures of being President.

And if private life mattered any, Bush would be getting rave reviews. By all accounts, GWB is a faithful husband, a devoted father, and a highly religious person. Why is his reputation in the shitter? I suppose Rudy is right. Private life means nothing when you're the President of the United States.

NYC resident to rest of world:

You want Rudy less than you want Hillary. Trust me on this one. This guy was about to be skewered before Sept 11, 2001. He did a few good things for the city (and I did vote for him too, though got to say the competition was even worse) but there is something really wrong with this guy. NYC residents are pretty repulsed by what's coming out of his mouth these days which pretty much can be summed up by:

1) 9/11!!!!!
3) Terrorists!!!!!!

ddog
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
looks political.

no relation to GW.

Guiliani already said it was a mistake.

and kerik says Not Guilty.

the whole thing started in the late 90s, along with all the other Big Business Frauds.

now, along comes uncle George, to lock up all the bad guys. kind of like
R-A-G M-O-P-I-N-G all that left over scum from the 90s.

but , hey, whadda i know, im just saying.

Kerik should be thrown in jail for his "training" stint with the Iraqi POlice force.
Now that was a world class scandal and it didn't start in the 90's.
Kerik will fight it and more will come out and it won't reflect well on Rudolph.
If I thought Rudolph had any chance of getting elected I would be out of here in a flash.
He's a bogus flim flam artist of the Clinton stripe and if nominated then it is the end of the party as I have known it.
I can take a lot but not this.

I don't give brownie points for walking the steets after the disaster hits and saying keep your chin up, hell i can do that.
Why in the name of anything rational would he have forced the NY command post to reside in the very buildings that had already been attacked and that any moron knew were going to be hit again sometime.

Beyond belief that anyone can take this creep seriously.
All he is missing is the mustache and top hat to complete his vaudeville look.
clown clown clown.

ddog
11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
There's no doubt Rudy should be pimping his 9/11 creds, as well as letting us all know that it is highly dangerous to become complacent about terrorism and allow another 9/11 to creep back into existence.

Why do you deny him looking back on the way he handled 9/11 as a positive in both his leadership and "emergency response" abilities? These are two vitally important characteristics a POTUS must possess, are they not?

I think his actions during the 9/11 attacks speak volumes about who he is and how he will act under the extreme pressures of being President.

And if private life mattered any, Bush would be getting rave reviews. By all accounts, GWB is a faithful husband, a devoted father, and a highly religious person. Why is his reputation in the shitter? I suppose Rudy is right. Private life means nothing when you're the President of the United States.

Private life gives some insight into the moral character of a man.
Bush is 100X more POTUS like than RUedolph will ever be on his best day.

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2007, 01:36 AM
BTW, if anyone takes my posts in this thread as an indication that Rudy "is my man," then they are, once again, mistaken. That is all....

OTM Al
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
My point is that that is all there is to him. He's flipped on most of the positions he's held to run for president and he has nothing else to say than those things. And I'm not sure he really was so great at those things. Much of his rep comes from the fact that he was the ONLY voice of calm and reason that day. That is worth quite a bit, but balance that with the facts that:

1) The emergency management "bunker" he created was in the WTC, a place already targeted for attack. Not smart emergency management.

2) There was no questioning of the decree that the air was safe afterward. I know he was in a rush to get things back as normal as possible and many others made the mistake as well, but still he does bear some responsibility.

3) He tried to override the term limit he was facing to remain in power and was denied. He basically had 3 months. I give Mike Bloomberg a whole lot more credit for getting things back on track in NYC as he was the one that shouldered the bulk of the work.

So he does deserve some credit, yes, but not near as much as he seems to be taking from the rest of the country. BTW much of the rest of NYC gov't is Democrat and they did quite a bit of good work then too, so this is not a party issue for those that want to make it one. I'm talking about what a person stands for and too me this guy is a lot more hollow than even Hillary, who is pretty empty herself.

skate
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
He's a bogus flim flam artist of the Clinton stripe and if nominated then it is the end of the party as I have known it.
I can take a lot but not this.

don't give brownie points for walking the steets after the disaster hits and saying keep your chin up, hell i can do that.

not even close to Clinton.

walking the streets was not such a big deal, but what he did with NYC ( tax rates, crime rates and economy) was an accomplishment, never before in the degree in which he recorded.

ddog
11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
BTW, if anyone takes my posts in this thread as an indication that Rudy "is my man," then they are, once again, mistaken. That is all....

Pa, I would never peg you as a Rudy-man!
You seem much too smart to fall head over tea kettle for a sleezy <*#&#&##<< like he is.

ddog
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
not even close to Clinton.

walking the streets was not such a big deal, but what he did with NYC ( tax rates, crime rates and economy) was an accomplishment, never before in the degree in which he recorded.

Never? really, and you base that on what?

Never mind , just get back on your meds.