PDA

View Full Version : Schilling's Contract

Overlay
11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
A million-dollar bonus if he gets even one first, second, or third-place vote for the Cy Young. He must have one heck of an agent.

OTM Al
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I suppose though one would think the ball team wouldn't agree to it unless they figured that wasn't going to happen, unless he had a really great season, in which case the bonus would be well worth it. You could imagine one of the voters giving him a 3rd placer just to be a pain in the butt to the club though I'm not sure if Schilling is that big of a media guy.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone notice the $2 million weight incentive that HE wanted in there?

Thats kinda unique

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Anyone notice the $2 million weight incentive that HE wanted in there?

Thats kinda uniqueThat's cause he's all about the game, and not about the money.....:lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Not an appropriate post lover boy. Had to delete it...try again....

And if you can't elevate your next few posts above the 5th grade level, it's off you go....again.....maybe you'll eventually get the hint....

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Not an appropriate post lover boy. Had to delete it...try again....

And if you can't elevate your next few posts above the 5th grade level, it's off you go....again.....maybe you'll eventually get the hint....

Wow, now we are not allowed to post that Schilling has 3 rings and A-roid has none?

Some seriousl Yankme depression going on here.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Wow, now we are not allowed to post that Schilling has 3 rings and A-roid has none?

Some seriousl Yankme depression going on here.Wow, such a disingenuous reply. That's not why I deleted the reply. You left something very important out. Oh well. I continue to toy with you until I am bored....like a cat with a mouse.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Wow, such a disingenuous reply. That's not why I deleted the reply. You left something very important out. Oh well. I continue to toy with you until I am bored....like a cat with a mouse.

Oh I called him gay-rod. Wow, what a shocking, outlandish play on words.

Possibly the most offensive string of words ever uttered on this site.

Ron
11-08-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't see how PA can continue to be a fan of ARod anyway...he pretty much screwed the Yankees -- tore the team apart. You'd think he'd be hated by all Yankees fans.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't see how PA can continue to be a fan of ARod anyway...he pretty much screwed the Yankees -- tore the team apart. You'd think he'd be hated by all Yankees fans.Tore the team apart? How so? You mean like kept the team together after falling back 14 games? If it wasn't for A-Rod, there would not have been a post-season this year. That's pretty much an established fact.

And people want to get rid of this guy? Wow....

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't see how PA can continue to be a fan of ARod anyway...he pretty much screwed the Yankees -- tore the team apart. You'd think he'd be hated by all Yankees fans.

Of you've noticed, Yankme fans are in total denial. They still think they have a world series shot every year. They're a total mess now.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Tore the team apart? How so? You mean like kept the team together after falling back 14 games? If it wasn't for A-Rod, there would not have been a post-season this year. That's pretty much an established fact.

And people want to get rid of this guy? Wow....

You just don't get it about the intangibles that he lacks. The heart, the balls, the chemistry, the lack of ego.. He's a loser year in and year out, its no mystery why.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
You just don't get it about the intangibles that he lacks. The heart, the balls, the chemistry, the lack of ego.. He's a loser year in and year out, its no mystery why.Did you watch him on a day-in, day-out basis this year?

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Did you watch him on a day-in, day-out basis this year?

Well considering they were on ESPN about 141 times, yes.

I mean if you consider a player who calls out his teammates, makes it all about himself, says he works harder than his teammates, a team player. Then I'll defer to your expertise on the subject.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Considering your responses in this thread, there really is no point conversing with you any longer. You're not interested in debate....despite your earlier claims.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Considering your responses in this thread, there really is no point conversing with you any longer. You're not interested in debate....despite your earlier claims.

You cannot seem to grasp that this guy is the most egotistical, arrogant, non-team player that has roamed the baseball Earth.

No one is doubting or questioning his talent. However, talent alone does not make one a good teammate.

I believe in team chemistry. I believe teams like the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox had serious chemistry. I believe teams like the 1997-2000 Yankees had team chemistry. I believe the Rockies of this year had team chemistry. If you look at any of those, they didn't have polarizing figures like Arod.

Is there any place for the guy to openly be jealous of Jeter's fame and love he gets from fans? Is there any place for him to come out and say he works harder than any of his teammates? That's little league bullshit and shows what kind of ego this guy has.

If you cannot see that, I am not sure what exactly you are watching.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
This is the kinda stuff that makes him such a great teammate:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/09/19/arod0925/5.html

"Mussina doesn't get hammered at all," he said. "He's making a boatload of money. Giambi's making [$20.4 million], which is fine and dandy, but it seems those guys get a pass. When people write [bad things] about me, I don't know if it's [because] I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team...."

Not to mention the stupid comment that he works out while other players are taking their kids to school or sleeping. Wow, you mean other players are spending time with their kids taking them to school? What douches..

headhawg
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Well considering they were on ESPN about 141 times, yes.Eastern Seaboard Programming Network.

Not to get too off the topic here but they do play sports west of I-79, and rather well I might add. You'd never know by watching that network.

harnesslover
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Eastern Seaboard Programming Network.

Not to get too off the topic here but they do play sports west of I-79, and rather well I might add. You'd never know by watching that network.

Like any other business, they are in it to make money. It's all about supply and demand.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
This is the kinda stuff that makes him such a great teammate:That article was from last year. I'm talking 2007. Did you watch him day in and day out in 2007? He was a completely different player.

There was plenty of team chemistry this year on the Yankees. That's how they were able to come back from so deep in the hole and play the best baseball in the league post-All Star break.

I wish I would learn to listen to myself more....

harnesslover
11-09-2007, 09:24 AM
That article was from last year. I'm talking 2007. Did you watch him day in and day out in 2007? He was a completely different player.

There was plenty of team chemistry this year on the Yankees. That's how they were able to come back from so deep in the hole and play the best baseball in the league post-All Star break.

<sigh>, you just don't get it.

BIG RED
11-09-2007, 03:37 PM
That article was from last year. I'm talking 2007. Did you watch him day in and day out in 2007? He was a completely different player.

.....which got the TEAM Yankees where?

HLover does have a semi agianst Arod, but, I think Jeter was much better than Arod?

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2007, 02:19 AM
HLover does have a semi agianst Arod, but, I think Jeter was much better than Arod?Really? From what I recall, Jeter came up lame when it counted in the post season this year as well....

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2007, 02:19 AM
.....which got the TEAM Yankees where?Got them to the post season....where nobody on this board (including Hlover) thought they would end up.....

harnesslover
11-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Really? From what I recall, Jeter came up lame when it counted in the post season this year as well....

A-roid 5 for 29 with 1 rbi last 2 years postseason...

Jeter 11 for 33...Oh yeah and 3 or 4 rings???

You're seriously going to compare Mr April to Jeter? Dude, you seriously don't have a clue.

harnesslover
11-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Got them to the post season....where nobody on this board (including Hlover) thought they would end up.....

A-roid got them to the postseason?? You sure bub?

Did you happen to notice their month after the AS break without one team over .500?? You think that had ANYTHING to do with it?? LOL

A-roid had more homers, rbis, higher BA, higher SLG BEFORE All-star break. So you might want to chase another argument.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2007, 03:18 AM
A-roid 5 for 29 with 1 rbi last 2 years postseason...

Jeter 11 for 33...Oh yeah and 3 or 4 rings???

You're seriously going to compare Mr April to Jeter? Dude, you seriously don't have a clue.Why do you do this? Do you think this is some sort of effective debate tactic?

I clearly stated that Jeter came up lame THIS YEAR in several clutch post-season scenarios, in response to Big Red who said "I think Jeter was much better than Arod," and by using the word WAS, I take it to mean he is talking about THIS YEAR, just like I was....

And now you throw in Jeter's career post season ring total along with a couple of seasons worth of stats? I was clearly discussing this year. Do you have A.D.D.?

harnesslover
11-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Why do you do this? Do you think this is some sort of effective debate tactic?

I clearly stated that Jeter came up lame THIS YEAR in several clutch post-season scenarios, in response to Big Red who said "I think Jeter was much better than Arod," and by using the word WAS, I take it to mean he is talking about THIS YEAR, just like I was....

And now you throw in Jeter's career post season ring total along with a couple of seasons worth of stats? I was clearly discussing this year. Do you have A.D.D.?

Jeter has clearly defined himself as a consistently clutch player when its on the line. Aroid has not. Why even compare the two? It's ridiculous to even try..

Who would you want up in a clutch spot in the playoffs, Aroid or JEter?

Your cute insults are comical, congrats. That tactic works on some people, not me sorry.
You've got to do a better job.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2007, 11:30 PM
OK, so when Jeter stepped to the plate this post-season and failed to do his job, he shouldn't get any criticism, right? Whatever....

And for the record, I'd take Jeter over Arod any day with runners in scoring position. That doesn't mean I'm not going to call it as I see it this year.

And that's what the conversation was about.

We get it. You don't like Arod....kinda reminds me of certain other posters over in off-topic who don't like a certain POTUS....do you remember what you used to tell those folks?

harnesslover
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]OK, so when Jeter stepped to the plate this post-season and failed to do his job, he shouldn't get any criticism, right? Whatever....

QUOTE]

You don't think that Jeter has EARNED the right to have one bad postseason?

If Tom Brady has a poor postseason this year, should he get ripped? Or has he earned a pass?

I know you have a hard-on for A-roid, which is all well and good, but he's been a failure in the postseason and Jeter has been one of the best postseason players ever. Why do you continue to go out of your way to try to bring Jeter into a conversation with A-roid? One is clutch and one is a regular season stat champ... I know which one I would want.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I know you have a hard-on for A-roid...Not quite....I just like busting your balls until you screw up one more time and earn yet another boot out of here....

harnesslover
11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Not quite....I just like busting your balls until you screw up one more time and earn yet another boot out of here....

The pompous, arrogant thing is so unbecoming of you. You're better than that.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2007, 11:32 PM
The pompous, arrogant thing is so unbecoming of you. You're better than that.I know, but you're not worth much more than that....