PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing words

ArlJim78
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Who do you suppose uttered these words today?

"From the very beginning, the American dream meant proving to all mankind that freedom, justice, human rights and democracy were no utopia but were rather the most realistic policy there is and the most likely to improve the fate of each and every person.

America did not tell the millions of men and women who came from every country in the world and who--with their hands, their intelligence and their heart--built the greatest nation in the world: "Come, and everything will be given to you." She said: "Come, and the only limits to what you'll be able to achieve will be your own courage and your own talent." America embodies this extraordinary ability to grant each and every person a second chance"

or these?

"On behalf of my generation, which did not experience war but knows how much it owes to their courage and their sacrifice; on behalf of our children, who must never forget; to all the veterans who are here today and, notably the seven I had the honor to decorate yesterday evening, one of whom, Senator Inouye, belongs to your Congress, I want to express the deep, sincere gratitude of the French people. I want to tell you that whenever an American soldier falls somewhere in the world, I think of what the American army did for France. I think of them and I am sad, as one is sad to lose a member of one's family."

the answer might surprise you. It did me. I'd recommend reading the entire speech. Its good.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/11/the_frenchamerican_alliance_is.html

46zilzal
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
This fellow is very interesting as he was on 60 Minutes last week. Recently went through a nasty separation.

Snag
11-08-2007, 06:57 AM
The libs have to be hating this.

Not all Frenchmen hate America? How can that be?