PDA

View Full Version : Rumors : Churchill to buy Gulfstream

trigger
11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
http://paulmoranattheraces.blogspot.com/2007/11/empire-eyes-gulfstream.html

1st time lasix
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Over the years i have always tried to visit Gulfstream in person live at least once a season. For me it involves a seven hour round trip and hotel accomodations. After my last trip in March.....I have vowed not to go back unless i have access to a luxury box {which means drumming up a group of twelve or more} in order to find comfortible seating with a view of the races. Much prefer the fan friendlier Tampa Bay Downs venue in the Sunshine State now. The overall quality of the racing is a bit lower..... but at least you don't have to "grease" someone twenty or thirty dollars just to have a seat and you can find a window or machine that doesn't have a long line. The horse racing patron is a second class citizen at GP. Hopefully they have gotten the message by now and have made some changes. No way they get the Breeder's Cup again unless they do.

bane
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
wow.... Churchill owning both South Fl tracks....... REOPEN HIALEAH!!

point given
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Over the years i have always tried to visit Gulfstream in person live at least once a season. For me it involves a seven hour round trip and hotel accomodations. After my last trip in March.....I have vowed not to go back unless i have access to a luxury box {which means drumming up a group of twelve or more} in order to find comfortible seating with a view of the races. Much prefer the fan friendlier Tampa Bay Downs venue in the Sunshine State now. The overall quality of the racing is a bit lower..... but at least you don't have to "grease" someone twenty or thirty dollars just to have a seat and you can find a window or machine that doesn't have a long line. The horse racing patron is a second class citizen at GP. Hopefully they have gotten the message by now and have made some changes. No way they get the Breeder's Cup again unless they do.

The chances of gulfstream getting the BC is slim and never; and slim just left town !!! They have 900 total seats ! :blush: :lol:

onefast99
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
The chances of gulfstream getting the BC is slim and never; and slim just left town !!! They have 900 total seats ! :blush: :lol:
Agree you will never see the BC here it is too small a venue. The track had potential until Stronach got involved. I agree bring back Hialeah.

Snow Chief
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
www.savehialeahpark.com

CryingForTheHorses
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM
http://paulmoranattheraces.blogspot.com/2007/11/empire-eyes-gulfstream.html

Really make you wonder!!!!!

alysheba88
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I dont think its humanely possible to have screwed up Gulfstream more than Stronach did. Just pathetic. Even the dire hard suppporters of his have seemed to see reality on this