PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Montana

delayjf
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I can't believe I heard this morning on the news that tickets for her concert are going for 5,000.00

NoCal Boy
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Believe it. My wife and duaghter went on Sunday in San Jose. My wife could not believe the scene. Needless to say, my daughter had a blast. I guess it was a pretty entertaining show. I "tried" to get them to sell the tickets for over $1000 each, but there was no way that was going to happen. I was only joking (yeah right!!)

delayjf
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
It just goes to show you what can happen when Hollywood decides to put "the Machine" behind someone. They can literally create stars out of just about anybody. I'm just curious as to what parents have the coin to put up 5 grand for a concert ticket - Hell I don't think Barbara Streisand charged that much.

jognlope
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
did anyone see Ready to Run with Lester Serrano (hes the trainer). Ive emailed Disney to at least put it on DVD and other Ive seen have requestd, but nada. Hanna Montana reigns, barf.

JustRalph
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
17 Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana 2 (Soundtrack)/Meet Miley Cyrus
Walt Disney/Hollywood | 000465

harnesslover
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, kids have to learn early on about disappointment

My son loves the Philly Phanatic (Phillies mascot) and Iwanted to get him for his 3rd b-day party.. $2 grand for 4 hours.

"Um, sorry son, the Phanatic died the other day"

46zilzal
11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
It just goes to show you what can happen when Hollywood decides to put "the Machine" behind someone. They can literally create stars out of just about anybody. I'm just curious as to what parents have the coin to put up 5 grand for a concert ticket - Hell I don't think Barbara Streisand charged that much.
Uninformed comments abound: ticket scalpers were the culprits here not the promoters of this young lady.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-11-05-scalping-tickets_N.htm
"When tickets go on sale online, a lot of professional buyers are instantly in the mix," he says. "You're competing with people whose only job is to buy and sell seats."

And you may not be competing with people at all, but robots." Referring to "blocking programs" designed to not allow anyone but them onto sites where they are for sale.

As the uproar over the Hannah Montana tour made clear, bots, or robotic software programs, are sometimes employed to defeat security systems (those squiggly letters you're always asked to retype) that determine the buyer is human.

Ticketmaster recently won an injunction against bot-maker RMG Technologies, which the mammoth ticket-seller sees as a "first step" in addressing myriad industry issues raised by Cyrus the Younger mania.

shanta
11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
My son loves the Philly Phanatic (Phillies mascot) and Iwanted to get him for his 3rd b-day party.. $2 grand for 4 hours.

"Um, sorry son, the Phanatic died the other day"

:lol: :lol:

harnesslover
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Uninformed comments abound: ticket scalpers were the culprits here not the promoters of this young lady.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-11-05-scalping-tickets_N.htm
"When tickets go on sale online, a lot of professional buyers are instantly in the mix," he says. "You're competing with people whose only job is to buy and sell seats."

And you may not be competing with people at all, but robots." Referring to "blocking programs" designed to not allow anyone but them onto sites where they are for sale.

As the uproar over the Hannah Montana tour made clear, bots, or robotic software programs, are sometimes employed to defeat security systems (those squiggly letters you're always asked to retype) that determine the buyer is human.

Ticketmaster recently won an injunction against bot-maker RMG Technologies, which the mammoth ticket-seller sees as a "first step" in addressing myriad industry issues raised by Cyrus the Younger mania.

It sucks for parents, but the reality is, until it's regulated, its a simple case of supply and demand.

I got chosen for one of the lotteries for the Phillies playoff game. I was able to buy 3 tickets, but the idiot MLB scheduled the game at 3:00 and I had a meeting that I couldn't miss. So I bought them anyway ($144 for the 3 tickets) and I put them out on Craigslist. I was shocked to see offers for $500-700 for the 3.

I sold them for $550 and felt guilty..But what can ya do..

Marshall Bennett
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't believe I heard this morning on the news that tickets for her concert are going for 5,000.00
In more cases than not its the parents allowing their ego to pressure them into making these rediculous purchases , rather than a kid throwing a fit because they're simply told " NO " .

delayjf
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM

I'm well aware of the ticket scalpers in california ( it's legal). My astonishment is in the fact that anyone would / could pay that price. I was going to a Jimmy Buffett concert earlier this year, but 150.00 a ticket was a bit much for me since I've already seen him 3 times.