PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU THINK CITGO WILL GET THE CONTRACT?

JustMissed
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I cannot believe this story has not gotten much attention.

I remember when it appeared that relations were beginning to break down between Putin and Bush I wondered what was going on. Then when Putin shows up in Iran, I should have smelled a rat.

You gotta feel bad for Bush, only so many days left in office and so many contracts to be signed.

Copied from the NY Times:

Iraq, With U.S. Support, Voids a Russian Oil Contract
Sign In to E-Mail or Save This Print Reprints Share
Del.icio.usDiggFacebookNewsvinePermalink

By ANDREW E. KRAMER
Published: November 4, 2007
BAGHDAD, Oct. 29 — Guided by American legal advisers, the Iraqi government has canceled a controversial development contract with the Russian company Lukoil for a vast oil field in Iraq’s southern desert, freeing it up for potential international investment in the future.

In response, Russian authorities have threatened to revoke a 2004 deal under the Paris Club of creditor nations to forgive $13 billion in Iraqi debt, a senior Iraqi official said.

JM :rolleyes:

Full Text:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=&q=Iraq%2C+With+U.S.+Support%2C+Voids+a+Russian+Oil +Contract+

traveler
11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I am less and less a fan of President Bush but...
Citgo - "The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela"
Are you saying Bush is pro Chavez? Just trying to see what Citgo has to do with it??

JustMissed
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I am less and less a fan of President Bush but...
Citgo - "The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela"
Are you saying Bush is pro Chavez? Just trying to see what Citgo has to do with it??

I probably should have said Exxon Mobil or any other major U.S. oil company. Obviously I did not think at the time that Citgo was foreign owned.

JM

skate
11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
what do you conclude?