PDA

View Full Version : Keeps going on like the Pink Bunny

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/06/iraq.main/index.html

Lefty
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Good men and women risking and sacrificing their lives and limbs for the cause of freedom. The terrorists have made their intentions clear: To kill everyone that won't embrace them and their twisted perception of their faith.
Yet, you zilly, who envision yourself as being above it all won't even commit to being on our side. Makes you the most ignorant person on this board with the possible exception of light. Get out the Photo finish Camera. I say this not because you're against the war, but you're also against us. You may disagree with the war, but to say you don'ttake sides is ignorance non parell!

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Still cannot see the mistake and all these wasted lives. Too bad, you never will. Interesting number since "mission accomplished!"

Lefty
11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Whether or not those lives are wasted is a source of debate.
But that wasn't MY point. My point is you won't even take a side. That's the height of apathy for someone who lives in the free world. People can disagree with the war all they want, but since we're in it i expect for them to want us to win. Those that don't want us to win are bordering on the T word.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes I am REAL apathetic about an immoral, irrational and illegal war. I do nothing but sit here and let it play out. Mum is the word from me.

Never quoting statistics about deaths, the incompetence, never reading source material (and quoting it), never researching the lies behind the entire involvement etc. etc.

Wow such apathy.

Lefty
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
MUm is not the word from you. You post bad news all the time. You revel in it.
You have said you don't root for us to win. That makes you either insane or a traitor in my book.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Break something and make no plans on how to even suggest it needed fixing afterward.
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/02/28/iraq-incompetency/

GaryG
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
You have said you don't root for us to win. That makes you either insane or a traitor in my book.Amen....he is Canada's problem now. Good riddance.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
You have said you don't root for us to win. That makes you either insane or a traitor in my book.
The only news coming from total incompetents who don't even listen to their OWN military experts makes them (Rutabaga and his minions) the idiots they are. MULTIPLE sources, via independent investigations have said the same things: these IDIOTS at the helm made up their minds how something was going to play out. EVERY TIME one of their OWN experts negated this "dream" they were replaced.

No wonder you find them as kindred spirits as you deny the reality of the whole thing despite the data just like the brain stem trust behind it.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Amen....he is Canada's problem now. Good riddance.
Well the arrogance and stupidity of the U.S. leadership has again, today, set the Canadian dollar at another all time record high against U.S. currency.

FROM CBC:In after-hours trading, the loonie went as high as $1.0617 US, eclipsing the previous 50-year high of $1.0614 US set on August 21, 1957.

Pour money down a bottomless pit and things like that are bound to happen.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.samplereality.com/archives/bush_denies_911_commission_findings.html

How’s this for a tautology: “The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda is because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.”

This is what Bush explained to reporters this afternoon. Oh, if saying it could only make it so, Bush would have had Saddam himself piloting the plane into the Pentagon.
Unfortunately, no matter how many times Bush makes his wish, it doesn’t come true: Saddam and bin Laden had nothing to do with each other. And Saddam had nothing to
do with September 11, 2001.

Bush concedes that the attacks were not orchestrated by Saddam Hussein. But there were, Bush argues wishes pleads “numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda.”

By this logic, we should be going after Dick Cheney because of his “numerous contacts” with the illustrious Halliburton corporation, who seems to be the primary beneficiary of the war in Iraq, what with the kickbacks, overcharging, and awesome food service.

If my saying it would only make it so…

bigmack
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.samplereality.com/archives/bush_denies_911_commission_findings.html

Great work cutting and pasting the words of Mark from 2004.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/mark.jpg

Heck of a monologue, er "discussion" you have going on.

Tom
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Heck of a monologue, er "discussion" you have going on.

Whaddaya expect? The writers are on strike! :lol:

Ron
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Keeps going on like the Pink Bunny

I thought this thread was about the new guy, ac...

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
In Iraq, there are an estimated 200,000 private military contractors; that is more than the number of American military personnel, which currently stands at 168,000.

Let's loot the country six ways from Sunday!

Tom
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Let's loot the country six ways from Sunday!

Says who?

Lefty
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
sadly, education cannot instill common sense.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
sadly, education cannot instill common sense.
OUT of touch with reality, as usual. The true explanation of stupidity, to continue a modus operandi repeatedly when all evidence says otherwise. Typical of these clowns since day one when they went to the wrong place on the map.

46zilzal
11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampscott/archive/x942358223
Though President George W. Bush continues to sell the war as somehow protecting the United States from terrorists, few people accept that rationale. Iraq may very well harbor
terrorists, but so do dozens of other countries. We could just as easily go to war with North Korea, Iran and Afghanistan/Pakistan, where Osama bin Laden probably lives — and he’s an actual terrorist, rather than a theoretical one.

Victory in Iraq won’t bring a reduction in our fears of terrorism or vulnerability to an attack. Winning wouldn’t make the Middle East any less volatile or even do anything to lower the price of oil.

We’ve sent our soldiers into a fight where victory means creating a country whose people will hate us even more than they did before we “freed” them. Clearly many Iraqis wanted help overthrowing Saddam Hussein, but once we did that they wanted us to leave.

skate
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
The only news coming from total incompetents who don't even listen to their OWN military experts makes them (Rutabaga and his minions) the idiots they are. MULTIPLE sources, via independent investigations have said the same things: these IDIOTS at the helm made up their minds how something was going to play out. EVERY TIME one of their OWN experts negated this "dream" they were replaced.

No wonder you find them as kindred spirits as you deny the reality of the whole thing despite the data just like the brain stem trust behind it.

Who are you talking about?

Geo. Washington?
Abe Lincoln?
Grant?
Lee?

let me think now, i suppose you 're talking about somebody that Did Something, like standing up for His country, when needed.

oh oh oh , i got IT, ITS UNCLE GEORGE:jump:

welcome home zilly

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/06/iraq.main/index.htmlWe lost 400,000+ in WWII. I can't imagine what folks like you would have been saying back then with those kinds of numbers hitting the books....but then again, there probably weren't too many folks like you back then....that's why we're not all speaking German at the moment.....

ljb
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
We lost 400,000+ in WWII. I can't imagine what folks like you would have been saying back then with those kinds of numbers hitting the books....but then again, there probably weren't too many folks like you back then....that's why we're not all speaking German at the moment.....
Guess it's time to close this thread. Bringing up Hitler again, typical last resort response.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Guess it's time to close this thread. Bringing up Hitler again, typical last resort response.Nothing to do with Hitler. Just bringing up a war which produced MASSIVE casualties, and wondering what folks here today, who love to harp on casualties, would be thinking and saying if the time machine brought us back to 1943 or so....

46zilzal
11-08-2007, 12:31 AM
We lost 400,000+ in WWII. I can't imagine what folks like you would have been saying back then with those kinds of numbers hitting the books....but then again, there probably weren't too many folks like you back then....that's why we're not all speaking German at the moment.....
Comparing those two conflicts would be akin to comparing NIGHT and day.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Comparing those two conflicts would be akin to comparing NIGHT and day.You're right, which is why I find it so interesting that you continue to harp on US casualties in Iraq, considering that for a four year "war", they are kind of on the light side....

46zilzal
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
You're right, which is why I find it so interesting that you continue to harp on US casualties in Iraq, considering that for a four year "war", they are kind of on the light side....
Should be on the ZERO side, in Iraq that is....

bigmack
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Comparing those two conflicts would be akin to comparing NIGHT and day.
Is there anything more pathetic than this expatriated bete noire USING the casualties of war to graspingly attempt a shore up on his spoon-fed take of things and then label them as wasted lives? I have a different view of a wasted life.

Watch this non-response. During the Clinton Presidency there were 7500 casualties. Anyone notice his claim of wasted lives then?

In whatever direction one feels those that use, a wasted life is a Karma-back-at-ya, waiting to happen.

hcap
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Is there anything more pathetic than this expatriated bete noire USING the casualties of war to graspingly attempt a shore up on his spoon-fed take of things and then label them as wasted lives? I have a different view of a wasted life.

Watch this non-response. During the Clinton Presidency there were 7500 casualties. Anyone notice his claim of wasted lives then?

In whatever direction one feels those that use, a wasted life is a Karma-back-at-ya, waiting to happen.Another Clintonditittoo.
Clintonditittoo
Clintonditittoo

Would you document this? We are talkin' war aren't we? Not accidents?

Your 7500 included deaths from natural causes (eg disease) and accidents (a significant number intrinsic to an military body of order 1 million people) Which is vastly greater than the combat deaths (eg Somalia, Kosovo etc).

By date of U.S. involvement

GRENADA
DURATION IN DAYS: 51
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 5,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 18
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 19

PANAMA
1989-90
DURATION IN DAYS: 14
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 27,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 23
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 23

SOMALIA
1992-93
DURATION IN DAYS: 153
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 26,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 29
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 43

KOSOVO
DURATION IN DAYS: 77
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 7,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 0
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 2

http://www.murdoconline.net/pics/Death_Rates.pdf

The maximum overall casualty count post 1980 occurred during the admin of GOP idol Ronald Reagan. If that means anything.

Hostile action deaths from the DOD:

Clinton
1993 0
1994 0
1995 0
1996 1
1997 0
1998 0
1999 0
2000 0

Average = 0.13 hostile action deaths/yr

Bush
2001 3
2002 18
2003 344
2004 737
2005 846
2006 816
2007 435 (thru may-24)

Average = 457 hostile action deaths/yr

So MR. bete noire, you are the one USING trumped up bullshit stats of "casualties of war" to "graspingly attempt" some more bamboozling Clintonditittoos. Obviously your pet peeve Bill Clinton

The last refuge of bushite denial.

A black beast?
"Je pense que ce vin a déjà ete bu"

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Hostile action deaths from the DOD:

Clinton
1993 0
1994 0
1995 0
1996 1
1997 0
1998 0
1999 0
2000 0

Average = 0.13 hostile action deaths/yrWhere the hell did you get these stats from? I suppose the 18 lost during "Black Hawk Down" don't count, for starters.....

hcap
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
Defense Manpower Data Center.
Table CRS-8

Ok, include the 18. I believe in 1993, the deaths were listed as terrorist attacks
Total 29. Include all the 29

Still no comparison Clinton vs bush. And completely despicable using the 7500 figure. Take a look at CRS-16 and CRS-19.

hcap
11-08-2007, 11:43 AM
bigmack saysWatch this non-response. During the Clinton Presidency there were 7500 casualties. Anyone notice his claim of wasted lives then?BTW, the first part of my post # 28 did mention Somalia. The mistake is the DOD considering those deaths terrorist attacks Still deflates bigmacks "bete noire" comment refering to 46zilzal. And shows BgMks' bete noire mentality. All last ditch bush defenders use their I hate Clinton rants and the inevitable Clintonditittoo.
By date of U.S. involvement

GRENADA
DURATION IN DAYS: 51
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 5,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 18
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 19

PANAMA
1989-90
DURATION IN DAYS: 14
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 27,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 23
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 23

SOMALIA
1992-93
DURATION IN DAYS: 153
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 26,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 29
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 43

KOSOVO
DURATION IN DAYS: 77
DEPLOYED U.S. TROOPS: 7,000
U.S. BATTLE DEATHS: 0
TOTAL U.S. DEATHS: 2

Lefty
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
It's amazing. We're attacked. Every top ranking Dem told Bush something had to be done about Saddam. Bush does it and we're now fighting terrorists that have announced they want to kill us all. And Now Bush is the bad guy? Sounds pretty warped to me. When push comes to shove, thinking people will not push the lever for Hillary and put this country in great jeapardy.

Greyfox
11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
. Every top ranking Dem told Bush something had to be done about Saddam..

True. They agreed something had to be done about Saddam based on the information that Bush initially fed them with.

46zilzal
11-08-2007, 12:21 PM
True. They agreed something had to be done about Saddam based on the information that Bush initially fed them with.
Just read the terrorism czar's (Clarke) description of the pressure he was under to make a case to connect 9/11 to Iraq when NOTHING, repeat NOTHING would do that, but then Lefty never reads anything.

Then there is Rummy's yelling "But there are no good targets in Afghanistan" reflecting his limited vision of how conflicts evolve. He had to try his version of "Blitzkieg" somewhere and it did not fit in the mountains where the BAD GUYS were, and still are, next to a crumbling government that has the atomic bomb.

They got it wrong, almost comically wrong and if the Pakistan situation gets out of hand the shit will really hit the fan.....A preventable situation if enough troops had been deployed close by to the actual place where all of this evolved.

46zilzal
11-08-2007, 12:25 PM
bigmack saysBTW, the first part of my post # 28 did mention Somalia. The mistake is the DOD considering those deaths terrorist attacks Still deflates bigmacks "bete noire" comment refering to 46zilzal. And shows BgMks' bete noire mentality. All last ditch bush defenders use their I hate Clinton rants and the inevitable Clintonditittoo.
Never understood how a reactionary evolved in a few months but this one did to a point where all rational discourse (even old Lefty is polite) went out the window and then, because of the point on the political spectrum, the same one is allowed all manner of language to get by.

Lefty
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
You guys better get your memory together. Demswere saying how dangerous Saddam was BEFORE Bush ever ran for Pres.

Lefty
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
You're right, rational discourse out the window. Al Gore shouting Bush betrayed this country, Harry Reid calling Bush a loser before a child audience, calling the pres a liar and the constant references to Hitler, yep you're right, zill, these dems have no manners.

Greyfox
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
You guys better get your memory together. Demswere saying how dangerous Saddam was BEFORE Bush ever ran for Pres.

So that's why Clinton ordered the troops into Iraq? :lol:

46zilzal
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
You're right, rational discourse out the window. Al Gore shouting Bush betrayed this country, Harry Reid calling Bush a loser before a child audience, calling the pres a liar and the constant references to Hitler,
Bush IS a big loser, a psychopath out of control

Tom
11-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I thought that was you?
Does he post hundreds of links and then post after post of name-calling and false statements on some horse racing board?

skate
11-08-2007, 03:45 PM

and where did the info come from and why?

if he got wrong info, then it came from ALL surrounding countries, plus most of all other countries, plus the FBI (even tho funds were cut), plus the CIA (also with funds cut).

Uncle George was left with a decision on how to CLEAN UP a Big Mess while being on a short end of cut-backs.

im thinking Uncle George was responsible for supporting congress with the info.

nothing wrong with Feeding the given info to congress.

now , we keep hearing, unclegeorge doesn't feed us enough info . so what the ....?

hcap
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Obviously uncageorge feeds you just the right amount.
You swallowed the worm, hook, line and sinker

Greyfox
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
and where did the info come from and why?

..?

Covert information was leaked by a middle-east operative to the CIA.
The operative subsequently bought more shares in Haliburton and associated spinoff companies that are capitalizing on the "boom." He has since retired. :lol:

hcap
11-08-2007, 05:27 PM
The operative subsequently bought more shares in Haliburton and associated spinoff companies that are capitalizing on the "boom." He has since retired. :lol: Paraguay? Soon to be joined by skates unca george and grandpa- the big dick cheney
Skate you speak Paraguanian?

:jump: :jump: :jump:

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
True. They agreed something had to be done about Saddam based on the information that Bush initially fed them with.Wow...revisionist history is at it again....

Where was Bush at the beginning of this video? 1998....Bush was in Texas governing the state....nowhere to be found in Washington.....

Watch and learn.....

ePb6H-j51xE

Greyfox
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow...revisionist history is at it again....

Where was Bush at the beginning of this video? 1998....Bush was in Texas governing the state....nowhere to be found in Washington.....

Watch and learn.....

]

Ah. Yes. 1998. The video shows that there were rumblings about Saddam Hussein from a few select Democrats. Can we revise history to say Clinton and the Democrats, sent the troops to Iraq? I think not. That was talk. Not action.

Decisions to act towards Iraq took place much later, fired by fuel amassed by GWBush reports of what "intelligence" was telling him.
That is the historical fact and cannot be revised.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Ah. Yes. 1998. The video shows that there were rumblings about Saddam Hussein from a few select Democrats. Can we revise history to say Clinton and the Democrats, sent the troops to Iraq? I think not. That was talk. Not action.

Decisions to act towards Iraq took place much later, fired by fuel amassed by GWBush reports of what "intelligence" was telling him.
That is the historical fact and cannot be revised.Yes, Bush finally took the action that these Democrats had been talking about for years. 1998 - 2002.

Throw in 9/11 for good measure, and objectively, it's tough to argue with the Iraqi invasion. Of course, you can redboard it all you want now, and look like a genius to some. But to me, you'll only look like a redboarder.

Bush took the action, took the risk, and now he's paying an unreasonable public relations price.

And I love your "few, select Democrats" line. Yeah, a few select, like Howard Dean, John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Harry Reid.....real lightweights.

Tom
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
That was talk. Not action.

Yes, that is what a democrat is! That is IS defined!
Unlike Clionton, who allowed barracks to be bombed, ships attacked, air force jets fired upon repeatedly, BUSH saw SH for what he was and took out the garbage. Sa-lute!
Had Clonton acted like a president instead of a JOHN, the whole mess would have been cleaned up far earlier. Unfortunatle, Clinton and the democrats failed to do thier jobs and Bush had to do it for them.

Sa-Lute!!!!

Greyfox
11-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Yup. I agree with both Tom and PA.
GWB took that action that the Dem's failed to do.
Let's not also forget his famous comment though:

"After all this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."

Had someone tried to take my Dad out, I might respond in kind as well.

Tom
11-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately, the only ones Clinton attacked were those women who could testify against him, people who defied, him or ran against thim. But we get to re-live the wonderful Clinton War Machine through Hillary
Last two dem prezidents -

Carter - American citizens held captive 444 days by terroists

Clinton - WTC I, USS Cole, numerous other terror attacks - the formative years of Al Qeda unchallenged.

ddog
11-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately, the only ones Clinton attacked were those women who could testify against him, people who defied, him or ran against thim. But we get to re-live the wonderful Clinton War Machine through Hillary
Last two dem prezidents -

Carter - American citizens held captive 444 days by terroists

Clinton - WTC I, USS Cole, numerous other terror attacks - the formative years of Al Qeda unchallenged.

be that as it may , the formative years were in Afghanistan with our help to take out the SU.

Oh and GW crew had a year or so of that growing up period and also unchallenged.

Tom
11-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Wrong. We were on good term in Afgh. during the 80's - and what we did to topple the USSR was the prime directive af the day. The USSR was the real menace back then. We pulled out to quick - just like the dems want to do in Iraq today. Had we stayed the course then, the Taliban could have been prevented from siezing power. That was a mistake, but the lesson to be learned is that you don't operate in a vacuum. Bush seems to understand this, but none of the dems do.

skate
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
The operative subsequently bought more shares in Haliburton and associated spinoff companies that are capitalizing on the "boom." He has since retired. :lol:

yah, so?

i told you to capitalize on the Boom also and then i retired.

and today, i say, invest into the Global boom.

skate
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
Defense Manpower Data Center.
Table CRS-8

Ok, include the 18. I believe in 1993, the deaths were listed as terrorist attacks
Total 29. Include all the 29

Still no comparison Clinton vs bush. And completely despicable using the 7500 figure. Take a look at CRS-16 and CRS-19.

NOT to mention Principals. How often were those Principals violated?

Human life is the least valuable,, concern, when we refer to existence.

that is why "Documents" are important.

we fight for the Constitution, with lives. this is the reason the Constitution lives.

If we are judged by lost LIVES , THE USA would be looooong goooone.

IBCNU
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Well the arrogance and stupidity of the U.S. leadership has again, today, set the Canadian dollar at another all time record high against U.S. currency.

FROM CBC:In after-hours trading, the loonie went as high as $1.0617 US, eclipsing the previous 50-year high of $1.0614 US set on August 21, 1957.

Pour money down a bottomless pit and things like that are bound to happen.
46, The president does not set monetary policy or control short term interest rates. The fed, by lowering interest rates, effectively prints or increases the supply of "paper" money available to use as a medium of exchange, ergo inflation. 12 fed board governors made this decision largely based on the present credit crisis and liquidy crunch. Not GW

46zilzal
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
46, The president does not set monetary policy or control short term interest rates. The fed, by lowering interest rates, effectively prints or increases the supply of "paper" money available to use as a medium of exchange, ergo inflation.
Never said he DID directly. Bad policies overflow.

Tom
11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Clever sound byte.
Care to explain it?
With specifics that relate to this topic?

ddog
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Wrong. We were on good term in Afgh. during the 80's - and what we did to topple the USSR was the prime directive af the day. The USSR was the real menace back then. We pulled out to quick - just like the dems want to do in Iraq today. Had we stayed the course then, the Taliban could have been prevented from siezing power. That was a mistake, but the lesson to be learned is that you don't operate in a vacuum. Bush seems to understand this, but none of the dems do.

Tom

We armed and trained the Afghanistan mujahadeen(osama and bunch along with Shiek Muhammed,etc.) against the SU and then they morphed into the Taliban and took over Afghanistan with OUR approval as a bullwork against Iran at the time. SU had left.

We NEVER had any force to speak of to "pull out of there" in those days.
That was the nature of the so called covert role we played there even though it was of course no secret due to the Coldwar.

I am REALLY SHOCKED you are so confused on such a pivotal time in our history there.

I suggest you need to read up on that period a little more.