PDA

View Full Version : Zada Belle ?

eastie
11-05-2007, 02:17 AM
does anyone know about the status of a filly named Zada Belle ? She's by Indian Charlie and broke her maiden by 9 as a 2 year old, I think Godolphin bought her and took her to Dubai, but I have never seen or heard of her since. She was one of the most gorgeous fillies I ever saw. Also does anyone out here know if a mare named Bail Bond has thrown any foals, and if so who. Thanks in advance, Eastie

eastie
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
bumpity bump, please help !

OTM Al
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Bail Bond does not have any recorded offspring in this db, which though very good is not complete

http://www.pedigreequery.com/bail+bond

eastie
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
thanks al :)

jotb
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
They paid 3M for her and if I'm not wrong the mare originally was purchased for 47k. I read somewhere about the trainer was not happy with losing her because of the publicity he might have received down the road. I wonder what he would have done if he was the owner. I'm sure he would have sold her with tack included. I think the owner paid 95k for her as a 2yo.

Joe

eastie
11-26-2007, 02:10 AM
3 million is alot of spinich for a 2 year old filly, but she is exquisite looking....She's back in training at Keeneland and has had two 3 furlong breezes, both in 35. I wonder where and when they'll run her. anyone know anything else about this filly ?

Dahoss9698
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I thought I heard that with her training at Keeneland she might be with Eoin Harty. If that's the case she'll probably be in southern California soon enough. Again, I'm just speculating, because I had heard that harty might have her, so sorry if I'm wrong.

eastie
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Harty has her.....wish she was going south unstead of West though.

eastie
12-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Zada Belle worked 4 fur in 47.40 handily at Hollywood . She should be getting ready to return. If you want to see a real looker, watch for her when she runs.

eastie
02-09-2008, 03:20 AM
ZADA BELLE returns to action tomorrow going 7 panels at Santa. If you get a chance, check her out. She is a beautiful and imposing filly.

RXB
02-09-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Harty has her

That's a shame... she's in the barn of one of the ultimate horse-wreckers.

Why anybody would give him a horse, I don't understand.

slamtry
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
She raced today at Aqueduct. Unfortunately, she was pulled up due to injury along the backstretch. No update at this point.
Slam Try

bobphilo
03-21-2009, 09:35 PM
She raced today at Aqueduct. Unfortunately, she was pulled up due to injury along the backstretch. No update at this point.
Slam Try

I saw the race today. She broke down while battling for the lead in the Distaff Hcp. As usual the announcer tried to minimize the injury by just saying, "Zada Belle is out of the race". Not a word was said about the breakdown, it looked pretty serious.

Bob

Shemp Howard
03-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Zada Belle was vanned off after the race. Track officials reported she had suffered a right front medial sesamoid fracture and was in stable condition.

:(

slamtry
03-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the update. It was on TVG but of course they repeated the same as above and never had an update.
Slam Try

bobphilo
03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Zada Belle was vanned off after the race. Track officials reported she had suffered a right front medial sesamoid fracture and was in stable condition.

:(

Thanks for the info. That's sad news. On the NYC OTB Channel they just made believe it never happened. Where did you get the report? Was it TVG or HRTV?

Bob

Shemp Howard
03-22-2009, 04:26 PM
NYRAweb page

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
As usual the announcer tried to minimize the injury by just saying, "Zada Belle is out of the race".I'm curious as to what you think the announcer should say in a case like that. Should he attempt to make some sort of veterinary diagnosis from his vantage point way up in the booth, in the middle of a race call?

I've heard Imbriale call plenty of breakdowns. He's not one to hide his emotions when something like that happens, or try to brush it under the rug.

If that's what it sounded like this time, then he gets a pass in my book.

bobphilo
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm curious as to what you think the announcer should say in a case like that. Should he attempt to make some sort of veterinary diagnosis from his vantage point way up in the booth, in the middle of a race call?

I've heard Imbriale call plenty of breakdowns. He's not one to hide his emotions when something like that happens, or try to brush it under the rug.

That has been true in the past. I remember when there was that multiple horse splill he really sounded like he was moved. But for him to just say Zada Belle was "out of the race" and not even mention breakdown, injury or the vanning off was like it was a different guy talking. Of course, he has no business making a veterinary diagnosis but at least state the obvious. It's as if somebody at NYRA, who was upset at all the bad publicity from all the breakdowns at the inner meet, had told him to minimize breakdowns as if they had never happened.

Bob

Milleruszk
03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Update on Zada Belle's condition in today's NY Post. Looks like she might be OK.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03232009/sports/horseracing/through_the_binocs_160897.htm

bobphilo
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Update on Zada Belle's condition in today's NY Post. Looks like she might be OK.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03232009/sports/horseracing/through_the_binocs_160897.htm

Thanks, this is good news.

Bob

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
It's as if somebody at NYRA, who was upset at all the bad publicity from all the breakdowns at the inner meet, had told him to minimize breakdowns as if they had never happened.How many more breakdowns have there been this year compared to the past couple of years?

OTM Al
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
My DB shows 7 over 06-07 and 10 over 07-08

bobphilo
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
How many more breakdowns have there been this year compared to the past couple of years?

As of March 17th ’09, there have been 12 deaths at Aqueduct since Nov. 14th ‘08 and 7 deaths since Jan. ’09. I don’t know if this includes AM workout fatalities. Whether this represents an increase over previous years is not the point.

The point is that publicity people have much less interest in actual numbers than with the public perception of racing fatalities. If you look at the moving way Imbriale reacted to the breakdown of Private Details earlier this month as well as earlier breakdowns, and the way he did with Zada Belle you will see a marked difference. Since I don’t think Imbriale has become cold, a stern talking to from NYRA publicity people to downplay injuries could very well account for this.

Bob

ArlJim78
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
That has been true in the past. I remember when there was that multiple horse splill he really sounded like he was moved. But for him to just say Zada Belle was "out of the race" and not even mention breakdown, injury or the vanning off was like it was a different guy talking. Of course, he has no business making a veterinary diagnosis but at least state the obvious. It's as if somebody at NYRA, who was upset at all the bad publicity from all the breakdowns at the inner meet, had told him to minimize breakdowns as if they had never happened.

Bob
but he did state the obvious. how can he start speculating about the injury or report about being vanned off while calling the race? he did not simply say that Zada Belle was out of the race. listen to the replay, he says"pulling up, pulling up now is Zada Belle. Zada Belle is out of the race". which is exactly what happened.

comparing the reaction when a single horse is pulled up, to that horrific multiple horse and rider spill is to me ridiculous.
what exactly should he have done?

OTM Al
03-23-2009, 07:42 PM
As of March 17th ’09, there have been 12 deaths at Aqueduct since Nov. 14th ‘08 and 7 deaths since Jan. ’09. I don’t know if this includes AM workout fatalities. Whether this represents an increase over previous years is not the point.

The point is that publicity people have much less interest in actual numbers than with the public perception of racing fatalities. If you look at the moving way Imbriale reacted to the breakdown of Private Details earlier this month as well as earlier breakdowns, and the way he did with Zada Belle you will see a marked difference. Since I don’t think Imbriale has become cold, a stern talking to from NYRA publicity people to downplay injuries could very well account for this.

Bob

I believe you are catching at least 1 from the main track (Wanderin Boy at least) as the inner doesn't open til after T'Giving and one of those deaths was a heart attack, so that is a bit different, but it seems that it has at least equalled last year unfortunately.

BTW Johnny I. has a huge say in publicity at NYRA (callers generally do a hell of a lot more than just call races). I know him a little and of him a lot and while I have no solid evidence one way or another, because its a question I wouldn't assume to ask, but I have no reason to believe that his words and descriptions are anything but his own.

slewis
03-23-2009, 07:45 PM
How many more breakdowns have there been this year compared to the past couple of years?

Im gonna let you know in the near future.....

Im putting a study together.....

slewis
03-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I believe you are catching at least 1 from the main track (Wanderin Boy at least) as the inner doesn't open til after T'Giving and one of those deaths was a heart attack, so that is a bit different, but it seems that it has at least equalled last year unfortunately.

BTW Johnny I. has a huge say in publicity at NYRA (callers generally do a hell of a lot more than just call races). I know him a little and of him a lot and while I have no solid evidence one way or another, because its a question I wouldn't assume to ask, but I have no reason to believe that his words and descriptions are anything but his own.

I agree Al,

From my conversations with John I. he's a really good guy and caring.

I doubt management is telling him anything because he's done everything properly.

Grits
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
There's no doubt about John's care for horses. As ArlJim indicated, he continued the race call, perfectly, noting Zadabelle's distress. Still, one can hear the tone, the distinct change in his voice every time something is amiss.

bobphilo
03-23-2009, 08:06 PM
but he did state the obvious. how can he start speculating about the injury or report about being vanned off while calling the race? he did not simply say that Zada Belle was out of the race. listen to the replay, he says"pulling up, pulling up now is Zada Belle. Zada Belle is out of the race". which is exactly what happened.

Don't you mean understate the obvious. Horses are also eased and pulled up when tired and hoplessly beaten. It was also obvious that that horse was injured and had broken down. That it least deserved a mention.

One of the criticuism of racing is that injuries and breakddowns are underplayed for public relations reasons. Myself and others have given up e-mailing NYRA for information about horses that we saw breakdown and gotten no replies. That trend has been reversing itself recently with more attention given to obvious injuries. The call of Zada Belle's breakdown was, sadly, a return to the bad old days.

Bob

ArlJim78
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't you mean understate the obvious. Horses are also eased and pulled up when tired and hoplessly beaten. It was also obvious that that horse was injured and had broken down. That it least deserved a mention.

One of the criticuism of racing is that injuries and breakddowns are underplayed for public relations reasons. Myself and others have given up e-mailing NYRA for information about horses that we saw breakdown and gotten no replies. That trend has been reversing itself recently with more attention given to obvious injuries. The call of Zada Belle's breakdown was, sadly, a return to the bad old days.

Bob
i think it would have been irresponsible for Imbriale to have said "Zada Belle has broken down" during the race. Sometimes when they do go down, its just a stumble. I've seen horrific looking spills where everyone gets up and walks off, horse and rider. you just can't tell right away.

At least to me I could hear the disapointment in his tone the moment he reported that she was pulled up. I really think reading into it some kind of cover-up is a stretch.

again, what specifically should he have said, "Zada Belle has broken down"?

look, I agree that racing should make a better effort to make the facts available quickly. so many times I'm wondering about the horse or rider and its not always very easy to find out, sometimes its impossible. but I want to have the answers from vet's or a doctor or some official, not from the race-caller whose duty it is to describe the race.

you'd have other public relations issues to sort out when the announcer got it wrong.

slamtry
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
I can understand the track announcer himself not saying exactly what happened but as someone watching it on TVG, they said that they'd try to get an update but even they didn't say that she'd been vanned off the track. Just basic info would have been appreciated.

Grits
03-24-2009, 07:40 AM
"Zada Belle broke down vying for the lead along the inside just as she reached the half mile pole, was successfully pulled up and vanned off."

Is there something missing, here, from the chart?

cj
03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind, when Dale Earnhardt, a human, died on the track, it took a few hours for the word to reach the press. The same thing goes for jockeys that are injured during a race. Yet, people want to know instantly the condition of a horse? I love horses, and hate to see one injured, but I don't see how anybody can follow this sport and take every break down to heart.

I remember when Imbriale called the race mentioned earlier and a horse broke down. He sounded like the world was coming to an end, and I found it very inappropriate. I would imagine he did get a stern talking to after that performance. You mention it and you move on. It is a sad but very real part of the game. Imagine if every announcer acted that way when a horse broke down. Who would ever want to watch racing?

I have no problems with toning down the call and going through the motions, but he went overboard. In a Triple Crown or Breeders' Cup race, it probably does deserve more attention, but not on a Wednesday afternoon on the inner or at Beulah or Charles Town or any other track.

samyn on the green
03-24-2009, 12:23 PM
What is wrong with you PA? Instead of covering up like industry shills these callers have a duty to give a full diagnosis of the injury. A diagnosis that determines which bones were broken, a detailed x ray analysis and long term prognosis. All of this should be delivered before they hit the next pole. I'm curious as to what you think the announcer should say in a case like that. Should he attempt to make some sort of veterinary diagnosis from his vantage point way up in the booth, in the middle of a race call?

Grits
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I agree about the need to continue the racecall without floundering, but too, I recall Durkin's voice and angst when Barbaro buckled a half dozen strides out of the gate. This is a difficult job, and I'm not sure one can ever fully harden themselves to seeing it happen. Its tough when one goes down. When two clip heels and both go down--its worse.

Place yourself, though, in the booth alongside of Imbriale, Durkin, or any other announcer with your binoculars fixed on the field when more horses are involved in a spill--four horses and their jockeys go down? This has to be a racecaller's absolute worst nightmare.

I don't care how great your professionalism may be, there's a fine line to walk in these rare instances. I'm not sure this is something that can be (or actually should be) reined in or metted out based on the caliber of quality--stakes vs. allowance vs. claimers.

I feel for any announcer who experiences it.