PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of idiots!

dav4463
11-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Did anybody see the stupidity of the halftime show between the Cowboys and Eagles?

They turned the lights out during the halftime show to raise awareness about "going green". They said they were saving enough energy to power a home for a month.

Then they cut to some idiot standing on the Arctic circle talking about how the ice was melting. They also sent someone to Equador or somewhere and another one to some other remote area to help us "raise awareness".

I would guess the energy saved by turning off the lights was more than offset by the energy used to fly these idiots to three different remote locations.

In protest of the stupidity, I turned all of my lights on for one hour and left the water running while I brushed my teeth. I also left my car idling as I picked up my pizza and bottled coca-cola in a non-recycleable plastic bottle.

I've never wasted anything in my life. I don't litter, but I don't go overboard either. I drive a car. I use energy that I need and I don't feel guilty about it. These jokers make me want to use whatever I want, when I want. It's irritating. Al Gore uses more energy flying around the country doing his stupid speeches about global warming in one month than I use in a lifetime. Yet, he tells me not to use too much energy. He's in his gigantic house and flies all over the world while I have a modest apartment and economy car. I should be telling him about saving energy.

JustRalph
11-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I saw it........they plugged their Interview coming up on "Today" with AlGore

shameful bullshit

Matt Lauer Standing at the Artic Circle with a graphic showing it is -12 and he is lecturing us about global warming.............

Ever since they put Keith Olbermann on the Show I have no respect for them anyway..............

I sent an email to the local station complaining about Olbermann. They emailed back saying they were contractually obligated to air the show in spite of the complaints they are receiving about Olbermann..........

46zilzal
11-05-2007, 12:33 AM
EVERY population ever studied has some common shared factors when their growth became unchecked. EVERY ONE OF THEM. First and foremost, in a finite ecological system they spoiled their environment just before those populations crashed.

Just like so many I have talked to over the years, many people think somehow man is immune to the laws of nature, people are going to think the same, unscientific emotional response to this: that doesn't affect me!

Let's not prepare for, or even consider, the long term consequences of exponential growth. It can't happen to us, we are human. Humans are just different animals and, as other biologicals, are part of ecosystem.

dav4463
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
So what does that have to do with the halftime show wasting a ton of energy to tell us to be aware that we use too much energy?

jognlope
11-05-2007, 05:24 AM
Why dont they just start building a relocation project for the polar bears now and get it over with.

Snag
11-05-2007, 06:39 AM
EVERY population ever studied has some common shared factors when their growth became unchecked. EVERY ONE OF THEM. First and foremost, in a finite ecological system they spoiled their environment just before those populations crashed.

Just like so many I have talked to over the years, many people think somehow man is immune to the laws of nature, people are going to think the same, unscientific emotional response to this: that doesn't affect me!

Let's not prepare for, or even consider, the long term consequences of exponential growth. It can't happen to us, we are human. Humans are just different animals and, as other biologicals, are part of ecosystem.

46, who is going to tell everyone that they can't have any more kids? I hope you have quit already.....

Tom
11-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Why dont they just start building a relocation project for the polar bears now and get it over with.

Polar Bears were orignally brown bears who migrrated north and adapted. That is how nature works - species adapt, evolve. Other die off. It is what nature is. The arrogance of the ignorant who think they can change that is mind boggling. Case in point - there is no place in nature for liberals, so abortion is nature at work. Pretty soon, they will kill themselves off and the species will be stronger! :lol::lol::lol:

jognlope
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Well they are definitely adapting to the destruction by humans, somehow, do not see this in the evolutionary plan. But you are just posting one of your Idontgiveash..... posts right Tom?

hcap
11-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Polar Bears were orignally brown bears who migrrated north and adapted. That is how nature works - species adapt, evolve. Other die off. It is what nature is. The arrogance of the ignorant who think they can change that is mind boggling. Case in point - there is no place in nature for liberals, so abortion is nature at work. Pretty soon, they will kill themselves off and the species will be stronger! :lol::lol::lol:So instead conservatives could have evolved into coat hanger manufacturers? To take advantage of the economical niche that existed before Roe vs Wade. So if I understand this survival of the fittest philosophy correctly, liberals kill'em before they are born, and conservatives kill'em AND PROFIT after they are born.

Laissez faire? It's not just about making a buck any more :lol:

rastajenk
11-05-2007, 08:57 AM
If NBC was that serious about going green, they wouldn't be televising night football games to begin with. There's no reason why there has to be Sunday night games. Or Thursday night, or Saturday night, or Monday night either, for that matter; but those don't involve the self-righteousness of NBC, so that issue is beyond the scope of this thread.

The hypocrisy of the environmental fundamentalists is appalling. It reminds me of the televangelists of another era, sucking up cash from their gullible audiences while living lavish lifestyles. But the televangelists only hurt the ignorant few. The Greenies are hellbent on forcing policies that will hurt us all.

Tom
11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Well they are definitely adapting to the destruction by humans, somehow, do not see this in the evolutionary plan. But you are just posting one of your Idontgiveash..... posts right Tom?

No, I do givea.......
I resent the morons masquarading as the voices of salvation seeking to destroy economies, hold whole continents from developing, and spreding ridiculous propaganda under the guise of science. The church of ALLGORE does nobody any good and must be stopped.

As already posted here, if those dimwits lat night really gavea..... about global warming, they would have cancelled the whole football game. They didn't, did they? And how much of the proceeds did they contribute to conservation?

Here's what libs boil down to...."YOU have to do this becasue of THIS. But not ME of course." Al Gore is a 100% hypocrite.

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2007, 10:49 AM
So I guess horseracing is saving a lot of energy by daytime racing?
What is the eneragy efficiency of putting on racing and putting as many back and front siders to work?

46zilzal
11-05-2007, 11:09 AM
46, who is going to tell everyone that they can't have any more kids? I hope you have quit already.....
never started

DJofSD
11-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I think that race tracks should start producing bio-energy from the horse manure. Then we'll be green!!!

46zilzal
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
So what does that have to do with the halftime show wasting a ton of energy to tell us to be aware that we use too much energy?
INTERACTION, No action stands alone in an ecological system as much as mankind thinks otherwise.

delayjf
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
To take advantage of the economical niche that existed before Roe vs Wade.

I've always wondered, does anybody have any stats on women who have died as a result of a back ally abortion. Or is this just an urban myth??

46zilzal
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I've always wondered, does anybody have any stats on women who have died as a result of a back ally abortion. Or is this just an urban myth??
I often wonder what planet you live on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_abortion
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15974_1.html
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/history_abortion.html

The older attending staff told me many a tale about septic abortions and the difficulties these poor women had medically.

delayjf
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I often wonder what planet you live on.
Indeed, Southern California is another planet, despite the fact that abortion is legal, and California also has a law allowing any mother to drop off a new born at any Police / Fire station, they are still finding dead newborns in trash bins, sad.

That was actually an honest question, I've meet a lot of women who've had abortions but I simply don't recall an news accounts of women who have died of back-alley abortions. I've often suspected that the statistics were over-blown and reading your article it appears they are controversial.

fergie
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Here's an idea! We turn the entire city of DC into a methane generator. With all the BS coming from there you could run the whole______, and, and

Fergie:)

toetoe
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
dav,

I didn't see the game, but that's just pitiful. I wonder whether they had to lobby for that, or just pay somebody off ?? :confused:

The only thing we're wasting is our breath, as we try to get a rationale from these fools. I'm green, all right. Green at the gills, when I think that this crap is fed to our children instead of good old fashioned phonics, so they might --- HELLO --- learn to read at a high level. :jump:

Boy, Al Gore must be spinning in his grave. This is NOT what he had in mind when he invented football. Oh, wait. He's still alive, I guess. Tipper, pinch him just to make sure.

Tom
11-05-2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrc1XZayp4

Tom
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8