PDA

View Full Version : pro caps 2000

bugboy
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
did a search on the board for pro caps 2000. back in '01 gambler asked if anyone has used this program, i saw there were no responses. after 6years, has anyone uses this program and are willing to comment on it? i'm only interested in finding out if i should spend some time with pro caps or forgit about it. thanks in advance guys.
frank

skate
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
tough call, bugger.

after years of capping, ive settled on just a few points of interest.

that being said, most systems get overly involved. that's my thoughts on pro caps.

im not saying its bad, wrong or anything else except "it really depends on what you are looking for, regards to specifics and depth.

To me, it comes down to "keep things simple" as long as your on a good track.

give it a look/see, wont hurt.

bugboy
11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
thanks skate for you comments, and i want to thank csperberg, reallly opened my eyes on 'caps,thanks a lot. i'm gonna give it a try. see what happens.

csperberg
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
no probs

Hosshead
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
ProCaps 2000. Are you talking about the free sw from TSN that uses their ProCaps racefiles?

hcap
11-08-2007, 06:58 AM
If any one is interested, Procaps keeps track of models. Also it stores all stats for all races you import in an Access database. You can take a look and manipulate all the data with Excel, even if you don't have Access. Look in the Procaps directory. C:\PC2000\

hcap
11-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I set up an Excel sheet to automatically pull out three tables in Procaps.mdb.
The Entries, Races and Results. The program will combine all into 1 table.
Another sheet will filter any combination of factors included in program, except the modeling feature, and analyze the results

If anyone wants it, PM me and I will send both. I do suggest you have a number of months in your database before trying it.