PDA

View Full Version : Last night was a doozy

PurplePower
01-10-2003, 01:11 AM
But, I just keep handicapping like the Energizer bunny.

After the fifth race tonight I received an email with the following text on our home page "Ask the Handicapper" link
Question: How can someone with as much so called experience as Mr. McLellan have, be so wrong in handicapping the races? Sam Houston Race Park is doing the fans a tremendous injustice, what a shame!!!What a night to post the full sheet here! (And Suff left town!) Top picks at least did come around in final two and I enjoyed second choice Crafty Looms $17 plus win in the turf sprint. Darn favorite could have stayed up for second and made the night a profitable one.
BTW: I replied to the writer (he - or she - did include an email address) with the "Horses are animals and not precisely predictable. blah, blah.blah and that sometimes my handicapping method picked a lot of winners and sometimes (like tonight) it SUCKED! - and some more blah blah blah.

Tonight's sheet is available at www.shrp.com/tips for those brave enough to tread there. (I usually add the notation that it is "free", but that may not be entirely true for those that just "play the picks" ;) )

dav4463
01-11-2003, 12:55 AM
If it's any consolation, I play SH every day and that night kicked my tail also ! I actually had three top choices that won, one paid $10.40, other two less than $6, so I went for value and didn't cash a bet at all .... Hard to believe people can base their opinion of a handicapper on one night of picks......

JustRalph
01-11-2003, 08:37 AM
I got killed at Sam Thursday and Friday. Best I did was a couple of $6-$8 gifts the crowd hoisted upon me. The horses in that Turf sprint in the 9th Friday looked like they all stopped to feed the parking meter when they turned the corner. I tape the races and after watching it over and over I can't believe that 8 horses all stopped and let those two longshots go by on the outside. Tie that up with a couple of the more ignorant rides I have ever seen, its been some week in Houston. :D :cool: :p

smf
01-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Reid,

Just ignore that garbage. You've done a fine service for cappers here since you've been at Hou.

Maybe the writer of that post is a bad capper. You see em at the track every day betting on horses like Ikkimaani Ottoom (fg horse that was popular at LS yesterday for some reason). Just ignore em, and keep pluggin along! You have more positive backers than negative complainers.

PurplePower
01-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks SMF. Since I answer all the email, I don't ignore them -- but I don't let them get to me. Heck, can't be anybody say anything to me that I haven't already said to myself. When my handicapping is bad I lose money and I HATE losing money. :eek:

Besides, I'm sure if that same player had HIT for a coupla thousand he would have sent me a share. :rolleyes: :cool: