PDA

View Full Version : USA vs China

skate
11-02-2007, 05:01 PM
with the 3rd Q increase of 3.9% of GDP for the USA. that increase being equal to $500 Billion.
that $500 Billion being equal to 20% of the total GDP of China.

and that increase in the 3rd Q (one quarter only) is more than the total of USA dollars held by China.:cool:

UncleGeorge smashes the all time record for continued quarterly increase in employment with 160,000 new jobs.

and and and, thats with a downturn in the housing market.:lol:

remember, a few years back, when the dems and the press were touting " the good conditions of the economy were only in the housing market".

Now what?:eek:

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
If all things are so rosey what is with the stock market and the Canadian dollar being at an ALL TIME RECORD high this morning vs. the U.S. Dollar?. There is something wrong with those equations.
As the rutabaga continues to blow BILLIONS in the middle east for nothing. Those dollars are lost to the taxpayers.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aNX3FRIT_Mms&refer=canada

delayjf
11-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Those dollars are lost to the taxpayers.

Not a total loss,
Some of those dollars go to US troops in the way of salaries, which will be taxed and spent and taxed again in the US. Other costs associated with the war will go to US defense corporations which will pay taxes on their profits, plus pay the salaries of their employees all of which will be taxed as well.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Then you have these clowns on their "pay roll" too however angularly they want to describe it.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/consumersmarts/archives/124925.asp?from=blog_last3
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/01/AR2007110102732.html?sub=AR

"The agency's travel patterns during the Bush administration, detailed in internal agency documents, differ from those of the Clinton era. Ann Brown, who served as chairman from 1994 to 2001, traveled only at the expense of the agency or of media organizations that sponsored appearances where she announced product recalls, according to the documents provided."

More corporate whores discovered.
http://www.virushead.net/vhrandom/2007/10/30/nancy-nord-oh-please/

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
A real gem this one:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/washington/30consumer.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Ms. Nord’s opposition to important elements of the legislation is consistent with the broadly deregulatory approach of the Bush administration over the last seven years. In a variety of areas, from antitrust to trucking and worker safety, officials appointed by President Bush have sought to reduce the role of regulation and government in the marketplace.

robert99
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
with the 3rd Q increase of 3.9% of GDP for the USA. that increase being equal to $500 Billion.
that $500 Billion being equal to 20% of the total GDP of China.

and that increase in the 3rd Q (one quarter only) is more than the total of USA dollars held by China.:cool:

UncleGeorge smashes the all time record for continued quarterly increase in employment with 160,000 new jobs.

and and and, thats with a downturn in the housing market.:lol:

remember, a few years back, when the dems and the press were touting " the good conditions of the economy were only in the housing market".

Now what?:eek:

Skate,

The USA GDP figures are for one year and 3.9% is just over a $512B increase.
The 2006 GDP of China was $10.17 Trillion, purchasing.
$512B is only 5% of China's GDP, which is increasing at 11% pa (+45% planned by 2010). So US is falling ever further behind.

China held $800B ( > $512B) in US currency reserves in 2006, but Japan holds even more and the oil producing countries also have considerable and increasing $US sums, with a barrel approaching $100. Their asset base in $US is falling in value as the US dollar slides. If they lose patience, cut their losses and sell off major chunks, then US currency is in real trouble.
The 160,000 US jobs growth is subject to revision unfortunately and the forecast outlook for 2008 is bleak, except for major US exporters.

Apart from Brazil, the whole economic shift is now firmly eastwards over the next 15 years and many in the West are not going to like it.

Tom
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
As long as we allow China to violate fari trade laws, we get stuck.
Until they agree to obey the laws, we shuold prohibit ALL trade with China. There is NOTHING in China we need. Allowing goods from China into our country is a great step backwards in evolution. China is a menace because they do not respect human beings, and they are only about 200 years behind civilizaton. Screw anyone who does business with those throw backs.

A global economy only benfits those on the bottom - the 3rd, 4th, 5th world countries (vertical) and the fat cats on the top making the profits (horizontal).

Bush is far more a friend to China than America.

skate
11-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Not a total loss,
Some of those dollars go to US troops in the way of salaries, which will be taxed and spent and taxed again in the US. Other costs associated with the war will go to US defense corporations which will pay taxes on their profits, plus pay the salaries of their employees all of which will be taxed as well.

excellent points.

if these people (zilly,hiccup etc.) would move over and listen to real facts, we (as in together) could accomplish something.

instead, they send us (the good guys) off to some good forbidden site, with ALL kinds of crap.

The figures we keep hearing about (news media, Dems) ar eSO SO so inflated, because most of the money is spent RIGHT here in the USA.

besides that, forget about the money. the money gets turned OVER and OVER, that it, nothing more.
the only point to the money (imo) is to see how much One has Over Another.

we have the Money, simple...

skate
11-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Skate,

The USA GDP figures are for one year and 3.9% is just over a $512B increase.
The 2006 GDP of China was $10.17 Trillion, purchasing.
$512B is only 5% of China's GDP, which is increasing at 11% pa (+45% planned by 2010). So US is falling ever further behind.

China held $800B ( > $512B) in US currency reserves in 2006, but Japan holds even more and the oil producing countries also have considerable and increasing $US sums, with a barrel approaching $100. Their asset base in $US is falling in value as the US dollar slides. If they lose patience, cut their losses and sell off major chunks, then US currency is in real trouble.
The 160,000 US jobs growth is subject to revision unfortunately and the forecast outlook for 2008 is bleak, except for major US exporters.

Apart from Brazil, the whole economic shift is now firmly eastwards over the next 15 years and many in the West are not going to like it.

look, we have a disagreement. and i cant try to explain if you go off into another area, such as japan, oil , brazil and the Dollar. they are Not in the same realism.

can we stay with GDP. then we can get somewhere. Or Not...

The GDP figures , as i see them, are at an increase of 3.9% for the Q.
. is that correct? if so, then 3.9% = $500 Billion.

i think your China figure is Off. ill do some more checking, please do the same , let me know, thanks.

i used Wiki figures, which says for 2006 china has a GDP of $2,600 Trillion.

also, im not sure what you are saying when you use the china fig. and you attach "purchasing". could be this fig. is throwing of your china GDP.

skate
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
If all things are so rosey what is with the stock market and the Canadian dollar being at an ALL TIME RECORD high this morning vs. the U.S. Dollar?. There is something wrong with those equations.
As the rutabaga continues to blow BILLIONS in the middle east for nothing. Those dollars are lost to the taxpayers.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aNX3FRIT_Mms&refer=canada

im not (as in NOT) saying Rosey (never never ) .

look, until now, all you ever said (you and the media) was that the trade Balence was too far off. Now, with the lower $, the trade balence will even itself.
look again, we buy their oil, that means they are worth SOMETHING, its that simple. dollar goes down, means Nothing. or can you explain.

Please please Paaalease, dont go off to another site (bloomberg) and expect me to read a bunch of huey. you read bloomberg and bring something to the table, thank you.:kiss:

i can refute bloomberg, if you give me a specific. use them and tell me what you find. i aint going there to find something i already know.

gotta put things in context.

skate
11-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Then you have these clowns on their "pay roll" too however angularly they want to describe it.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/consumersmarts/archives/124925.asp?from=blog_last3
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/01/AR2007110102732.html?sub=AR

"The agency's travel patterns during the Bush administration, detailed in internal agency documents, differ from those of the Clinton era. Ann Brown, who served as chairman from 1994 to 2001, traveled only at the expense of the agency or of media organizations that sponsored appearances where she announced product recalls, according to the documents provided."

More corporate whores discovered.
http://www.virushead.net/vhrandom/2007/10/30/nancy-nord-oh-please/

if you spill your oatmeal, you'll make more sense in trying to explain something on this topic., than you've explained above.

we understand about problems. since we are dealing with humanity.:rolleyes:

skate
11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Not a total loss,

i love common sense, so thanks again.

lots of times we expect others to see thru (media again) all the crap. so let me add that the equipment (most) we use is also spent here in the USA and that money is not lost , but it is turned over and that is ALL that is significant when it comes to Money as handled by our Gov.

skate
11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Tom;

we are 10 times the size of China., Dollar wise.

i figure, we let them grow (Russia also) into Democracy (Capitalism). not gonna change overnite.

if we dont, we are gonna have more problems. it helps our economy along with theirs.

robert99
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
look, we have a disagreement. and i cant try to explain if you go off into another area, such as japan, oil , brazil and the Dollar. they are Not in the same realism.

can we stay with GDP. then we can get somewhere. Or Not...

The GDP figures , as i see them, are at an increase of 3.9% for the Q.
. is that correct? if so, then 3.9% = $500 Billion.

i think your China figure is Off. ill do some more checking, please do the same , let me know, thanks.

i used Wiki figures, which says for 2006 china has a GDP of $2,600 Trillion.

also, im not sure what you are saying when you use the china fig. and you attach "purchasing". could be this fig. is throwing of your china GDP.

Skate,

USA does not have all of its money - China, Japan, EU, Saudi, Emirates, Russia etc have a whole lot of it. You made the point about China but China is only part of the problem. USA has not balanced its budget for years and relies on other countries buying up the $ and US Treasury Bonds to make up the shortfall. USA debt is now $8T (using a US trillion = $1 million, million).
Before 9/11, US had a $3T surplus. Becoming oil import dependent and exporting so many jobs and manufacturing overseas does not help in rectifying this.

Growth is expressed each quarter based on the same quarter of the previous year. You get 4 figures each year but it is the final one which is usually most accurate and important.

GDP are expressed by CIA as Purchasing Power Parity - this is what goods and services countries can buy expressed on an equivalent basis. USA for 2006 had a GDP ppp of $13.06T. I have used the CIA figures for China. $2600T is a bizarre figure.

skate
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Skate,

USA does not have all of its money - China, Japan, EU, Saudi, Emirates, Russia etc have a whole lot of it. You made the point about China but China is only part of the problem. USA has not balanced its budget for years and relies on other countries buying up the $ and US Treasury Bonds to make up the shortfall. USA debt is now $8T (using a US trillion = $1 million, million).
Before 9/11, US had a $3T surplus. Becoming oil import dependent and exporting so many jobs and manufacturing overseas does not help in rectifying this.

Growth is expressed each quarter based on the same quarter of the previous year. You get 4 figures each year but it is the final one which is usually most accurate and important.

GDP are expressed by CIA as Purchasing Power Parity - this is what goods and services countries can buy expressed on an equivalent basis. USA for 2006 had a GDP ppp of $13.06T. I have used the CIA figures for China. $2600T is a bizarre figure.

look, it is not my attempt to be here saying things like "you are wrong".

take a look at Yahoo, Google or other sites and look up GDP.
in 2006 the china GDP was $2,600 Trillion. on top of that, the USA is almost TEN times the size (economically) as China.
that should give you enough, to figure that your figures are wrong and not even close. the USA GDP for this year will be OVER $13 Trillion, fact.

whatever the CIA has to do with the economics of China, i dont know, but those figures are way off from facts.

Also, the USA didnt have a surplus all the way thru the 90s.

easy enough to look up the deficit for the 90s. $6 to $7 trillion comes to mind. if you have trouble looking up these figures, ill be happy to find them for you.

my final point, DEBT is GOOD and that fact is taught in every college coarse on economics. without Debt, you can not increase the economy.

you,ll find more satisfaction if you look up the info yourself, but i ll be glad to help.:)

skate
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
robert99;

you make a good point yourself when you say other countrys hold bonds from the USA. not Dollars, but bonds. those countrys do not hold dollars, only bonds, which the GOV. of the USA says they will back.

keeping in mind, the people (you, me, hiccup) do not owe the money to anyone, since we didnt make any loans for bonds, we can not be held liable.

the Gov, can and will print the money in order to pay off the bonds.

hcap
11-05-2007, 04:30 PM
look, it is not my attempt to be here saying things like "you are wrong".

take a look at Yahoo, Google or other sites and look up GDP.
in 2006 the china GDP was $2,600 Trillion. on top of that, the USA is almost TEN times the size (economically) as China.
that should give you enough, to figure that your figures are wrong and not even close. the USA GDP for this year will be OVER $13 Trillion, fact.

whatever the CIA has to do with the economics of China, i dont know, but those figures are way off from facts.

you,ll find more satisfaction if you look up the info yourself, but i ll be glad to help.:)"whatever the CIA has to do with the economics of China, i dont know, but those figures are way off from facts.". Maybe we should use da skaters crystal ball instead? Here are other sources...

http://www.businessworld.in/content/view/2017/2081

Without adjusting for purchasing power parity, China’s GDP (at both constant prices and exchange rates) is $2,600 billion — three times that of India’s at around $850 billion. China’s per capita GDP is almost 2.7 times that of India’s.

From wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China

The economy of the People's Republic of China is the fourth largest in the world when measured by nominal GDP, and is predicted to surpass Germany to take the third place in early 2008.[1] Its economic output for 2006 was $2.68 trillion USD.[2]

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-01/26/content_793128.htm

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) yesterday announced that GDP grew by 10.7 percent to reach 20.94 trillion yuan ($2.68 trillion). The consumer price index, a key indicator of inflation, inched up by a mild 1.5 percent.

"In 2006, the economy was in good condition," NBS Director Xie Fuzhan told a press conference organized by the State Council Information Office.

The economy, which overtook Britain in 2005 to become the world's fourth biggest, is moving closer to that of Germany, which is estimated to have grown by 2.2 percent last year to $2.86 trillion.

The figure is in billions, not trillions. I don't think the entire world has a GDP approaching $2,600 Trillion. Hey you are only off by a factor of 1,000. BTW I believe that translates to 2.6 quadrillion. Or 2.6 times the amount of distance in light years of empty space between one of your ears and the other :eek:

skate
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
good one Hiccup;

Chinas GDP =2.6 Trillion

USA GDP = 13.3 Trillion.

my figures were in error, thanks.

my base point being that the 500 billion increase in 3rd Q is egual to 20% of the China GDP.

hcap
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Now if we could only agree on the stats of Iraq vs Philly :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Now if we could only agree on the stats of Iraq vs Philly :lol:The way the two have been going lately, the gap must be closing a bit...

hcap
11-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey skate,

Another perspective. Did it ever occur to you we can buy and sell every citizen, business and governmental agency in China for the projected cost of the Iraq war? What the hell would we do with anyway? Order takeout every day for the next century-no charge :rolleyes:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/24/news/economy/cbo_testimony/

War on Terror' may cost $2.4 trillion

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and anti terrorist efforts abroad could cost the country $2.4 trillion over the next ten years, according to a report Wednesday.

The money, over 70 percent of which would go to support operations in Iraq, includes the estimated $600 billion spent since 2001, Congressional Budget Office Director Peter Orszag said in testimony before the House Budget Committee. That estimate includes projected interest, since the government is borrowing most of the funds required.

46zilzal
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Hdcp shows more reasons why the dollar sagged again today (all time high for Canadian dollar, English pound and the Euro).

Pour money down a bottomless pit and it catches up to you.

skate
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Hdcp shows more reasons why the dollar sagged again today (all time high for Canadian dollar, English pound and the Euro).

Pour money down a bottomless pit and it catches up to you.

hey, thats some really good english.

your reasoning equals a Calamity.

and you expect me to explain this situation to you, go ask your Clocker.:lol:

skate
11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey skate,

Another perspective. Did it ever occur to you we can buy and sell every citizen, business and governmental agency in China for the projected cost of the Iraq war? What the hell would we do with anyway? Order takeout every day for the next century-no charge :rolleyes:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and anti terrorist efforts abroad could cost the country $2.4 trillion over the next ten years, according to a report Wednesday.

The money, over 70 percent of which would go to support operations in Iraq, includes the estimated $600 billion spent since 2001, Congressional Budget Office Director Peter Orszag said in testimony before the House Budget Committee. That estimate includes projected interest, since the government is borrowing most of the funds required.

hey look, just because i admit to a mistake, does not give you any reason to think i was off on my judgment.

acknowledge my perspicacity.

then ill answer your problem. or not.

and for a quick answer NO, it never Occurs to me at any time. nothing OCCURS to me.:rolleyes: ever.

i just look at the figures, so what is it that OCCURS to you.? anything?

oh this sounds like so much fun.:D

skate
11-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey skate,

nothing productive in your thoughts above.
its political garbage.

the amount of money spent is meaningless. what is meaningful is progress.
because the amount is meaningless i will not put a strain on the brain, asking you where do you think "the money was spent". like i say this approach is so lethargic, i refuse to entertain your account of money lost.

you may, however , cut the quasi.

ask yourself this question, only because you are so interested in $$$ spent, How much will the cost be to go GREEN. i dont want to here about how good it would be to go Green, i just want the DOLLARS you'd like to spend.
im not interested in your thoughts on the results, only the Money Honey.

skate
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
hicupps and Zilly the filly;

since you are astonished about the amount being spent. what happened to the clock we heard about for years. the one that shows how fast we were spending all of our Money thru interest cost.
im sure it is still going and going fast, but my point would be, if you people would make the CLOCK that shows how fast the money is coming into the USA economy you could answer your own questions.

no way anyone can look at money Spent and ignore THE MONEY BEING MADE.

the clock for Money Made is running faster than the clock that shows money being spent.
;)

Secretariat
11-10-2007, 05:08 PM
As long as we allow China to violate fari trade laws, we get stuck.
Until they agree to obey the laws, we shuold prohibit ALL trade with China. There is NOTHING in China we need. Allowing goods from China into our country is a great step backwards in evolution. China is a menace because they do not respect human beings, and they are only about 200 years behind civilizaton. Screw anyone who does business with those throw backs.

A global economy only benfits those on the bottom - the 3rd, 4th, 5th world countries (vertical) and the fat cats on the top making the profits (horizontal).

Bush is far more a friend to China than America.

Tom,

This is the most lucid post you've ever made.

In this illusion of a free market with China we have im[orts with toys for lead paint for children, food we can't trust, and just as egregious, companies profiting without regard ro morality.

Most recently:

http://www.freepress.net/news/27860

"An unusually dramatic congressional hearing on Yahoo Inc.’s role in the imprisonment of at least two dissidents in China exposed the company to withering criticism and underscored the risks for Western companies seeking to expand there.

“While technologically and financially you are giants, morally you are pygmies,” Rep. Tom Lantos (D., Calif.), who called the hearing on Capitol Hill, told Yahoo’s co-founder and Chief Executive Jerry Yang and General Counsel Michael Callahan. “This testimony has been an appallingly disappointing performance.”

Mr. Yang apologized to the mother of journalist Shi Tao, who was jailed after Yahoo China, then a unit of the company, handed information about him to Chinese authorities in 2004. She was at the hearing, sitting directly behind Messrs. Callahan and Yang. Addressing the families of the dissidents, Mr. Yang said: “I want to say we are committed to doing what we can to secure their freedom. And I want to personally apologize for what they are going through.”

This raises a major issue in dealing with commie China who we owe untold billions to under Republican deficit spending. Eventually you pay the piper.

1. We can continue to get cheaper indentured type labor to create cheap products and help make China richer and ignore their commie government.

2. We can continue to pay more for our energy products because China will compete with us further for those same enrgy prodcuts as their economy grows and they want as much oil as us.

3. We will continue to have corporations like Yahoo who use the Bush credo that companies are requried to comply with governments who request internet information under a need to know for their national security. So China and Yahoo use Bush's logic that Yahoo China must supply information to commie Chian to help crack down on dissdents in china who wish to promote democracy. Catch 22 GW.

The enemy of our enemy is not our friend. Iraq, Pakistan, and China. Will they ever learn?

Tom
11-10-2007, 07:43 PM
We already have laws governing safety of toys - I was breaking Fisher Price toys and trying to put the pieces through a small hole in 1973. Today, TYHIS is a problem???

As in the case of illegal immigration, out government is failing BIG TIME to put the blame where it belongs...the companies that import this stuff should be 100% responsible for it. We are talking about enlarging governement to add inspectors on-site in China to inspect toys before shipment??? Give me a break. Good idea if Mattel pays for it 100%. Bad idea if one cent of tax dollars goes towrds it. As it is, Mattel should be have it's corporate charter suspended pending investigation. These bottom feeding companies are saving billions of dollars and costing us millions of American jobs and still making record profits. Our government has no balls or soul....one of the two. I see no benefit whatsoever to this nation to do ANY trade with China. This is just more of my horitzontal government theory. At the top, everyone is a turd and Bush and Mao, or whoever the POS running china is are more alike than they area to thier people.

It is time for a new government - this one has run it's course.

Grits
11-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I was going to quote your first comment Tom, I see that someone has done so.

A thread can have such nit picking, such back and forth postulating; and then you drop in and note THE ELEPHANT THAT IS SO VERY OFTEN PRESENT IN THE ROOM. Sometimes, not a great deal more needs to be said. Or maybe, I simply agree with you, and think you are an extremely wise individual.
I like your direct observations a lot.

We already have laws governing safety of toys - I was breaking Fisher Price toys and trying to put the pieces through a small hole in 1973. Today, TYHIS is a problem???

As in the case of illegal immigration, out government is failing BIG TIME to put the blame where it belongs...the companies that import this stuff should be 100% responsible for it. We are talking about enlarging governement to add inspectors on-site in China to inspect toys before shipment??? Give me a break. Good idea if Mattel pays for it 100%. Bad idea if one cent of tax dollars goes towrds it. As it is, Mattel should be have it's corporate charter suspended pending investigation. These bottom feeding companies are saving billions of dollars and costing us millions of American jobs and still making record profits. Our government has no balls or soul....one of the two. I see no benefit whatsoever to this nation to do ANY trade with China. This is just more of my horitzontal government theory. At the top, everyone is a turd and Bush and Mao, or whoever the POS running china is are more alike than they area to thier people.

It is time for a new government - this one has run it's course.

chickenhead
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
the Gov, can and will print the money in order to pay off the bonds.

an interesting thing I'm looking at are TIPS, Treasury Inflation Protected Securities, held in a Roth IRA.

I'm sure some are familiar with them, but this is how they work:

You get a fixed interest rate, like a regular Tbill, but when the consumer price index rises, say by 3%, your principal gets increased 3%, and the interest rate is calculated on the new principal. If you hold in a taxable account, you will get dinged on the principal bump (year to year as it happens), but if you hold in a tax advantaged account, no worries.

If you believe that we are set to see higher inflation going forward (and higher marginal tax rates), due to our changing demographics and the effect that has on our transfer programs (like I do)....adding $4K worth of TIPS to a Roth IRA every year will be seen as a very smart move 30 years down the road.

skate
11-12-2007, 04:53 PM
an interesting thing I'm looking at are TIPS, Treasury Inflation Protected Securities, held in a Roth IRA.

I'm sure some are familiar with them, but this is how they work:

You get a fixed interest rate, like a regular Tbill, but when the consumer price index rises, say by 3%, your principal gets increased 3%, and the interest rate is calculated on the new principal. If you hold in a taxable account, you will get dinged on the principal bump (year to year as it happens), but if you hold in a tax advantaged account, no worries.

If you believe that we are set to see higher inflation going forward (and higher marginal tax rates), due to our changing demographics and the effect that has on our transfer programs (like I do)....adding $4K worth of TIPS to a Roth IRA every year will be seen as a very smart move 30 years down the road.

ive heard about tips, but never any follow thru.

so, with Roth (tax advantage) tips acct. we can receive an advantage, being the CPI increase.
where would the cost come into play? it does sound like the right direction.

Higher inflation, but steady at around 4% or less, IMO.

not sure about the "higher tax rates". the Global situation says lower tax rates, at least for corp.

chickenhead
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
the tax rate thing only comes into play when choosing what type of account to have.....should I pay my taxes now or later? I'm thinking I'd rather pay them now..at least I know what the rates are. So ROTH IRA vs. Traditional. With a traditional IRA you're betting they will be lower...that doesn;t sound like a good bet to me.

I think if you're holding in a taxable account then I-Bonds are better, the principal won't get refigured until maturity.

skate
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
no question , your direction is well founded. id recommend putting off the outlay of tax.

the funny part is, id recommend that to others but not to myself.

go Visa, im thinking.

id rather follow Business than Gov.

chickenhead
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
visa will be good. tho I stil like amex maybe more.