PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Gore getting serious

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM
CNN reports that draftgore.com is using a 30 second television commercial to get grass roots pressure to get Al Gore to throw his hat in the ring. http://draftgore.com/free_details.asp?id=78

They need something as I doubt that a woman can win.

Greyfox
11-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Al Gore all along has been saying that he won't run.
Yet all along he has been campaigning more than anyone.
I'll be very surprised if Gore doesn't ultimately run and
I suspect that he'll beat Hillary and et.al. hands down.
Is he funding "Draft Gore?"

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 02:18 PM
CNN reports that draftgore.com is using a 30 second television commercial to get grass roots pressure to get Al Gore to throw his hat in the ring. http://draftgore.com/free_details.asp?id=78

They need something as I doubt that a woman can win.

Who cares.. It really doesn't matter. A Dem cannot win.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Who cares.. It really doesn't matter. A Dem cannot win.
Another living in a dream world. The last midterms spoke a bit to that.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Another living in a dream world. The last midterms spoke a bit to that.

Did a dem win?

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Did a dem win?
Dozens of them, many of them un-expected i.e. Montana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_United_States_Senate_election,_2006

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Dozens of them, many of them un-expected i.e. Montana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_United_States_Senate_election,_2006

So you started this thread inferring that Gore would be running for Senate and not for president?

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 02:53 PM
From Wikipedia: "The election resulted in a sweeping victory for the Democratic Party which captured the House of Representatives, the Senate, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures from the Republican Party."

I guess in the FOG of Faux news they denied this.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
From Wikipedia: "The election resulted in a sweeping victory for the Democratic Party which captured the House of Representatives, the Senate, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures from the Republican Party."

I guess in the FOG of Faux news they denied this.

I said a Dem cannot win the presidency. You were speaking of Gore attempting to win the presidency, corret?

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Come on the mood of the country reflects than ANY candidate close to the brain stem, verbal dyslexic war prez cannot succeed.

skate
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

They need something as I doubt that a woman can win.:sleeping:

oh boy, do they need help.

ive been looking forward to seeing hillary (mrs. sponge pants) "the-Spunge" in the white house again.
it looks as if she's trying to back out of her obligation.

your second comment is a joke. you doubt that a woman can win?

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Come on the mood of the country reflects than ANY candidate close to the brain stem, verbal dyslexic war prez cannot succeed.

Yes, we heard all of this in 2004.

If you wish hard enough, maybe it will come true.

Face it, you'll be greeted in 2008 with 8 more years of whining and bitching opportunity.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Face it, you'll be greeted in 2008 with 8 more years of whining and bitching opportunity.
If both parties do what they have been: NOTHING which reflects what their constituents want over what the "corporates" want.

It must be difficult to do what is right over what makes one money. Most cannot do the right thing. That's why they get immortalized in books like Profiles in Courage.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
As an aside, You find harness racing interesting? I watch, first hand, about 50 races per week and usually have to pinch myself to stay awake.

The equipment changes alone would take hours to sort out.

Greyfox
11-02-2007, 03:14 PM
As an aside, You find harness racing interesting? I watch, first hand, about 50 races per week and usually have to pinch myself to stay awake.

Good one 46 Zil.:lol: :lol:
(I share the same sentiments. But a lot of people love them.)

Tom
11-02-2007, 03:19 PM
A dem cannot win and I love harness racing.
:p

kenwoodallpromos
11-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I would love to see Gore in a 3rd party run, he is the only living to lose while winning the popular vote.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM

I feel the same way about your posts.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I feel the same way about your posts.
B.S. as often as you comment you know that is not so.

I Know why the title: EVERY harness race is just the same? I've got it now.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
B.S. as often as you comment you know that is not so.

I Know why the title: EVERY harness race is just the same? I've got it now.

Again, your posts are all the same. Anti US government, whiny, bitchy, and lacking substance.

And on a side note, the part about harness racing that I enjoy is profiting. That never gets boring. I am not in it for the beauty of the horses.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:22 PM
And on a side note, the part about harness racing that I enjoy is profiting. That never gets boring. I am not in it for the beauty of the horses.
I have always admired their amazing stamina. It is just too slow and lumbering a pace and always the same distance with always the same tactics: wait wait and wait.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
No only anti Dubya government. Where have you been?

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I have always admired their amazing stamina. It is just too slow and lumbering a pace and always the same distance with always the same tactics: wait wait and wait.

You must hate turf racing as well then.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
No only anti Dubya government. Where have you been?

Well you joined in 2004, what other govt has been in place?

You hate Bush and Cheney. We get it.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
You must hate turf racing as well then.
No there is a pace in those and it is one you can pivot the field upon. It is not limited to the last 80 feet. I once did think that until I studied Pizzolla's window and applied it to the Sartin methodology.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:48 PM
You hate Bush and Cheney. We get it.

I see these two as incompetent, dangerous clowns. Laughing at them is what I enjoy. Hate is only engendered at the source when one is irrational. These two are idiots with their own statements and actions to back them up repeatedly, almost daily in the case of the brain stem.

Hate is a useless and counterproductive state of affairs. Raymond A. Franklin, author of The Hate Directory, focuses on groups that "advocate violence against, separation from, defamation of, deception about, or hostility towards others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation."

Canadian communications scholar Karim Karim points out that the "Other" is one of a number of human archetypes common to all cultures. When people transfer their fears and hatred to the "Other," the targeted group becomes less than human.

These guys are HUMAN clowns just like Bozo and Ronald MacDonald.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 04:53 PM
No there is a pace in those and it is one you can pivot the field upon. It is not limited to the last 80 feet. I once did think that until I studied Pizzolla's window and applied it to the Sartin methodology.

If you think all of harness racing happens in the last 80 feet, then you simply don't understand the handicapping/winning aspect. Just because you cannot figure it out doesn't make it boring.

harnesslover
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I see these two as incompetent, dangerous clowns. Laughing at them is what I enjoy. Hate is only engendered at the source when one is irrational. These two are idiots with their own statements and actions to back them up repeatedly, almost daily in the case of the brain stem.

Hate is a useless and counterproductive state of affairs. Raymond A. Franklin, author of The Hate Directory, focuses on groups that "advocate violence against, separation from, defamation of, deception about, or hostility towards others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation."

Canadian communications scholar Karim Karim points out that the "Other" is one of a number of human archetypes common to all cultures. When people transfer their fears and hatred to the "Other," the targeted group becomes less than human.

These guys are HUMAN clowns just like Bozo and Ronald MacDonald.

Well again, regardless of what you think of them, they were better than what the Dems offered up. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in office.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
If you think all of harness racing happens in the last 80 feet, then you simply don't understand the handicapping/winning aspect. Just because you cannot figure it out doesn't make it boring.
I am FAR from alone in that evaluation stance.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Well again, regardless of what you think of them, they were better than what the Dems offered up. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in office.
If you have read much here, you might find that I tend to agree as I stated only Ron Paul has been making much sense.

I have now, and always, considered the person not the party.

kenwoodallpromos
11-02-2007, 06:24 PM
I find it truly amazing how 46 starts a thread about the possibility of Gore running in 08, then he himself spins it off 180 in both directions into a combination of Bush bashing AND harness racing! I know you will not miss me 46 if you never see me post on any of your threads again!

Greyfox
11-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I find it truly amazing how 46 starts a thread about the possibility of Gore running in 08, then he himself spins it off 180 in both directions into a combination of Bush bashing AND harness racing! !

Surely you see the connections kenwoodallpromos?
You jest, I'm sure.

Gore = Warming =He's a "Warm monger" with power hunger.
Bush = Warring =He's a "War monger" with power hunger.
Harness = Boring =They're "Snore mongers" and if you listen to Bush and Gore speak, they're both Snore mongers too (Boring).

Greyfox
11-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I find it truly amazing how 46 starts a thread about the possibility of Gore running in 08, then he himself spins it off 180 in both directions into a combination of Bush bashing AND harness racing! I know you will not miss me 46 if you never see me post on any of your threads again!

In the rear view mirror, my own post was worse than kenwoodallpromos.
I admire 46 Zil... for the thread starter.
Indeed, this man, whether you agree with him or not, adds fibre to the arguments offered. Thank you 46Zil.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2007, 05:16 AM

They need something as I doubt that a woman can win.Hell, Gore would be even BETTER for the GOP than Hillary or Obama....

All of a sudden, a guy who couldn't beat GWB in 2000 is looking GOOD to you? Wow....if this is the best the Dems can do.....Gore, Hillary or Obama, I shudder for the future of this nation.

At least the Republicans have some diversity.....they have Ron Paul on one end, and Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson on the other....something for everyone....

No way in the world Gore, Hillary or Obama wins the White House in 2008. Keep trying though....you might actually come up with another Bill Clinton someday....

Usually, when trying to WIN something, you look back and see who was considered SUCCESSFUL in the past.....not a loser like Gore, an unlikable like Hillary, or an inexperienced like Obama....

I once thought Gore was the only hope Dems had at winning the White House in 2008. Now I have reconsidered, and think he may be their WORST chance....

Greyfox
11-03-2007, 09:04 AM
All of a sudden, a guy who couldn't beat GWB in 2000 is looking GOOD to you?

Nixon couldn't beat Kennedy either in his first go round.

ArlJim78
11-03-2007, 10:38 AM
oh boy would it be fun if Gore got involved, the return of the lockbox and other gems.

my thought is that with his new found status as a Hollywood type and documentary filmmaker, if he should get the nom he should choose a running mate from that field. In fact I'll suggest that he run with Michael Moore since they are basically aligned so closely philosophically. Gore could fix the environment, Moore can overhall health care.
Together they would be "An Inconvenient Sicko"

Tom
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I
Indeed, this man, whether you agree with him or not, adds fibre to the arguments offered. Thank you 46Zil.

And we all know the results of more fiber, don't we? :lol:

Greyfox
11-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes. :lol:

Marshall Bennett
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Al Gore all along has been saying that he won't run.
Yet all along he has been campaigning more than anyone.
I'll be very surprised if Gore doesn't ultimately run and
I suspect that he'll beat Hillary and et.al. hands down.
Is he funding "Draft Gore?"
At least Gore has some qualifications , Hillary isn't qualified for the job she holds now !! Besides , once she's nominated , Whitewater and other old issues will resurface , she'll be fortunate if she's doing anything !!

dylbert
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, draft Al Gore and send him to Iraq. He will reinvite the Internet, stop global warming, and lead troops home from Fertile Cresent!

1-to-5 to repeat as Nobel Peace Prize winner if he pulls off that trifecta!